PDA

View Full Version : where is end contents?

Weaver1488
11-06-2015, 12:02 PM
No sandbox mod

No multiplay

No skirmish game...

only campaign mod? and $59.99?

i dont understand this price..

any plans to update?

Wintermist
11-06-2015, 12:23 PM
What you don't understand, is the GAME.

KarLito.
11-06-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm on the mission that i have to get 150.000 people of the last tier. It's a huge project. And you have to invest many hours of playtime to archive it.

Doomkeeper87
11-06-2015, 01:14 PM
I'm on the mission that i have to get 150.000 people of the last tier. It's a huge project. And you have to invest many hours of playtime to archive it.

Thats the last real "Challenge" of the Game. Congrats, you will hit the Nothing-to-do-Endgame-Wall pretty soon :)

Wintermist
11-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Thats the last real "Challenge" of the Game. Congrats, you will hit the Nothing-to-do-Endgame-Wall pretty soon :)

People talk as if this game is any different from the others, they had a "nothing to do" ending too. Difference being, the previous games you ran out of things to do way before you do in this game. In comparison to Anno 2070, you can say each map is like an island, except immensely larger and completely different buildings.

k3i72y
11-06-2015, 06:06 PM
People talk as if this game is any different from the others, they had a "nothing to do" ending too. Difference being, the previous games you ran out of things to do way before you do in this game. In comparison to Anno 2070, you can say each map is like an island, except immensely larger and completely different buildings.

You obviously didn't play Anno 2070.
Anno 2070 had multiplayer, skirmish, world events and mods!

Wintermist
11-06-2015, 06:11 PM

I played a lot of 2070. I don't do Multiplayer though because I didn't see a point to it. I play long games, and getting interrupted if someone got to go and such is not for me. It's not a multiplayer game to me. Not in any way.

Skirmish isn't any different from campaign, it's just islands. World events was interesting but again it wasn't anything significant. Mods is interesting yeah, that's about it.

Doomkeeper87
11-06-2015, 06:48 PM

I think that we are all Anno Fans here, and that the biggest Part of us here agree that 2205 is by far the weakest Part in the Series. It IS nice and shiny, and futuristic but compared to most other Anno Games it is really bland. Anno 2070 offers Way more than 2205 in terms of Content, but its nice to see a Diehard 2205-Defender like Wintermist defending it against us evil other Fans ;)

Wintermist
11-06-2015, 07:40 PM
I think that we are all Anno Fans here, and that the biggest Part of us here agree that 2205 is by far the weakest Part in the Series. It IS nice and shiny, and futuristic but compared to most other Anno Games it is really bland. Anno 2070 offers Way more than 2205 in terms of Content, but its nice to see a Diehard 2205-Defender like Wintermist defending it against us evil other Fans ;)

That's what I'm here for. But honestly, forums tend to go this way, the angry people come to be angry, and the others simply play the game and see no need to come here. I'm just a forum dweller, but also a happy gamer :P

SaintHedgehog
11-07-2015, 12:08 AM
No sandbox mod

No multiplay

No skirmish game...

any plans to update?

This game needs optional mission maps aka scenarios map. aswell combat maps.

GentlemanDoc
11-07-2015, 01:23 AM
That's what I'm here for. But honestly, forums tend to go this way, the angry people come to be angry, and the others simply play the game and see no need to come here. I'm just a forum dweller, but also a happy gamer :P

hahaha so true!

It's worth mentionning that in all other annos, on 1 hour of work you would have 15-10 minutes of just waiting : waiting to upgrade your citizens, waiting to see if you make enough of this or that good, waiting to to get enough money, waiting for your boat to explore...

No more waiting and guessing, so it's normal that the same content burn a bit faster. 25 hours in, still much to do, it is as complex as other Annos but was it as hard? I wouln'd say that.

Mr_Muscle
11-07-2015, 09:42 PM
No sandbox mod

No multiplay

No skirmish game...

any plans to update?

May I ask how far did you go in the endless/campaign mode ? You surely must have made a company lvl 300 or something wih 10 mln people and that wasn't enough so you think there'e no end game. No? then go play first, then start yelling like 3/4 of the forum.

Really annoying, so many people that haven't progress farther than last story mission and think that it's all the game has to offer

srixtoja
11-08-2015, 06:30 PM
May I ask how far did you go in the endless/campaign mode ? You surely must have made a company lvl 300 or something wih 10 mln people and that wasn't enough so you think there'e no end game. No? then go play first, then start yelling like 3/4 of the forum.

Really annoying, so many people that haven't progress farther than last story mission and think that it's all the game has to offer

But where is the accomplishment in repeating the same process over and over to get your company level to 300? To what purpose? Enlighten me if there is a difference between leveling from 60 - 70 and 200 - 300 because then I'll keep playing. As far as I can see, it's just more building of the same buildings on the same types of islands until there is no space left.

Ripperino2K
11-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Game got boring fast for me , ive been beating this game 2 times now and i agree with some over here.
Anno 2070 for me was a lot nicer , 2205 got better graphics and many things are better then 2070 but gameplay wise for me was a huge let down.
Second game was exactly the same thing its like you cannot make your own decisssions , or go warmode like u could in anno 2070.
Remember not saying this game is bad and all but i truly thought there was more then this.

Mr_Muscle
11-08-2015, 07:26 PM
But where is the accomplishment in repeating the same process over and over to get your company level to 300? To what purpose? Enlighten me if there is a difference between leveling from 60 - 70 and 200 - 300 because then I'll keep playing. As far as I can see, it's just more building of the same buildings on the same types of islands until there is no space left.

And what was your purpose in playing The endless mode in every other anno other than building more of the same stuff? If you ask me or any other person on what to do in endless anno game you'd better go and refund the game, it's not for you no matter how good or bad it is.

SVK_Jacob
11-08-2015, 07:50 PM
without new maps and more chalenges is game dead ... game have potential but I went through all tasks maybe 3 days .. what now ? no enemies , inexhaustible sources, mechanics of the game is very simplified compared with anno 2070 .. I waiting on season pass .. but when they no add something more I can see it just for a few extra hours of gameplay..

I do not like canceling a different type buildings for different class inhabitants, canceling enemies attack, endless sources materials,

Regards J.C

Mr_Muscle
11-08-2015, 08:05 PM
As much as I want to defend the game I see the obvious things like simplified game-play and other. I just point out bs people post about the game. Anno 2070 had inexhaustible resourse too you know Endy, and you add it to the list of anno 2205 flaws to make it look worse than it is.

SVK_Jacob
11-08-2015, 08:34 PM
anno 2070 had inexhaustible resourse ? That's news for me .. interesting

Mr_Muscle
11-08-2015, 08:45 PM
And what do you think will happen when you use one of those refilling items Geniuses produce in Academies? Unlimited ores. Just apply 1 every now and then. You haven't been paying attention.

Skip to "Resource Refill 2.0"

http://anno2070.wikia.com/wiki/Anno_2070_Wiki:All_Items#Warehouse_Items_.28202_It ems.29

srixtoja
11-09-2015, 02:07 PM
And what was your purpose in playing The endless mode in every other anno other than building more of the same stuff? If you ask me or any other person on what to do in endless anno game you'd better go and refund the game, it's not for you no matter how good or bad it is.

The purpose and the joy in Anno 1404 / 2070 endless modes came from the variability of the land you had to work with. Every random map had a selection of islands—some good, some bad, between which you had to pick and choose. For me, part of that was getting the most efficient islands by hook or by crook. The difference now is, not only are all your island selections the same, but the fertilities are also the same.

The other part of navigating those endless games was the creation of your own fleet. Expansion was challenging because you had to have the resources to support a defense fleet and a merchant fleet.

Take those two things away and you have a barebones city builder with heavy-handed resource management.

Another (possibly personal) reason this game fails to impress me is that I appreciate small, efficient systems as opposed to big ones. I'm not entertained by the prospect of filling the map with buildings simply because there is space. If 100,000 population can do the same job as 1,000,000 and the only difference is that you need 10x the farms to feed the bigger population, I'm not inclined to hit that million.

Mr_Muscle
11-09-2015, 02:46 PM
I agree we lack all of the versatility that made Anno 2070 so interesting, you just wrote it like "building more of the same" is something new to Anno series and boring, because it's not. I'm done with The game myself for now, waiting for patch/DLC/whatever. I bugged my game by accident and don't feel like starting new company will be any different atm.

Sonatix
11-09-2015, 03:07 PM
True, i post same here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1290886-Anno-2205-Online-Features/page2
Game looks like early acces on steam with lack of content, and regress after 2070. I completed 2205 for 2 days (batlle part really bad in anno 2205 and i prefered miss it) and now i can only back to Anno 2070 that i bought 4 years go (i can do events, can play multiplayer)>.>

SVK_Jacob
11-09-2015, 03:23 PM
The purpose and the joy in Anno 1404 / 2070 endless modes came from the variability of the land you had to work with. Every random map had a selection of islands—some good, some bad, between which you had to pick and choose. For me, part of that was getting the most efficient islands by hook or by crook. The difference now is, not only are all your island selections the same, but the fertilities are also the same.

The other part of navigating those endless games was the creation of your own fleet. Expansion was challenging because you had to have the resources to support a defense fleet and a merchant fleet.

Take those two things away and you have a barebones city builder with heavy-handed resource management.

Another (possibly personal) reason this game fails to impress me is that I appreciate small, efficient systems as opposed to big ones. I'm not entertained by the prospect of filling the map with buildings simply because there is space. If 100,000 population can do the same job as 1,000,000 and the only difference is that you need 10x the farms to feed the bigger population, I'm not inclined to hit that million.

+1

srixtoja
11-09-2015, 04:33 PM
I agree we lack all of the versatility that made Anno 2070 so interesting, you just wrote it like "building more of the same" is something new to Anno series and boring, because it's not. I'm done with The game myself for now, waiting for patch/DLC/whatever. I bugged my game by accident and don't feel like starting new company will be any different atm.

True. Building more of the same is pretty much a key component of Anno games: to get more money, you have to build more houses. To feed those houses, you have to build more farms. Part of the fun is the challenge of balancing those systems... say, while trying to build a Wonder, while fighting a war.

I find 2205 makes that balance extremely easy. While I love the definite readout of 'you are making a surplus of 2 fish for this map', the darker side to that is the mystery is gone. In removing the uncertainty of supply and demand (not to mention rival AIs, disasters, fires, plagues, etc.) the game has become oversimplified.

ps. I'm not trying to perpetuate an argument here. Mostly I just have this tiny hope that a dev will read this and try to change things for the next installment.