PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys think mods supported would be fine foer GRW?

null499
11-07-2015, 02:19 AM
Actually i played a lot of mods supported game like Arma and Insurency.

Mods sometime surely will improved the gameplay,but i also used some bad mods totally destory the whole game(or even my PC,dont ask for details,lol).

SO do you guys think it would be a good idea to have a mods support in GRP?

DanHibikiFanXM
11-07-2015, 03:28 AM
Ubisoft would be very wise to support the modding community on PC. They won't, but it would be a very smart thing for them to do.

null499
11-07-2015, 03:59 AM
Ubisoft would be very wise to support the modding community on PC. They won't, but it would be a very smart thing for them to do.

what is the last time a Ubi game supported mods?Maybe RainbowSix Lock Down or GRAW i think,after thet no more mod supported

ES-Ulukai
11-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Support modding give a long durability to a game, check Half-Life and all his mods and the well know Counter Strike.

CS is still the FPS played the most on internet and lans "pro league or simple league", you can create the game mode you want and maps you want.

Modding allow to create a new solo campaign with different story etc..., allow to create new maps for the multiplayer, new game modes, new weapons, new rules etc....

The thing is modding is for free or dlc cost !

We can say what we want but every compagny purpose is to deliver a good game yes but to gain money too so if one don't give sdk anymore and sell dlc the others see a opportunity too and that's how it began a few years ago.

Still Valve stay the same and give modding tools as allways, CD Projeckt as well, Skyrim too and now Activision says they want to release a SDK beta for COD BO3.

For my part any modding tools is appreciated.

strigoi1958
11-08-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm not bothered about mods... they can improve and damage games equally... my friend has so many mods on skyrim he's "playing" at 9 to 14 fps... I don't call that playing. So many things that can cause conflicts and the first thing people do when the game crashes is complain to the developers and expect them to sort out a self inflicted problem. :(
Also look at the things that have changed like women in bikinis with machine guns, spiderman and thomas the tank engine in skyrim it can get crazy.

IL2 is a great flying game (thanks Ubisoft) it was enhanced by HD textures and sounds... but there are still guys playing it who have not moved on.... there are hundreds of new games every year and lots are AAA titles and I really don't want to be playing any 2015/ 2016 game in 2022 no matter how good it is and regardless of how many mods it has.

I wouldn't mind some community maps but, as much as I am really really excited about GRW, there are so many great games out there it would be silly for me to be "stuck" playing just 1 for a year trying out mods.... There's Farcry Primal, Rainbow6 siege, FOR HONOR, The Division, Syndicate as well as GRW... if I only played those 6 I'd only get 2 months play even if no other games come out for a year.

null499
11-08-2015, 11:08 PM
I'm not bothered about mods... they can improve and damage games equally... my friend has so many mods on skyrim he's "playing" at 9 to 14 fps... I don't call that playing. So many things that can cause conflicts and the first thing people do when the game crashes is complain to the developers and expect them to sort out a self inflicted problem. :(
Also look at the things that have changed like women in bikinis with machine guns, spiderman and thomas the tank engine in skyrim it can get crazy.

IL2 is a great flying game (thanks Ubisoft) it was enhanced by HD textures and sounds... but there are still guys playing it who have not moved on.... there are hundreds of new games every year and lots are AAA titles and I really don't want to be playing any 2015/ 2016 game in 2022 no matter how good it is and regardless of how many mods it has.

I wouldn't mind some community maps but, as much as I am really really excited about GRW, there are so many great games out there it would be silly for me to be "stuck" playing just 1 for a year trying out mods.... There's Farcry Primal, Rainbow6 siege, FOR HONOR, The Division, Syndicate as well as GRW... if I only played those 6 I'd only get 2 months play even if no other games come out for a year.

Years ago i have the same opinion,but now i only pay for a game if it's really that good

null499
11-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Support modding give a long durability to a game, check Half-Life and all his mods and the well know Counter Strike.

CS is still the FPS played the most on internet and lans "pro league or simple league", you can create the game mode you want and maps you want.

Modding allow to create a new solo campaign with different story etc..., allow to create new maps for the multiplayer, new game modes, new weapons, new rules etc....

The thing is modding is for free or dlc cost !

We can say what we want but every compagny purpose is to deliver a good game yes but to gain money too so if one don't give sdk anymore and sell dlc the others see a opportunity too and that's how it began a few years ago.

Still Valve stay the same and give modding tools as allways, CD Projeckt as well, Skyrim too and now Activision says they want to release a SDK beta for COD BO3.

For my part any modding tools is appreciated.

Yeah,CS and Dota both are good examples,And mods these year also changed a lot,think about Dayz totally changed the views of player for Arma series,sometimes even a mod could changed the game a lot.

Cortexian
11-09-2015, 12:58 AM
It's something I've been pushing towards the devs, at least for the PC version... It would be nice to have a system like Fallout 4 will have; creating mods on PC and porting to console. Open world games are great when custom mission support is added. Just look at ArmA.

null499
11-09-2015, 01:10 AM
It's something I've been pushing towards the devs, at least for the PC version... It would be nice to have a system like Fallout 4 will have; creating mods on PC and porting to console. Open world games are great when custom mission support is added. Just look at ArmA.

Also change something without the dev helps.or even let player work with devs to improve the games.