PDA

View Full Version : I hope Evie is nicer to Jacob going forward

RaggedTyper
11-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Anyone notice how sweet Jacob is to Evie in just about all his interactions with her? Even on their train hide out he says stuff like "You look lovely today, Evie" "those brass knuckles really bring out your eyes", "fetching outfit, Evie", "something troubling you old girl?". And the first thing that came out of his mouth when defeating Starrick was not a comment on what had just happened or even his joy that they had won but his sadness that he won't be working with hid sister anymore. He clearly adores her for some reason but sometimes I question whether Evie even loves Jacob. :(

She's constantly insulting him and not in teasing way either. The only nice thing she says to him is "Hi Jacob, it's good to see you."

Writers please rectify this a bit and have Evie complimenting him from time to time.

cawatrooper9
11-06-2015, 10:42 PM
I think the twins are often being sarcastic to each other on the train...

Steelray25
11-06-2015, 11:27 PM
Never had any siblings close in age?

Their banter seemed spot on.

And Jacob WAS in need of some tough love.

RaggedTyper
11-06-2015, 11:40 PM

I do have a sibling close in age.

Evie is bashing Jacob at every opportunity which isn't normal. We need to see her being nice to Jacob, not just tearing him down at every opportunity.

LoyalACFan
11-07-2015, 01:29 AM
I do have a sibling close in age.

Evie is bashing Jacob at every opportunity which isn't normal. We need to see her being nice to Jacob, not just tearing him down at every opportunity.

Lol yes it is. My brother and I talk s**t to each other on a daily basis, doesn't mean I don't love the little doofus.

But honestly, on the whole, I thought Jacob was a bigger asshat to Evie than she was to him. Not necessarily on the train, but in virtually all story cutscenes he's undermining her and ridiculing her "responsibleness" at every turn. Also, his comments in the train came across as sarcastic to me most of the time. "Those brass knuckles really bring out your eyes," yeah, what a genuinely heartfelt compliment :rolleyes:

And Evie does have a few nice things she says to Jacob too. I remember she said he "looked dashing with a cane" at one point.

Namikaze_17
11-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Speaking from an older sibling perspective, you're just nice when you feel like it. :rolleyes:

Pandassin
11-07-2015, 02:31 PM
She's clearly being sarcastic with him, and I don't blame her.

Have you paid attention to the cutscenes? Jacob is no different to her, in fact he teases her much more than she does to him.

xDarkAegisx
11-07-2015, 04:44 PM

I'm sorry, but every interaction Evie has with Jacob is pure malice. Jacob may be a bit sarcastic with her and pick at her in cutscenes, but she is pure on cruel to him. He never once told her her quest was pointless but she makes it readily apparent she thinks hes wasting his time literally killing off Templars and helping the poor. To the OP though, if you equip a cane sword she says some nice things about him but that's as far as ive ever seen her have any sincerity towards him. Jacob adores her, the death of their father destroyed him and Evie is cruel to him at nearly every chance she can get.

Shes a terrible sister.

RaggedTyper
11-07-2015, 05:43 PM
I'm sorry, but every interaction Evie has with Jacob is pure malice. Jacob may be a bit sarcastic with her and pick at her in cutscenes, but she is pure on cruel to him. He never once told her her quest was pointless but she makes it readily apparent she thinks hes wasting his time literally killing off Templars and helping the poor. To the OP though, if you equip a cane sword she says some nice things about him but that's as far as ive ever seen her have any sincerity towards him. Jacob adores her, the death of their father destroyed him and Evie is cruel to him at nearly every chance she can get.

Shes a terrible sister.

Even when she was flower hunting for Henry she couldn't resist having a dig at Jacob behind his back, caling him a narcassist to which Henry remarked she was being cruel.

When Jacob was commenting on Evie letting Henry cloud her judgement he was looking out for her and even said that (despite the fact he thinks the POE are garbage) that he'd let her know if he finds anything. And he said he was following her to keep her company which is consistent considering that he also wanted to hang out with her for Crate Escape. He supports her even when he doesn't agree with her and always follows her lead despite her claims that he doesn't trust her judgement.

ze_topazio
11-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Me and my sister are constantly trash talking each other.