PDA

View Full Version : How to expand on moon without getting broke?

HCGxKaLiBeR
11-04-2015, 04:39 AM
Buildings are getting more and more expansive to build and maintenance.

How to balance out my income? Some resources are depended on each location and I don't have the money to further expand.

People are saying this game is dumbed down, but I think not. It needs some trade management on the overview mode. However I just cant figure out how.....

Rekalty
11-04-2015, 05:33 AM
The moon is a massive sink on your money and income, you'll need a huge population in Temperate zones to keep up with the expenses.

Shumpty
11-04-2015, 05:37 AM
Your tundra area is needed to support your artic and moon bases. You are going to want to advance your moon base just until you open up the spaceport to send materials back to advance your main base. If you have 16/20 people in each house with 2/4 needs met as soon as you are 3/4 they all fill to 18 which is nice, and a huge increase in income.
I restarted on hard and am about to make my second foray into space in this game, at about 6 hours in i had 6k income and 500k in bank, took me 5 minutes to be -3k a tick and only had 100k in bank, had to turn everything off and been working on main base, almost ready to go up again with 40,000 population and 18k income a second.
Main thing is to just always keep returning to your main base as arctic and moon both will always be negative income.

HCGxKaLiBeR
11-04-2015, 06:21 AM
I've just finished expanding Temperate zone, got some investors coming now. Huge income bonus. Currently doing 30k+ income
Got my conclusion, Temperate = makes money, Arctic = Intermediate zone for material, Moon = money sink, though necessary for material.

Mr_Muscle
11-04-2015, 07:12 AM
starting moon colony is nothing compared to starting the fusion reactor. You go from +20k to -20 k in a matter of seconds. Just remember not to build to much at once as I did xD, almost killed my game.

King fiShiZ
11-04-2015, 08:08 AM
Have One Earth Map full of Houses that produce $$$, else it isn't possible.

Map 1 Earth: 150.000 Employees -> ~ 200.00 Credits
Moon: -100.000 Credits :p

bigman9492
11-06-2015, 07:22 AM
starting moon colony is nothing compared to starting the fusion reactor. You go from +20k to -20 k in a matter of seconds. Just remember not to build to much at once as I did xD, almost killed my game.

Dont forget to put financial calculators on the fusion reactors (module). Can cut cost of maintaining reactor by 50% if you use 5.

Wintermist
11-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Hehe, first time I setup on the moon... First I ran out of air, then money, then power... Suffice to say those guys didn't make it back home again. That was a lesson learned. Yeah Temperate can make a LOT of money, which will be drained by expanding on the moon's different areas. You pretty much will end up jumping between all areas setting up extensive trade routes to manage manufacturing of goods you need everywhere. How people think this is less deep than previous Anno games is beyond me. The game is massive, and while it's easy to get a good overview of what you need, managing everything still requires proper control and management.

bclarg
11-09-2015, 02:16 AM
Mr. Muscle, how did you save your game? I had over 10,000 in income with about 1,000,000 in the bank. I went to the Moon and am now -2,450 income with bank account dwindling quickly. Is there a way to "turn off the moon" base?

bclarg
11-09-2015, 02:33 AM
bigman, were you able to save your company even though you ran out of money? How did u do that? I just expanded to the Moon and I am watching my 1,000,000 dry up. Down to 25,000. Any help is appreciated.

Mr_Muscle
11-09-2015, 10:47 AM
I didn't ;p I started to shut down everything, got a loan automatically but in the end it was not worth repairing. That was my first play-through, just to learn the game. I made a new company , this time everything went well.

Make much bigger temperate zone population, that's the key. And do not start Fusion reactor project until you really need it - when you can use all of the power it produce, so we're talking 4-10k of energy.

Sonatix
11-09-2015, 03:16 PM
You need the moon only for cheap energy, no need to set settlements here. 2 temperate zones can easily support and moon, and all arctic zones.