PDA

View Full Version : OTHG NInja Learning Program

princessfran
11-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Hi beloved possums ;)

The last few weeks I've been training hard to try to learn Ninja skills. (which is hardddddddddd....wheep) It's even harder when I discovered how hard it is to find the perfect tracks to learn certain moves. So much time I've spend on the user created tracks section to find tracks that could help me a bit further and so many times I got dissapointed because I ended up on tracks that could learn me a skill but still was "too much" which ended up in frustration. I've asked people on stream for advice and for names of tracks (which isn't really easy also because you need to write it down and then find it (hoping that I didn't make a mistake in the language or caps) This made me think this morning...wouldn't it a great idea if members from the OTHG could help people with this?, like...with a sort of "OTHG Ninja Learning Program" Stationary bunnyhop, Riding on the backwheel backwards, Frontwheel hopping forwards, Fender grabs, Fronthweel only, backwheel only....there are so many things to learn but which track to start with? many of them are too difficult, or too easy....which track learn when?? I know a few tracks but I need help so I would love it to give it a go and discover what OTHG members can and will do to help Trials players to become a real Ninja skilled rider. Underneath a screenshot and a link towards a file that could be filled with tracks / tips / links...everything that could be helpfull because learning the skills to become a Ninja rider is already time consuming enough without needing to search for the perfect tracks also :P

http://s26.postimg.org/m5ytm34eh/screenshot.jpg
Link towards the file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S1sBZU4LzIiSv4MNNioUmzdl9IxXEOD9TBCWoOH3Qhc/edit?usp=sharing

bakum4tsu
11-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Finally manged to check the thread that you have mentioned in the stream Fran.

Looks like you went through a lot of work to do that but, like I said on the stream, just go for some lvl1 Ninjas and get through them. You will eventually learn the "new" tricks by yourselfe but you can also watch someone's replay of course. The tracks I've mentioned I'm pretty sure you can do almost all of them, and in your 2nd run in some of them you will even do better of course and that will give you extra motivaton to keep struggling and going. Good luck with the ninja ladder, its a hard but glorious one in the end :D

Jayfunk13
11-09-2015, 06:44 AM
Hell yes!! This is what I play trials for. Speed runs although fun to watch are not really my style I'm all about learning Ninjas. Stationary bunny hops isn't really something you need a particular course to learn that takes a video tutorial and then picking any track and just trying it and also its the hardest skill to learn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mnMNk9fXX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwkYxRx0ylQ

princessfran
11-09-2015, 08:25 AM
The tracks I've mentioned I'm pretty sure you can do almost all of them, and in your 2nd run in some of them you will even do better of course and that will give you extra motivaton to keep struggling and going. Good luck with the ninja ladder, its a hard but glorious one in the end :D

@Bakum; I've mentioned the tracks you picked underneath in the file so I (and others) can easily access/find them and I will try them all:P
I hope eventually to gain the experience and skill to find out which track in which order could be played best but I think I can find this out by looking at the amount of faults I make on a track and on which time I can clear it (if I can of course..lolzz)

princessfran
11-09-2015, 09:01 AM
Hell yes!! This is what I play trials for. Speed runs although fun to watch are not really my style I'm all about learning Ninjas. Stationary bunny hops isn't really something you need a particular course to learn that takes a video tutorial and then picking any track and just trying it and also its the hardest skill to learn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mnMNk9fXX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwkYxRx0ylQ

Awesome, now these are eactly the things I'm looking for!! :D (and tracks where you need to use stationary bunnyhops of course:p
I have mentioned these links in the program
Tysm!!

Jayfunk13
11-10-2015, 02:56 AM
Just a couple of Spelling corrections on the ninja track list Fran . Hydro Ninja, Sky Life Extreme, Dark Night Ninja

princessfran
11-10-2015, 01:22 PM
@Jay: Okiess, will make the corrections immediately.
I have added a few tracks myself which were really helpfull for me and yesterday I cleared the track Ninja practise 7.0 which was Frontwheel & Backwheel only Yayyyyyyyyy :D

Jayfunk13
11-11-2015, 02:43 AM
@Jay: Okiess, will make the corrections immediately.
I have added a few tracks myself which were really helpfull for me and yesterday I cleared the track Ninja practise 7.0 which was Frontwheel & Backwheel only Yayyyyyyyyy :D

Fran is that the correct spelling "Ninja practise 7.0" I couldn't find it or any variation of the spelling

EDIT Never mind I found it. turns out i did it sometime ago. watched your replay well done. That is a nifty little shortcut you did there. When i rerun it I'm gonna have to try it

Jayfunk13
11-11-2015, 05:57 AM
In case you haven't seen this list. This is Ninjas of all levels for PS4 https://sites.google.com/site/ps4fusionninjalist/

princessfran
11-11-2015, 08:28 AM
In case you haven't seen this list. This is Ninjas of all levels for PS4 https://sites.google.com/site/ps4fusionninjalist/

I neveer saw that list, but I did now!!:)
I took also the freedom to mention a link towards your site in the file because it's a awesome list! :P
There are also a few other sites which mention Ninja tracks, which I have added also

bakum4tsu
11-11-2015, 11:28 PM

I think this list is out of date completely but its a good start anyway for new ninja riders. :)

Jayfunk13
11-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Ok here are some of my favorite training tracks.

If only listed one track this is my favorite by far
"Cat's Ninja Training" by iRockyCat. This is the ultimate training track that covers a little of everything. I've improved so much because of this track. Roughly 20+ cp

"For pros. Extremeness" by Jake_McCoy420 Fw/Bw

"Snow Ninja " Fw/Bw

"Ninja bw fw [ lvl 1 ]" by MiniCotcha59

"Mini Training Room" by Yokonori8 I only listed one track by this designer but you must look up his tracks there is like 4 or 5 training tracks and they are all great

"Climb of Uber" by nugget0797 this is another desginer that you must look up he has several training tracks such as "Wheelie hop 3"

"Blue n red training" fw/bw short track like 5 cp

"Extreme track training" Not ninja but all the extreme tough obstacles that are in the career mode this guy put into one track. You can also skip cp's and practice on the cp's you want

"Ninja Training 2.0" fw/bw You may have this listed not sure though

"Stadium Ninja" this one is in the list but it's a great training track as well

look up SOPHITIA1 this track designer has a bunch of 1 cp ninja training tracks

princessfran
11-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Tysm Jay!!

These are PS4 tracks right?
This is exaclty where I was aiming for :D
I made a screenshot from it and uploaded it to image org so I can easily see them on the tv:p

Jayfunk13
11-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Tysm Jay!!

These are PS4 tracks right?
This is exaclty where I was aiming for :D
I made a screenshot from it and uploaded it to image org so I can easily see them on the tv:p

Yep all PS4! Let me know if you can't find any of them but I'm pretty sure I got the spelling right on all of them

elCamsterino
12-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Hey Fran, I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I'm starting to try a few ninja tracks myself now.

Don't know if you have trials for X1 but there is a lolmon track called Monkey Village (EXTREME) which I'm pretty sure is borderline Ninja that is great for stepping up.

If someone could suggest a few X1 training ninjas that would be sweet too ;)

princessfran
01-21-2016, 09:07 AM
Hey Fran, I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I'm starting to try a few ninja tracks myself now.

That's awesome, I wish you the best and lot's of determination!! ;)

Don't know if you have trials for X1 but there is a lolmon track called Monkey Village (EXTREME) which I'm pretty sure is borderline Ninja that is great for stepping up.

I don't play Trials on the XOne and therefore I cannot add tracks from the XOne on the list, for this I really need help from other Ninja Riders who are using the XOne as console (hint!!!!) :(

If someone could suggest a few X1 training ninjas that would be sweet too ;)

Indeed, where is everyone??? :p

I've been trying to find some more tracks (added like 3 last week for the PS4) which were "normal" tracks but had all one certain Ninja skill that was needed to be able to clear the track.
Because I couldn't find the training track for this certain skill easily (which also looked a bit nice) I put them on the list. (later we can swap these for tracks that are better for learning this skill instead) but at least it's something because THE LIST IS STILL LOOKING TOO EMPTY :nonchalance:

I stepped back for w while for several reasons from Trials but started to play again a bit more.Iand I will do my best to search more training levels..

@Jayfunk: I have added you to the list and you should be able now to add new tracks.
@All: If you have suggestions, please make sure you send me the details of the trck in the following order please so nothing goes wrong:
Console - Which Ninja Skill that can be learned - Name Creator - Name Track

x Mataeus x
01-25-2016, 10:53 AM
I'm alright with a few of the easier ones - Fender grab is my go-to skill for certain jumps (There are certain tracks I wouldn't have finished without them) and is an amazing trick to learn, which is only possible in these games thanks to the quirks of a physical player character.

Great work Fran :)

elCamsterino
01-26-2016, 11:46 AM
Quick note; University of Trials YouTube channel uploaded a really nice video on front wheel balancing and it's uses in a track. First in a series of Ninja skills I believe. Well worth a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5gRNjJuG8U

Also now that Confused Muscles tracks have seen the Xplat treatment, Recovery Point is an awesome track... Very long but the Obstacles are firmly level 1.

I've not finished it yet but keep going back and getting better/further :cool:

princessfran
01-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Quick note; University of Trials YouTube channel uploaded a really nice video on front wheel balancing and it's uses in a track. First in a series of Ninja skills I believe. Well worth a look.

I've seen the awesome video from Oso and the link towards it is mentioned in the Spreadsheet :)
I cannot wait to see the other video's because a better tutorial video for front wheel control cannot be found on Youtube.
It's btw perfect that you've put the link towards that video here in the tread, Thank you for this !!

I've not finished it yet but keep going back and getting better/further http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/cool.png

It's awesome to see progress, isn't it?!! http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/wink.png

Btw: There is a track where a white ramp gets steeper and steeper when you climb upon it and where the person clears the track by riding in a "transporter spot"
(this is not the track with the curved ramp which you can put steeper and steeper!)
I was searching for this track (again) because it would be a very good track to learn climbing as well, anyone who knows the name of this track??

princessfran
01-31-2016, 03:56 PM
I've added a few nice tracks which focus on Fendering.
Ninja skills brings fendering to a new level and totally unexpected some of these track were much harder then I thought.
One gives also a small lesson in climbing.

Of course I have mentioned in the program:)

Name Track - Name Creator (PS4)

Fender Grabber
TuborgO

Fender challange
Iflowerpl

Fender swing down
FusionShared

Fender To Switch [F]
nugget0797

elCamsterino
01-31-2016, 11:44 PM
Thanks for those fran :D glad I can search for these now :cool:

princessfran
02-01-2016, 12:33 AM
Hi elCmsterino :)

I achieved two Platinum medals on two of the tracks and you cannot imagine how pleased I was because it was really a struggle.
Especially on the one where you need to drop and fender as far as possible and end with a endo was tuff, but I did it and if I can do it anyone can!! :D

The Fender to Switch (be aware that you take the correct one)....pffffff lolzzz
I gained bronze but it's really a movement with the controller that needs to be learned and it's so hard.
Especially because this movement comes back on so many Ninja Levels!!!!
I will get back to that track and practise untill I can have acieved at least the Gold Medal.

It's a bit the same with undereneath mentioned track (name track - creator track) the multiple bunny hop skill...also a level which I try over and over again..

Bunny Hop Challange

iRockyCat

elCamsterino
02-01-2016, 12:40 AM
Hi elCmsterino :)

I achieved two Platinum medals on two of the tracks and you cannot imagine how pleased I was because it was really a struggle.
Especially on the one where you need to drop and fender as far as possible and end with a endo was tuff, but I did it and if I can do it anyone can!! :D

The Fender to Switch (be aware that you take the correct one)....pffffff lolzzz
I gained bronze but it's really a movement with the controller that needs to be learned and it's so hard.
Especially because this movement comes back on so many Ninja Levels!!!!
I will get back to that track and practise untill I can have acieved at least the Gold Medal.

It's a bit the same with undereneath mentioned track (name track - creator track) the multiple bunny hop skill...also a level which I try over and over again..

Bunny Hop Challange
iRockyCat

Awesome! :D

Inquisitor_FIN
02-04-2016, 10:56 AM
I could probably build a super-tutorial track for ninja techniques with each cp being a different one. Also with skippable cp's with the bumpers so anyone can choose which they wanna try or replay.
Also not against firing up my editing software again for some ninja tutorials :)

Ozy Be
02-04-2016, 11:17 AM
:) that would be awesome Fin, please do,
Cant contribute to this thread cuz I aint no ninja lol,
Being able to skip through the CPs would be sweet, practice for different techniques without changing the track,
A vid to help practice the same track would be a big hit ;)

V8 JEDI
02-04-2016, 12:41 PM
:) that would be awesome Fin, please do.
+1

Has anyone seen/played Maninawhitesuit's Ninja Training track?
Not sure what it's called (Sorry), but DJ2witchy was playing it on his stream at the weekend. Great stuff indeed!
Unfortunately, as with a lot of skill games, it doesn't work too well on anything other than its native console. (PS4 I believe).
But if that happens to be your console of choice, then give it a spin. You lucky people.

princessfran
02-04-2016, 03:06 PM
I could probably build a super-tutorial track for ninja techniques with each cp being a different one.

Woooottttt, please do!! :D

Has anyone seen/played Maninawhitesuit's Ninja Training track?

Not yet...but that will change quicky because I'm going to start up the PS4 and find that track creator :P http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

A vid to help practice the same track would be a big hit http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/wink.png

And let us not forget about streaming it on Twitch toohttp://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/tongue.png

eflixxx
02-04-2016, 03:32 PM
I could probably build a super-tutorial track for ninja techniques with each cp being a different one. Also with skippable cp's with the bumpers so anyone can choose which they wanna try or replay.
Also not against firing up my editing software again for some ninja tutorials :)

may i suggest a tut for climbing vertical walls? something more than just "practice your throttle control", if possible? after playing this game for many many years, this technique still baffles me.

princessfran
02-04-2016, 03:54 PM
I just tried *and will try some more to get higher points in less time the Ninja Tutorial track from Maninawhitesuit.
The track is called Ninja Digital Handbook and It's awesome!!!!
But I am afraid there is one small issue...

I think that the difficulty level from most of the skills are (for the beginning) too difficult.
The straight wall climb is really high the back to frontwheel swapping (5x without a fault to get a score?..that looks to me like a Level.3 level.4 Challange..lolzz)
Nonetheless this is for sure a creation to keep in the favorites:p so tysm V8! these are the tracks we're looking for!!

Inquisitor_FIN
02-10-2016, 04:57 PM
I'll get to work on some videos and maybe the track too as soon as I solve my connection issues. It's really draining my motivation atm >.<

bigbow62
02-17-2016, 05:24 PM
Got my Ninja report card today.....( F,F,F,F ) now for speed running class I got a big fat platinum star on my bike !

elCamsterino
02-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Got my Ninja report card today.....( F,F,F,F ) now for speed running class I got a big fat platinum star on my bike !

But Old dogs can learn new tricks... so it's detention for you :p

Finally passed Recovery Point by Confused Muscles! Was so happy, took 25minutes and change and about 225 faults but it has been a Joy grinding it for bronze. May have to wait a while before I go for Silver/Gold etc.

Boss it's a great one to start off on as all obstacles are learnable and not OTT, it's just very long - hence the grind. One of my all time favourite ninja's though

Inquisitor_FIN
02-19-2016, 07:22 PM
If you guys wanna try your hand at a great, "beginner level ninja", I would warmly suggest "Beyond the Treetops". I think Muscles made it, might be wrong though. Nevertheless it's a great and easy track to get used to the simple ninja techniques :)

mathatter911
06-12-2016, 02:13 AM

Hey Fin,

Just wondering if you ever completed this track because I would love to have something like that to start figuring out those NJs?

Gulzt
03-17-2018, 09:39 AM
This spreadsheet is a goldmine! I wish I had discovered it sooner. Thank you so much for putting all that effort in to write it!

I hope I can contribute as well. I am actively maintaining a track list of all the Ninja tracks I managed to complete. It shows with how many faults I completed the runs, the time it took me, but probably most importantly in what exact order I managed to complete them.

This doesn't mean that the tracks are ordered from easy-to-hard perse, but I guess it is indicative of what should be possible to complete. I mention a few other sources of where I found lists of Ninja tracks. Most helpful for me has been the list from StormPsychoz, who also does a recommendation of tracks and an order in which to complete them.

Find the link of the spreadsheet below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dW4FhOuWMA2n8aIk_O4n-ya9mWMBx7Yc5XXjwrf8kqE/edit#gid=891834841