PDA

View Full Version : Major problem with Ghost Recon

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Please help me solve this problem guys.
A few weeks ago, I thought I had a h/d going down.
Started getting messages about bad blocks on it.
So, I started installing games to other partitions.
It now appears that wherever I reinstall GR to, the fault
moves to.
I install GR, play it for a few days, then suddenly I get the flashlight icon, when I d/click the GR shortcut, Cannot find exe.etc.
If I try to browse to Program Files/RSE/GR, I get the message that this disk is not formatted, would I like to format it now.
But, if I browse to any other game, ie. Raven Shield,(which is in the same Red Storm folder), I can browse without any problems.
I am assuming that my game disc and hard disk are OK due to the fact that GR runs smooth for anything up to 4 days.(this includes shutting down PC regularly in that time)
What is happening?????????????????

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Please help me solve this problem guys.
A few weeks ago, I thought I had a h/d going down.
Started getting messages about bad blocks on it.
So, I started installing games to other partitions.
It now appears that wherever I reinstall GR to, the fault
moves to.
I install GR, play it for a few days, then suddenly I get the flashlight icon, when I d/click the GR shortcut, Cannot find exe.etc.
If I try to browse to Program Files/RSE/GR, I get the message that this disk is not formatted, would I like to format it now.
But, if I browse to any other game, ie. Raven Shield,(which is in the same Red Storm folder), I can browse without any problems.
I am assuming that my game disc and hard disk are OK due to the fact that GR runs smooth for anything up to 4 days.(this includes shutting down PC regularly in that time)
What is happening?????????????????

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 04:26 PM
First of all, suggest you check your HDD manufacturer, visit their website and under "technical support" or "Downloads" find a utility to check your harddisk.
e.g. "Maxtor got one called "Powermax".

If you got Island Thunder you can use that CD to run the game. See if that helps.

If your HDD is OK, and your game CD is, I would take the bother and time, format and fdisk the drive. What you can do then is install OS, then Ghost Recon, no other programs and see how it runs for a couple of days.

If it's a periodic failure, either your HDD, game CD or a systemfile, you will continue to get that error and it will probably get worse.

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/famjourdan/GRsig.jpg