PDA

View Full Version : How to setup an energy transfer route

SGAMaddin
11-04-2015, 03:17 AM
I have a question concering the energy transfer between my colonies; I have one arctic, one normal an one lunar colony all with fully upgraded spaceport/lift and it says explicitly on the spaceport that it allows energy transfer routes. My question is: how do I set them up. I have several normal routes with common goods but I can not find an option for the energy transfer. Where can I find it?

Rekalty
11-04-2015, 03:59 AM
Make a trade route, click the lightning/energy icon on the bottom right part of the screen, it's pretty big, can't miss it.

DarkStar_Prime
11-04-2015, 09:40 AM
I have a question concering the energy transfer between my colonies; I have one arctic, one normal an one lunar colony all with fully upgraded spaceport/lift and it says explicitly on the spaceport that it allows energy transfer routes. My question is: how do I set them up. I have several normal routes with common goods but I can not find an option for the energy transfer. Where can I find it?

You first need to upgrade your spaceports (all of them) to maximum to be able to transfer energy to other sectors.

aburja
11-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Ive done all of the above, but I still cant enable energy transfer.

Arboreo
11-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Click on New Route than on the Moon -> Earth done :)
Donīt select any Ressource.

SGAMaddin
11-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Thank you all for your input I figured it out:

Go to the orbital view of your colonies.
Click on the energy botton (lower left corner the lightning symbol.
After this you see the energy output of your colonies and now click on "New route".
Select your point of origin and the destination AND do not select any good.
Chose the amount you want to transfer and confirm it.

For me personaly this routine needs some tweaking, because for me when I open the "New route" dialog from the energy view, there is no good selected but the menue for selecting one opens. It is like you skipped the first part of creating a new route.You can select a good and then you are screwed after this point because you will not get an energy route after this. There should be an option to setup an energy route from the normal route menue (introduce a quasi good "energy" or a seperate tab) or the good selection should not open when you start a route from the energy view.

http://img07.deviantart.net/6702/i/2015/308/d/a/anno2205_2015_11_04_14_28_42_14_by_sga_maddin-d9fhggn.jpg
(This is what opens when I start an energy route (my game is in german))

EDIT: After I build a fusion reactor I have an energy Icon in the good selection tab. Now its easy to find but this Icon was not there before I build my reactor.

NightlinerSGS
11-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Well, you've simply tried it too early. The energy transfer icon unlocks at mission 26, where you actually get the task to create a tranfer route. The way you described how you got an energy tranfer before that sounds more like a bug.

SGAMaddin
11-04-2015, 11:56 PM
Well, you've simply tried it too early. The energy transfer icon unlocks at mission 26, where you actually get the task to create a tranfer route. The way you described how you got an energy tranfer before that sounds more like a bug.

Yeah that is the question: I think the icon should unlock as soon as you have 2 fully upgraded spacelifts. Because the energy transfer is not a feature of the fusion reactor; it is a function of the spacelift. I mean sure to use the transfer to full effekt you need the fusion reactor as massive energy source but for example with some finished dams you can produce quiet a lot of energy even before the reactor.