PDA

View Full Version : PC I wil never buy a UBISOFT title again!

Obi_Vinz
11-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Man this really blows!
I loved FC3 and now Farcry 4 really destroys all my admiration of the games and company.
For months I have been trying to fix the autosave problem..it just won't save.
I'm sure it's a cloud thing that doesn't compute!
I reinstalled the game a couple of times, tried it with cloud refresh off.. I played 'new game' so many times i can't stand the intro animation anymore..takes so long before i finally each the moment on which I SHOULD be able to save.
I removed gamesaves..tried differerent drives.. hell I recently switch to Windows10 (not the update but a system fresh install) and It doesn't change anything.
I have been of an on on support (thanks for trying Immanuel) but somehow it seems there is no-one taking care of this product anymore.
A ****ing 70 euros I spent on a title I can't finish anyway.. and I really wanted to play the add-ons :-S

This Blows big time..shame!
Thank god Battlefront is not a Ubi title or i'd have a dilemma:-)

Bye bye Ubicrap

UbiBooma
11-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Hi Obi_Vinz -- sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced. Did you ever submit a ticket to our support team? You can do so by clicking the links in my signature.

Booma

R3b37
11-09-2015, 01:22 PM
70.- Euros? Let me guess; you pre-ordered, right? And even if you didn't, people will just never learn...

michaelggraef
01-29-2016, 04:48 AM
hi obi_vinz -- sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced. Did you ever submit a ticket to our support team? You can do so by clicking the links in my signature.

Booma
**** this company you are joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

BBQigniter
02-07-2016, 07:44 PM
yes, me too - never every ubi again. i opened a ticket about my sound issue (yay, no sound, even with stereo configured) on the 9th January and still even didn't get any reply - not even a: gtfo we will never fix those soundissues. From time to time I updated it and asked for a reply - NOTHING. it's just ridiculous.

best quote i found somewhere on steam:

[...] This is a problem UBI ♥♥♥♥♥ has had in EVERY game they make. 22 AC titles, 14 Splinter cell titles, Watchdogs, you name it. Broken Dolby support since 2002. That's 14 frigging years of NOT FIXING this problem in nearly 40 games ! Un ♥♥♥♥ing believable ! [....]

WID992007
02-07-2016, 07:51 PM
hmm thats funny because dolby is enabled on my laptop and my sound works perfect ..try getting better drivers ?

laptop is a lenovo G505s with a conexant audio chip Dolbly digital shows up as enabled in my sound setting . i'm running Windows 10 64 bit home edition

UbiBooma
02-07-2016, 08:05 PM
yes, me too - never every ubi again. i opened a ticket about my sound issue (yay, no sound, even with stereo configured) on the 9th January and still even didn't get any reply - not even a: gtfo we will never fix those soundissues. From time to time I updated it and asked for a reply - NOTHING. it's just ridiculous.

best quote i found somewhere on steam:

[...] This is a problem UBI ♥♥♥♥♥ has had in EVERY game they make. 22 AC titles, 14 Splinter cell titles, Watchdogs, you name it. Broken Dolby support since 2002. That's 14 frigging years of NOT FIXING this problem in nearly 40 games ! Un ♥♥♥♥ing believable ! [....]

Did you call support on the phone (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/international-support-contacts/kA030000000eiChCAI)too? One great method of trying to resolve your issue to submit a ticket then to call them and let them know what your ticket number is.

BBQigniter
02-07-2016, 08:08 PM
hmm thats funny because dolby is enabled on my laptop and my sound works perfect ..try getting better drivers ?

laptop is a lenovo G505s with a conexant audio chip Dolbly digital shows up as enabled in my sound setting . i'm running Windows 10 64 bit home edition

aah, yes that's a reply I needed "...mimimimi, try getting better drivers....", rly? thx.

<sarcasm>I never ever thought about that, trying to install the newest drivers or changing options, installing patches, etc.</sarcasm>

I tried everything i found, I have dozens of games where i dont have sound issues. :eek: - just watch_dogs and far cry 4 - both ubi titles, both known for having dd/dts problems

i even installed my old asus xonar hdav 1.3 - guess, it tdidn't help

i'm just fed up with ubi - those titles are not that supernew, you find hundreds of threads and posts with the same issues and they never fixed that. and i'm rly fed up that ubi doesn't even reply on a support-ticket for nearly one month. is it really that hard just to write back: sry, for the inconvenience - we do not have a fix yet - our deveolpers are looking into it. (even if it's not true)

WID992007
02-07-2016, 08:11 PM
and yes i just booted my laptop looked in sound settings Dolby digital plus is enabled and my Windows sound settings and FarCry 4 works perfect

you probably have a driver problem .... you should probably contact support by Phone like booma suggests

UbiBooma
02-07-2016, 08:22 PM
BBQ - what's the ticket # from when you did contact support?

BBQigniter
02-07-2016, 08:37 PM
BBQ - what's the ticket # from when you did contact support?

thx for the reply, i sent you a private message.

BBQigniter
02-07-2016, 08:50 PM
and yes i just booted my laptop looked in sound settings Dolby digital plus is enabled and my Windows sound settings and FarCry 4 works perfect

you probably have a driver problem .... you should probably contact support by Phone like booma suggests

and sry, WID992007 - your replies are not very helpfull.

are you using optical out? are you using a surround sound 5.1 home cinema system? do you understand my sarcasm-tagged sentence? no sound issues in any other games (except watch_dogs)

please, just stop replying with posts like that - you can twit someone else with your troll posts.

WID992007
02-07-2016, 09:05 PM
and sry, WID992007 - your replies are not very helpfull.

are you using optical out? are you using a surround sound 5.1 home cinema system? do you understand my sarcasm-tagged sentence? no sound issues in any other games (except watch_dogs)

please, just stop replying with posts like that - you can twit someone else with your troll posts.

hey dum dum i was only pointing out that yes dolby does work for some so its not totally busted and not working .. my try updated drivers?... was a question... not a demand yes i understand there have been many posts about this problem but i also KNOW for a fact it can be fixed many times by UPDATED DRIVERS as i have seen many posts to that effect over the past year

and yes realtek and some other chip makers have released some really really bad drivers .. heck realtek is putting out a new driver every couple of weeks now in an effort to fix long standing problems with windows 10 and even go back as far as win 7 for some of its sound chip sets

don't believe me look at this page ... the thread is 51 pages long http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html

does this problem affect me ? no not in the least i was trying to be nice and answer your post in an effort to try to help you

but like you said i was being a troll? for trying to help .. good luck ........... and get over yourself

fauxtronic
02-18-2016, 03:16 AM
There are even sound issues with the PS4 version. And ain't nobody got drivers for that. ;)

WID992007
02-18-2016, 04:11 AM
dunno i have FarCry 4 on 3 different PC's and never had a single problem with the sound
one uses realtek audio from the motherboard
one uses a conexant audio chip with dolby digital plus
and one uses an Old creative labs soundblaster live 5.1 card

Wrathbonebumble
02-24-2016, 04:25 PM
Hi Obi_Vinz -- sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced. Did you ever submit a ticket to our support team? You can do so by clicking the links in my signature.

Booma
messages lar
With all due respect, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on a response from the support team. I submitted a ticket over a month ago about not being able to even start the game. Now, 8 messages in and still no response.

Very poor :(

cldowlen
10-06-2016, 01:54 PM
I have been playing this game since it came out. It recently crashed and I bought a new copy from steam. I am unable to access either copy. I cant send a message to support either. When I attempt to log in it just spins. This probably isn't the correct place for this message but it's the only place I have been able t access.

WID992007
10-07-2016, 10:41 PM
sounds like ya have a problem with your PC

runs perfect here ..has since the day it shipped

maybe provide more details ???

are you sure some thing you INSTALLED is not the problem ?

i never had to buy a new copy ... got the same one i bought the night the game shipped ?

so sorry yes its YOUR PC