PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo, thats it?

Doomkeeper87
11-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Two and a half Days ~20 hrs on Hard Difficulty, and i have finished the Game. Company lvl 63 (while others are in their 40's) Got all Production Chains Complete, 500k Pop, +50k Balance and did all of these Crisis Sectors on the hardest Difficulty. Bought all Sectors and Completed the Arctic Logistics Project and raised the old Arc out of the Water just out of boringness.

And now i am finally able to send Energy through Space and Time and all i have left is to build a completly Cosmetic Company Headquarter for 1M with 30 little cosmetical Attachments 500k each without any Effect whatsoever...It seems that the Devs run out of Ideas for any late Game. Without any Ai it is a ridiculously boring Waste of Time to play any further. I really hope they shell out the Dlc's asap...

Rixxos23
11-04-2015, 10:43 PM
I have to say I kind of agree.

On the one hand I absolutely love the new graphics, on 1440p with high settings it looks jawdroppingly good.
I also love the differences between the regions in building styles, a fantastic addition to the anno series.

But just like you, you hit the end game wall pretty soon, and then there just isn't anything to do.

I'm also kind of dissapointed that citizens in the other regions outside temperate only have two levels instead of 4 like the temperate region, but I'm guessing they held those out on purpose for future DLC/expansions.

This game is brilliant on so many aspects but the end game disappoints.

I hope they bring back sandbox mode or AI in the DLC or future expansions because right now the game is good for one run through and thats it.

Mr_Muscle
11-04-2015, 10:47 PM
I think you can do better than 500k/50k ;p I dare you.

Shumpty
11-04-2015, 10:59 PM

On one of the development videos they shows a city a few times that has 1.5 mil. My goal is 2 mil atm, dunno if it can go past.

SuperPhyper
11-04-2015, 11:07 PM
I think the endgame is a subject to change. However, I am quite done with the game for now too.
All there is left now seems to be optimizing, but no new challenges or rewards are left whatsoever. I really hope they add random events like disasters or the like after the campain, as said campain felt like a prolonged tutorial for the most part. There is so much more potential in the open endgame, as the mechanics are excellent. The thing is that there is no content to put them to the test! An open world can not be static if it aims to be interesting and "alive", it has to change from time to time but there is no randomness left in the game what ultimately is impeding the experiance later on.

-Punker

Doomkeeper87
11-04-2015, 11:19 PM

I obviously could, i only plastered 3 and 1/4 out of 9 Maps but why should i? There is no reward or challenge. The Viridian Cove map is the only one other than the 3 standard maps i got where i build stuff, and it is so freaking huge that you can easily fit 1.5 to 2 Mil on it alone if you feel the urge to kill time after hitting the no-content Endgame Wall...

lord_joshii
11-05-2015, 01:51 AM
... completly Cosmetic Company Headquarter for 1M with 30 little cosmetical Attachments 500k each without any Effect whatsoever...It seems that the Devs run out of Ideas for any late Game.
Completely agree about the headquarter!!!

It looks nice - YES, it should!
It is expensive - YES sure, you should only be able to afford it when you have raised a big company!
Its maintenance costs are horribly high - NO!!! not for just looking good! Maintenance costs are ok, it's a company HQ, but just for looking good and doing nothing?? Really???
It has no effect - NO!!!!! Why the hell has the HQ of a company no effect? There is so much potential!! Give us statistics (primitive ones, like just people and resources in all our sectors; or more complex ones which help us to optimize our trade routes and production chains), give us upgrades (to simple facilities, in the sector where it has been built, in several chosen sectors, ...), let us do research (like new decorations, upgrades for production, facilities, modules (even maybe more modules per facility than default), upgrades for public buildings (give them modules or just lower their maintenance costs/energy consumption) ...). There is so much potential!! Why is it just useless?? That's not the game quality you could have done and have done in the past. Work on it and please, please, please not just in the DLCs. Every person that bought the whole game deserves a useful HQ.

About the lategame: There are still the achievements, but after that.... yes there is really not very much.

Wintermist
11-05-2015, 03:56 AM
I obviously could, i only plastered 3 and 1/4 out of 9 Maps but why should i? There is no reward or challenge. The Viridian Cove map is the only one other than the 3 standard maps i got where i build stuff, and it is so freaking huge that you can easily fit 1.5 to 2 Mil on it alone if you feel the urge to kill time after hitting the no-content Endgame Wall...

No different from the previous games then, is it?

Doomkeeper87
11-05-2015, 10:40 AM
No different from the previous games then, is it?

The Difference is the complete absence of AI Players.

Joseph_SLC
11-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Just curious, is it possible to start a new game. I don't mean just restarting the campaign but with a new level 1 corporation, without things like rare resources from your current game?

Wintermist
11-05-2015, 12:18 PM
The Difference is the complete absence of AI Players.

Don't tell me the AI was so challenging to you that it made your game last you so much longer? There's no endgame to any of the games. Neither of them.

SuperPhyper
11-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Just curious, is it possible to start a new game. I don't mean just restarting the campaign but with a new level 1 corporation, without things like rare resources from your current game?

Yeah, you can start a new corp by pressing esc midplay and select "create new corporation" or something like that. You can switch between them in the Corporation management screen, also accessible via esc-key.

- Punker

flacwby
11-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Yeah, you can start a new corp by pressing esc midplay and select "create new corporation" or something like that. You can switch between them in the Corporation management screen, also accessible via esc-key.

- Punker

Also under settings be sure to uncheck "Tutorial".

Joseph_SLC
11-05-2015, 09:45 PM

- Punker

Cool thx, I might end up picking up the game then.

blackcore29633
11-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Hello,

i agree with the authors statements.

I am somehow disappointed of the endgame content and the fact that this game is a pretty casual one in comparison to "every" other Anno game.
I just bought my HQ and dont know what i can do next.

In my opinion this game really needs:

- a multiplayer (hopefully bigger maps including opponents located there)
- more diversity
- more stages for the people in different regions

In my oppinion the best game was Anno 1404 Venice and this one here is the worst, although it is good.
It's the first anno which is getting boring after just 10-15 hrs gameplay..there are some other goals for me but hey i just bought the most expensive building....in anno 1404 you need at least 30 hrs gameplay to build a cathedral (at normal speed)

Good game but not worth to be named "Anno".

greetings

Wintermist
11-06-2015, 05:26 PM
Just because it has a campaign doesn't mean you can't build on, like you did in the previous Anno. This is no different. Build build build, that's what they are about. In 2070 it didn't take long to have built everything, but you just keep on building. This game has so much more than that. Frankly, 2070 would feel rather dull after this.

blackcore29633
11-06-2015, 05:58 PM
That's true.

But it is, in my opinion, too easy in this game.
In every other Anno Series you have to move your goods to build on a different isle.
You have to "work" to see a big city and growth in general.

The best example is the cathedral in anno 1404 venice. This was a big goal and it was kind of hard to achieve that in comparison to the HQ in this game.

Anno 2205 is a building game for casual players and i wont recommend it to people, which loved Anno1404 Venice for example.
But hey thats my opinion ^^ I am kind of disapptionted and thats because i had a wrong expectation of this game.
It is stillt a good game. It looks good and it is obiously better than the last Sim City but in my opinion it is not good as the older Anno series....i am going to have look at the dlcs and maybe my opinion will change.

Sedyn
11-07-2015, 09:08 PM
11 hours on hard mode to complete the tutorial, and all the Uplay club badges minus the completion of all project sectors, though the ones in the zones I started in are done.

Seems too buggy to try others with all the reports coming in.

230k pop 60k income. HQ has 5 add-ons, and all I can think to do with it is to use it to keep income low so I'm not always at max with nothing to spend it on.

Guess it's time to grind achievements while we wait for DLC?

2070 lasted me WAY longer.

Pretty looking game but a little too simple and a bit too easy. I prefer the longer chains of 2070 vs switching back and forth from zone to zone in 2205 though you get WAY more area, but currently little incentive to use even half of it..

Combat is also too easy. I have 2 veteran ships and 2 elite and was able to completely clear the maps on hardest combat settings.

Rare goods are not nearly rare enough. I'm nearly always at max and wasting them. No point in doing quests when I have 999 of XXX good and don't need money.

I figure what takes about 100+/- hours on 2070 takes about 10 here. I was hoping for 200.

Mr_Muscle
11-07-2015, 09:47 PM
The game gets more interesting later, but all people just give up after story missions and start whining on the forum.

rayzone12
11-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Two and a half Days ~20 hrs on Hard Difficulty, and i have finished the Game. Company lvl 63 (while others are in their 40's) Got all Production Chains Complete, 500k Pop, +50k Balance and did all of these Crisis Sectors on the hardest Difficulty. Bought all Sectors and Completed the Arctic Logistics Project and raised the old Arc out of the Water just out of boringness.

And now i am finally able to send Energy through Space and Time and all i have left is to build a completly Cosmetic Company Headquarter for 1M with 30 little cosmetical Attachments 500k each without any Effect whatsoever...It seems that the Devs run out of Ideas for any late Game. Without any Ai it is a ridiculously boring Waste of Time to play any further. I really hope they shell out the Dlc's asap...

hi am am just not that good as you but i do feel your pain because these games are easy for you, if it was a shooter then 2 days....lol.... but can you help me till i find this myself how and the hell do you make the hydroelectic power plant in wallbruck basin

Cherv-saper
11-27-2015, 10:43 PM
You know, it's first Anno game, which made me bored on a half of tech tree... More building - more industry - more power - more income - more building - ...
It's not a strategy, it's click-hunting game! It's much dumbier than Plants vs Zombies, because you don't need to think - just point and click where it becomes blue, not red... And no zombies or enemies at hand - click anywhere, game will forgive anything. Go to battle, if you wish - loss will cost you nothing, just drink tea and try again. Or do not, battles are just for fun... Eight ships, chosen not by you, are enough, because enemies are dumb.
Cargo routes are completely stupid. If i have shuttles with cargo space of 10, and i need to send 5 of one cargo, and 5 of another to the same place, i will surely USE TWO SHUTTLES!!!
Damn it! There was few good ideas but...
It's not Anno game. This game just looks like Anno game. Good bye, Anno, i'm completely disappointed.