PDA

View Full Version : Heavy RAM usage and low frames

lordpro
11-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Hello,

there are slow downs and frame stutter as soon as i start the game (from the intro)

after playing the game for an hour or so the game slows down and the frame rates drop and i move around.

computer after restart has 18% ram allocated and rest is free.

after playing an hour + ram usage climbs to 80% ( as soon as ram gets to 78% + game slows down and there are stuttering and lag).

looks like Ram leak but i am sure development team will have more to say about that. (this whole message is intended for them to see... hopefully)

hope for a fast resolve.

8gb Ram

GTX 780

bigman9492
11-04-2015, 11:06 PM
I am having the same problem. I'm mostly replying to keep this at the forefront.
I can play for about 20-30 minutes before a framerate drop and slight constant lag. I restart the game, and get an additional 20 with no problem. I also notice that the RAM usage is very high, getting close to 3-3.5gb used.

Some people are suspecting a memory leak somewhere which might explain the fps drop

My specs:
Intel i5 750
Corsair 8gb RAM
EVGA GTX 760

Wintermist
11-05-2015, 04:02 AM
Memory leaks fill up your RAM, and then your Windows Swap File, then it crashes.

This is more like something is eating up the CPU power, like data that should have been flushed still remaining. The problem tends to go away if you restart again. I notice while experimenting a bit that it could end up using 100% of all cores of the CPU.

Memory can fill up, that isn't always an indication that something is wrong, there's no reason to empty the memory until you need to fill it up with something new, this can be so it saves time if it would be that it had to load the same data again.

Rekalty
11-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Yeah, it starts out fine, running mostly smoothly, slowly eats more and more RAM, and framerate starts dropping, after 3-4 it gets pretty bad, and beyond that it's almost unplayable. Smells like a memory leak/badly optimized/coded game to me.

lordpro
11-05-2015, 05:28 PM
something is clearly not working as intended... added another 8GB to my system and it's still eating it all up away.

i wonder what is going on... still no update from developers . (feels like they went on vacation as soon as the game launched)

lordpro
11-05-2015, 09:41 PM
I guess an answer for this issues i am not going to get from the developers so ...

I have Completed the game with all the lags and all the slow downs.(was painful with all the UI glitches and mouse slowdowns etc)

guess i am done with the game, no much of replayability after you complete it :( ...going to play anno 2070. wish every body luck.

Gazer2175
11-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Have noticed the same myself, but because I have 32GB in this system it usually takes a lot longer. It can't be anything related to running out of physical memory and swap file use. If that was the problem then I shouldn't get this problem. The game have never used more than 4-5GB RAM, which is about 15% of my total.
Swapping sectors often seem to cause this to happen sooner.

Crypto.GeniX
11-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Can confirm that swapping sectors accelarates the problem.

Herr_Aurel
11-12-2015, 08:17 AM
Can confirm that swapping sectors accelarates the problem.

yes same here, recognized increased stuttering and fps drops. Seems not to be caused by RAM usage but with increased swapping of sectors.

Intel I7 4790K @ 4,4 GHz
Gigabyte Z97X- Gaming 5
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 2,4 GHz
AMD Radeon R9 390
WIN 10

GamerDad73
11-15-2015, 09:01 PM
My System:
Intel i5-2500K
16 GB RAM
Geforce 970 GTX 4GB
Windows 10 actual
Nvidia 358.91

After about 2 hours stuttering begins, after about 8 to 10 hours System tells me that my memory is almost full and I have to shut down Anno.
This sucks. I know the lacking caused by to many citizens (from 90000 it began), but now we have reached "Not playable anymore!"

Looks to me like a bad tyle of memory management in the game!