PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Frye, Shay Patrick and Next AC

crusader_prophet
11-05-2015, 02:27 AM
What is the possibility we will see a Templar trilogy involving more of Shay? Could he possibly be be related to the Frye twins? We do not know much about Shay's later life and UbiSoft is capable of pulling any kind of twist.

DANG IT! I messed up the poll options!

LoyalACFan
11-05-2015, 02:38 AM
Uh... I don't really get what this thread is about TBH. Are you asking whether Jacob is literally a descendant of Shay? If so... erm, well, maybe I guess, but both of the twins' parents were Assassins, so I don't really see why Shay is a likely candidate for their great-granddaddy.

Consus_E
11-05-2015, 02:42 AM
Am I missing something? How are they in anyway related, aside from belonging to clandestine murder cults and wearing a ton of black?

I'd like to see some true Templar gameplay, but I don't think Ubi is capable of delivering a compelling Templar centered game. Rogue was just a re-skinned Assassin game with colonial Templar cameos. An actual Templar game would probably play more like an RTS game rather than an open world, sandbox, stealth game. Besides I don't think I could handle an entire trilogy where I have to make my own luck, I'd much rather have my luck provided for me by the devs in open ended missions with good combat and deeper stealth mechanics.

Namikaze_17
11-05-2015, 02:56 AM
I think the fifth option applies to this thread.

EDIT: But in all seriousness, the closest Jacob has came to looking like Shay was when he was first revealed.

Since then, Jacob's appearance has changed.

crusader_prophet
11-05-2015, 02:56 AM
Uh... I don't really get what this thread is about TBH. Are you asking whether Jacob is literally a descendant of Shay? If so... erm, well, maybe I guess, but both of the twins' parents were Assassins, so I don't really see why Shay is a likely candidate for their great-granddaddy.

I do not have much background on Shay's later life except he killed Arno's dad. I am probably entertaining an absurd theory.

LoyalACFan
11-05-2015, 03:44 AM
I do not have much background on Shay's later life except he killed Arno's dad. I am probably entertaining an absurd theory.

I guess I just don't get why it matters. Why would it be significant that Jacob was related to a random Templar hitman who's probably been dead for half a century? What does it really change? It's not like Jacob gives a s**t about his heritage.

Consus_E
11-05-2015, 04:03 AM
I guess I just don't get why it matters. Why would it be significant that Jacob was related to a random Templar hitman who's probably been dead for half a century? What does it really change? It's not like Jacob gives a s**t about his heritage.

Because Jacob needs to find the source of his luck, he certainly doesn't make his own.

I would rather find out that Shay had a nice ending in which he realized how much of a hypocrite he is and retires to somewhere else, preferable far away from the canon.

VestigialLlama4
11-05-2015, 04:11 AM
Because Jacob needs to find the source of his luck, he certainly doesn't make his own.

Well neither did Shay. That's the joke of ROGUE, Shay is entirely a pinball of fate and chance and yet he acts like he makes his own luck.

LoyalACFan
11-05-2015, 04:12 AM

I would rather find out that Shay had a nice ending in which he realized how much of a hypocrite he is and retires to somewhere else, preferable far away from the canon.

... I still want a Connor/Shay showdown goddammit :nonchalance:

VestigialLlama4
11-05-2015, 04:17 AM

Well what will happen is that Ubisoft will show 70 year old Shay Cormac killing 40-45 year old Connor. Does it make sense? no. Will that stop Ubisoft from doing it? Not in the least.

Namikaze_17
11-05-2015, 04:27 AM
They're both so alike that they would probably hang out before killing one another.

But it's going down once Shay flirts with blonde wife.

I rather have nothing than Connor ending up like Adéwalé.

*Shudders*

LoyalACFan
11-05-2015, 04:42 AM
They're both so alike that they would probably hang out before killing one another.

But it's going down once Shay flirts with blonde wife.

I rather have nothing than Connor ending up like Adéwalé.

*Shudders*

Connor could take Shay though. He's like 20 years younger and built like a freaking tank.

Consus_E
11-05-2015, 04:57 AM
I rather have nothing than Connor ending up like Adéwalé. *Shudders*

Perhaps it could end in a stalemate? Or in the homestead's pub trading Haytham stories

Shay: Oi I'm "Master Kenway" look at me and me big ol' fancy hat, ooh I'm a Templar with -hic- assassin blades -hic- Too bad I couldn't keep the most important -hic- blade in my pants!
Connor: Order this order that! -hic- I am your father of -hic- understanding but only I understand -hic- understanding. Lee -hic- We will bring ORDER to Murica! For the ORDER!
Shay: Shay -hic- would you please be a deer and kill your friends for me? "Right away sir" said Master Cormac the loyal -hic- Templar lapdog. Great now go fetch me my box like a good lad!
Connor: Never you mind why, just do as -hic- I ask! Follow my orders! Do as I say! My hat is a taco! You look like a bloody -hic- potato!
Shay: Connor mate we should just -hic- go, go and start our own order, no hoods, no hats!
Connor: Are you trying to initiate something mister -hic- Partick Cormac?
Shay: That'll be parfect we'll be the Initiates haha! Ah... We won't last a -hic- year!
Connor: Cheers, Captain Morrigan. May my father of understanding guide us
Shay: -hic- Nothing is real only Whiskey is permitted!

Both soon passed out

Namikaze_17
11-05-2015, 05:00 AM
Connor could take Shay though. He's like 20 years younger and built like a freaking tank.

I agree; but knowing Ubi, they'd just give Shay the win - forever scrapping whatever degree of existence they hold towards Connor.

Perhaps it could end in a stalemate? Or in the homestead's pub trading Haytham stories

Shay: Oi I'm "Master Kenway" look at me and me big ol' fancy hat, ooh I'm a Templar with -hic- assassin blades -hic- Too bad I couldn't keep the most important -hic- blade in my pants!
Connor: Order this order that! -hic- I am your father of -hic- understanding but only I understand -hic- understanding. Lee -hic- We will bring ORDER to Murica! For the ORDER!
Shay: Shay -hic- would you please be a deer and kill your friends for me? "Right away sir" said Master Cormac the loyal -hic- Templar lapdog. Great now go fetch me my box like a good lad!
Connor: Never you mind why, just do as -hic- I ask! Follow my orders! Do as I say! My hat is a taco! You look like a bloody -hic- potato!
Shay: Connor mate we should just -hic- go, go and start our own order, no hoods, no hats!
Connor: Are you trying to initiate something mister -hic- Partick Cormac?
Shay: That'll be parfect we'll be the Initiates haha! Ah... We won't last a -hic- year!
Connor: Cheers, Captain Morrigan. May my father of understanding guide us
Shay: -hic- Nothing is real only Whiskey is permitted!

Both soon passed out

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/zach-galifianakis-nodding-gif.png

Consus_E
11-05-2015, 05:06 AM
I agree; but knowing Ubi, they'd just give Shay the win - forever scrapping whatever degree of existence they hold towards Connor.

I don't think Ubi hates Connor so much as AC3 as a game.

Namikaze_17
11-05-2015, 05:32 AM
I don't think Ubi hates Connor so much as AC3 as a game.

Nah, it's Connor; AC3 is a wound, but they acknowledge that wound nonetheless.

With Connor, they're just ashamed that their 'fresh dish' wasn't popular, so they're sticking to the same ol' meal with slightly different ingredients to keep everyone happy instead of trying again and crafting another.

Though I think 'hate' is a strong word.

EDIT: Oh, seems we've gone off-topic. I'll just stop here. :p

cawatrooper9
11-05-2015, 03:49 PM
I mean, I guess it's possible?
It's also possible that Shaun is a decedent from Duccio, I guess, but we have no reason to think that's the case, either.

As for whether or not we'll get a Templar game again: I hope so!

Pr0metheus 1962
11-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Maybe someone has already mentioned it, but two of the poll options are exactly the same.

crusader_prophet
11-06-2015, 12:57 AM
Maybe someone has already mentioned it, but two of the poll options are exactly the same.

Yep I noticed that as soon as I posted it. I didn't see a way to fix it.