PDA

View Full Version : Cletus Strain

guest-vkm9IeSi
11-05-2015, 06:08 AM
I am doing the Cletus Strain gang war and I will pummel him and get a 20+ combo going, then all of a sudden a cut scence happens where he grunts and all of a sudden I can't counter him. I tried button mashing the counter and it won't work. I tried timing the counter and it won't work. I am getting very frusterated.:mad:

Steelray25
11-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Don't try attacking after your counter. Only hit counter.

If you successfully block all of those attacks, you'll get a good attack of your own. The timing is tricky until you get the hang of it. the game will try to fake you out by his animation looking like he's about to swing. But unless his bar lights up yellow, it's a feint, and hitting counter at the wrong time will cause you to get hit (so mashing doesn't work either).

You'll see that mechanic again in the game. Failing to block everything won't cause you to die usually. But it can really hurt. ;)

kriss3d
11-22-2015, 11:16 PM
Don't try attacking after your counter. Only hit counter.

If you successfully block all of those attacks, you'll get a good attack of your own. The timing is tricky until you get the hang of it. the game will try to fake you out by his animation looking like he's about to swing. But unless his bar lights up yellow, it's a feint, and hitting counter at the wrong time will cause you to get hit (so mashing doesn't work either).

You'll see that mechanic again in the game. Failing to block everything won't cause you to die usually. But it can really hurt. ;)

Trust me. I spent like half an hour doing that one. Im pretty far in the game and at least i can tell you that so far he is the hardest so dont worry.

The trick is actually to keep stacking combos as much as you can and counter when he swings at you. Once it gets to a cutscene like state where he will hit at you like 3-4 times in a row you just counter ( on PC you hit the E button) and dont try to attack. Yes you will take a few hits but it shouldnt kill you. After those 3-4 hits you hopefully can block most of The camera will let you move again and you can keep going. If he starts swinging at you - like a normal fight, you just block and pumln him again. After like 4 small cutscenes where he will do things like making the slit throat sign at you, you will get him. Its a matter of not trying to hit him at all when the camera locks and he starts swinging at you. All you have to do is block. But in between that you just keep hammering him.

lucyfb2015
11-26-2015, 07:52 AM
You can reset your game?

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
cheap bodycon dresses (http://www.dresseslover.com/Bodycon-Dresses-c1398.html)