PDA

View Full Version : Cape Ambar - Getting to the Bottom

Stevo
11-04-2015, 02:40 AM
When doing the first step of the Cape Ambar section mission Getting to The Bottom; you must tow a sensor around to find four Scattered Remains, however the sensor drone does not have its usual directional readings. Instead, it just pulses without any clue no matter where I drag it. I'd also bet the actual remains can't be triggered as I have taken it almost everywhere around the Ark without anything being revealed in the water.

I have tried reloading, re-connecting to the drone, etc and there seams to be no effect.

R37J35t3r
11-18-2015, 03:30 PM
I have this same problem and other then starting a new corp. the only thing I can think of is poking around in the appdata and find the part that will let me change the line to completed to move on to the next step. however I just know I can do that and don't want to break it a few times trying. anyone that actually knows what they are doing like to help since ubi can't fix this currently.

Crypto.GeniX
11-21-2015, 09:53 AM
This issue has been logged already. No reply from developers yet.

Rashkavar
12-12-2015, 07:27 PM
A potential solution, or workaround, at least, developers may want to consider: if the quest were manually cancelled and reinitialized, it may function correctly. Every fix for this error I've seen has involved restarting with a new corporation, but that's not always a reasonable option. (For me, Cape Ambar is the last of the 9 sectors to get the sector quest tended to, I've completed the Lunar Launch Program objectives with a 300k employee civilization on hard, so not really interested in restarting.) Perhaps merely re-initializing the quest would solve the problem.

If it does, it might be easier to program in something to detect the bug and have it restart the quest automatically (while supressing any repeated dialogue). Not an ideal solution, but it seems viable if the source of the bug is proving to be elusive.

Obviously this isn't currently an option for players, as there's currently no option to cancel the sector quests.

(no offense is meant by this suggestion; any programmer at Ubisoft is more skilled than I am - I can't handle much more than a console based productivity applet in Java - it's just an idea that might be worth considering.)

UbiBooma
12-12-2015, 09:52 PM
Thank you for the workaround suggestion, Rashkavar. The developers are looking into the issue.

R37J35t3r
12-18-2015, 02:23 PM
how about just let us delete the drone which starts the quest over respawning drone. Would be nice if hotfix works next time too, over break things to add more things in to be broken without, fixing still broken things :D

UbiBooma
12-18-2015, 10:29 PM
how about just let us delete the drone which starts the quest over respawning drone. Would be nice if hotfix works next time too, over break things to add more things in to be broken without, fixing still broken things :D

If you're running into any issues in relation to the hotfix update please open a ticket with support (SUpport.ubi.com/). Thanks R37J35tr.