PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Outfits of previous chapter

RobPrince
11-06-2015, 04:28 PM
In all the Assassin's Creed games there are all the outfits from the previous chapters. But this year, in Assassin's Creed Syndicate, there are only 2 outfits (Ezio and Edward).

My question is: Why?

The outfits are very important for the fans, because everyone has a favourite character and hopes to be able to wear his outfit. So, why to put only two outfits from the previous chapters and to satisfy only a part of the fans? All or none!

Please Ubi, can you add Altair, Connor, Shay and Arno's outfit? Do it for your fans!

prince162010
11-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Agreed

Legacy outfits is one of the most important things to fans ..

Please Ubi

flavorcountry19
11-07-2015, 10:25 PM
yeah i kinda found it weird that its ezio and edward? maybe cause they seem to be the most liked by fans? but i mean i hardly ever use them anyways so its not a big deal to me but still very odd!

Wolfmeister1010
11-08-2015, 03:33 AM
I can't believe they didn't put in an altair outfit lol.

Agreed. It has been a staple since AC2.

I am 99 percent sure they will be included in a free "legacy pack" down the road, though.

RobPrince
11-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Please, may we have an answer about this argument?

cawatrooper9
11-12-2015, 08:24 PM
I think it's pretty clear that Edward has fallen into the good graces of the AC pantheon, right along with Ezio. He got a lot of love in Syndicate (as to be expected, since he lived in London for a time), so I guess it makes sense why his outfit is available. Ezio- well, there'd be riots if they snubbed Ezio by not including his outfit.

As for the rest- well, bear in mind that I would've loved to have them. However, I suppose it makes sense that they're not available. If we're going to get a new protagonist (or two, apparently) each year, that quickly builds up the legacy outfit catalog. While I'd love to have them all available in each game, I suppose that sooner or later they'd give up on adding them.

RobPrince
11-12-2015, 09:13 PM
I think it's pretty clear that Edward has fallen into the good graces of the AC pantheon, right along with Ezio. He got a lot of love in Syndicate (as to be expected, since he lived in London for a time), so I guess it makes sense why his outfit is available. Ezio- well, there'd be riots if they snubbed Ezio by not including his outfit.

As for the rest- well, bear in mind that I would've loved to have them. However, I suppose it makes sense that they're not available. If we're going to get a new protagonist (or two, apparently) each year, that quickly builds up the legacy outfit catalog. While I'd love to have them all available in each game, I suppose that sooner or later they'd give up on adding them.

cawatrooper, there are a lot of outfits in all games of Assassin's Creed. It's impossible that 3-4 outfits are a big problem

cawatrooper9
11-12-2015, 09:54 PM
cawatrooper, there are a lot of outfits in all games of Assassin's Creed. It's impossible that 3-4 outfits are a big problem

And that's not at all what I meant. Imagine AC 2020 (assuming the series is still going strong then, and assuming the annualization cycle with 1 protagonist per year has continued): That will be five years from now, so we'd have an additional five Assassins (if not more- after all, we've had two protagonists per year for the past two years now). Add that to the already existing pantheon of main game Assassins (8) plus Shay, Aveline, and possibly Adewale (3), and take into account supporting characters or protagonists from AC Chronicles such as Shao Jun and Elise (?) and you're looking at easily over 20 legacy outfits.

Now, sure- you might say 20 outfits is a lot, but it's not completely unreasonable to expect from a game, and I'd agree. But that's 20+ legacy outfits. That's not even including yet any other outfits that AC 2020 would want to include specific to its own protagonist(s).

So yes, I'd absolutely love to see such a robust trove of legacy outfits (or just outfits in general) for a character in an AC game. But, seeing as how much it builds on itself each year, we eventually had to reach a point where compromises had to be made. It happened sooner than I'd have liked (and hey, maybe more legacy outfits will be in the DLC) but I suppose it makes sense.

Unity and Rogue, as much as people generally hated those games, really went all out with the legacy outfits- so, I guess you could look at it this way: would you want the development team to spend their time looking to the past to satisfy your nostalgic cravings, or would you prefer they focus on making solid games?

m4r-k7
11-12-2015, 10:18 PM
I am suprised Arno's outfit wasn't in the game seeing as his could pass for a Victorian era outfit. I am guessing its something to do with the hood up and down animations for the outfits. Extra work I imagine.

RobPrince
11-12-2015, 10:26 PM
I am suprised Arno's outfit wasn't in the game seeing as his could pass for a Victorian era outfit. I am guessing its something to do with the hood up and down animations for the outfits. Extra work I imagine.

Agreed! Arno's outfit is the most appropriate for the Victorian era!

cawatrooper9
11-12-2015, 10:36 PM

True- though seeing how the only ones we did get were Ezio and Edward (Assassins from the more successful games) perhaps Arno was excluded on a merit basis :p

Assassin_M
11-13-2015, 12:22 AM
You know what the funny part is? I never cared for legacy outfits. Matter of fact, I was always a proponent of removing them and having them replaced with period accurate outfits instead.

This scenario, however, is very jarring. This scenario is indicative of a direction that Ubisoft seems to be taking. Anything that is universally popular will be acknowledged and revered with easter eggs, throwbacks...etc. Anything else will be treated like it doesn't exist. If ubisoft is only gonna acknowledge the universally popular games and characters, why should long time fans bother in investing in anything else? Why should I buy day 1? Why shouldn't I wait until I see if the next AC gets raving critical and user scores to invest in it? That'd be fair.

In syndicate, the only two Assassins from the past that apparently exist are Ezio and Edward. The entirety of the McGuffen plot device centers around Edward, he gets an easter and his legacy outfit. Ezio gets 2 Easter egg, 2 mentions and a nod when Evie says Requiscat en Pace. What's more, his family's theme became the official Assassins Creed theme.

I can understand snubbing Arno, Shay, heck even Connor....but nothing for Altair? The OG? Nothing at all? That just sucks.

RobPrince
11-13-2015, 12:52 AM
Yes but there is Elise outfit, why not Arno!?

ze_topazio
11-13-2015, 12:52 AM
You can't mention them all in every game, it seems like Edward and Ezio made sense, but maybe there was no reason to mention the others.

Altair is the only past character mentioned in AC4 while in AC3 only Ezio was mentioned.

Assassin_M
11-13-2015, 12:57 AM
You can't mention them all in every game
I didn't say mention them all, but it seems very convenient that they can slip Ezio in there, but not someone like Connor in Unity? For cripes sake the revolution he had a hand in starting DIRECTLY influenced the French one.

it seems like Edward and Ezio made sense, but maybe there was no reason to mention the others.
Agreed with Edward, but why Ezio? Not once, not twice, not three times, but four times. Once in Evie's notebook, once as an easter egg in Alhambra, once in one of ****ens' missions and once when Evie says Requiscat in Pace.

Altair is the only past character mentioned in AC4
What about Ruggerio?

while in AC3 only Ezio was mentioned.
I'm referring to the direction they seem to be going by what Syndicate is showing. I had no problem in prior games.

flavorcountry19
11-13-2015, 01:00 AM
may not be a previous outfit! but i hope we get george westhouses outfit! its quite awesome looking and wish we got more time with him!

for being the twins trainer and higher up he is painfully underused and absent from the story!

ze_topazio
11-13-2015, 01:04 AM
Bear with me since I haven't play the game but from what I saw Ezio is mentioned in the context that Jacob and Evie are doing the same thing Ezio did, liberating one specific city that is under strict Templar control, I don't know about the other easter eggs.

That Italian diplomat in AC4 doesn't count.

Assassin_M
11-13-2015, 01:07 AM
Bear with me since I haven't play the game but from what I saw Ezio is mentioned in the context that Jacob and Evie are doing the same thing Ezio did, liberating one specific city that is under strict Templar control, I don't know about the other easter eggs.
I'll bear with you but pie better not get involved. You're right that this is the context of the mention, but the other easter eggs and contexts have no bearing on the narrative.

That Italian diplomat in AC4 doesn't count.
Lololo, why not? That was the best easter egg any character ever got :p

I-Like-Pie45
11-13-2015, 01:19 AM
Fo' da last time, I ain't no eskimo pie, I'm a Polar Blood!

Da solution is easy as bling-bling. Remove all legacy tracksuits, 'cuz alla dems looks dang ugly an' outta place, yo.

ModernWaffle
11-13-2015, 01:26 AM

Weird, since when you wear the Elise outfit there's no extra animation - not that you could have one as Elise doesn't wear a hood as such - and Evie just crouches normally without any other animation. I think they just couldn't be bothered to add all the male legacy outfits and thought this was fine given that we also had female legacy outfits this time. But I agree, Arno (and also Shay) had clothes better fitted to the period, Ezio and Edward's robes looked really out of place and so I didn't use them for once. Shame, since legacy outfits could've been a reward given for 100% sync and give more motive to do post game activities (bit off-topic, but also no cheats this time round so bit disappointed).

On that topic though, why not mix things up next time the main outfits have been overused; I would love it if they did outfits for other known assassins - Achilles, Desmond (one we had for Brotherhood), Liam, Hope, Arbaaz, Nikolai, Galina... to name a few.

may not be a previous outfit! but i hope we get george westhouses outfit! its quite awesome looking

Yeah, I didn't like the extra outfits they gave to Jacob and Evie in Syndicate. Wish it was more like Rogue which gave a very good variety of different costumes. George's outfit would certainly have been welcomed .

m4r-k7
11-13-2015, 01:32 AM
What annoys me the most is that the Ezio legacy outfits are always the Brotherhood ones! Why is this Ezio's main robes? It wasn't necesarily his outfit at the height of his skills as the Revelations one technically is. Why can't we have this one or AC 2's?! They showed it on the Ubisoft Club page. Also why didn't they put in the Auditore cape for Evie :( That was a missed opportunity IMO.

ze_topazio
11-13-2015, 01:39 AM
I'll bear with you but pie better not get involved. You're right that this is the context of the mention, but the other easter eggs and contexts have no bearing on the narrative.

Lololo, why not? That was the best easter egg any character ever got :p

It's funny but it's not like they're mentioning Ezio directly, it's more of a parody. :D

What annoys me the most is that the Ezio legacy outfits are always the Brotherhood ones! Why is this Ezio's main robes? It wasn't necesarily his outfit at the height of his skills as the Revelations one technically is. Why can't we have this one or AC 2's?! They showed it on the Ubisoft Club page. Also why didn't they put in the Auditore cape for Evie :( That was a missed opportunity IMO.

I know right?! AC2 robes for life.

flavorcountry19
11-13-2015, 02:18 AM
and jacobs master assassin outfit might have been his best if it weren't for those giant leather shoulder flaps!

cawatrooper9
11-13-2015, 04:54 PM
What annoys me the most is that the Ezio legacy outfits are always the Brotherhood ones! Why is this Ezio's main robes?
100% this. In my opinion, it's the most generic (though, given the emphasis on a Brotherhood in the game, I suppose that's understandable). I love Ezio's AC2 robes, and I can dig the ACR ones too- ACB had the worst outfit, in my opinion.

In fact, the only part about that ACB that I liked was that the robe customization was separate from cape customization. Neither was all that robust, but it allowed for a little bit of mix/matching.

Megas_Doux
11-14-2015, 01:16 AM
AC II is the most popular AC, or least hated, game in the franchise. If you check the most liked comments on the youtube video of Syndicate theme, you'll see how much the love the fact that the tracks sounds like Ezio's family. That won't never change....

PS:

1 Neither Ezio or AC II are my favorites.
2 ACB's robes are overrated.
3 I kinda miss Arno's long robes.
4 I have yet to play Syndicate.

W-Munny66
11-14-2015, 01:30 AM

Thank you, I often wondered why they us the brotherhood outfit instead of ac2 or revelation(both of which i liked more, though when you finally got the armor at the end of the game in Brotherhood Ezio ended up looking pretty sweet). I guess it is because The armor in 2 is technically his fathers and alot of people didnt like Revelations(I did, I like all of them, even Unity).

Meowrynn
11-15-2015, 03:07 AM
What annoys me the most is that the Ezio legacy outfits are always the Brotherhood ones! Why is this Ezio's main robes? It wasn't necesarily his outfit at the height of his skills as the Revelations one technically is.

Because its the robe where he recruited many assassins, became Il Mentore, defeated borgia, and liberated roma. this is techinacally at the height of his skills whereas in revelations he is old, remember he is caught in masyaf at the opening cinematics in addition to yusuf tazim always bring up his age?

One thing I noticed legacy outfits of assassins are robes when they are in their 'middle age' ie: altairs robes-not the robes when he is the mentor of levantine assassins and about 90 at the time, ezio robes- the brotherhood one because in ac2 its his father and in revelations his traveling robes, both connor and edward too.

I-Like-Pie45
11-15-2015, 03:13 AM
To compensate for this the next AC game should include legacy outfits for every Assassin ever featured in the series, including Louis Mills & Broken Leg Guy from Assassin's Creed OG, except for Ezios. They also should let male characters wear female outfits and vice-versa, for example picture Arno running Paris around wearing Elise's clothes in her memory, in order to be more representative of the gaming populace.

RobPrince
11-18-2015, 05:34 PM
But I love London ! I would wear the Arno's outfit in this game :'(