PDA

View Full Version : Magician or warrior?/ Маг или воин?

perasperadaster
11-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Hello, folks!

I have a simple and simoultaneously hard question: Which spezialisation is better: Magic or Power?

Let me specify: We are playing hotseat with my friend, he has a power Hero (Dungeon), i have Magic (Haven). We both are at 25 lvl. I mean, Magic sucks!
I was learning light magic, it brings nothing! I believe I cant withstand him when we will battle!
His minotaurs are devastating! What can I do with my spells?

Am I right in a conclusion: WARRIORS ARE BETTER THAN MAGICIANS?
I mean, there is no balance! Please, write your opinions!

Vasily.Tkach
11-03-2015, 12:39 PM
There is some bugs in game now that influence the balance.

In your case try 'Retribution' lvl 3 light spell. (its 50/50 chance with Sun_burst in this case you never lucky)

Valderrama1990
11-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Might is very overpowered compared to magic so far in this game.

perasperadaster
11-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Might is very overpowered compared to magic so far in this game.

I mean it too...Hope they will work on it. What do you mean, will it be ever balanced? How can we influence it? Are they reading this forum?

perasperadaster
11-03-2015, 04:20 PM
There is some bugs in game now that influence the balance.

In your case try 'Retribution' lvl 3 light spell. (its 50/50 chance with Sun_burst in this case you never lucky)

Just tried to play a single scenario on "Hard" mode by taking the same Haven Magic Hero with Dungeon Power Hero as an enemy. Guess what?
Yeah, right! I've sucked on a third week as he came, nothing could help me!

victorash
11-04-2015, 07:04 AM
I consider that might is very good on small maps. On bigger maps magic is good as you have time to learn spells and develop.
Might is good if you have big amount of tropps. Magic is good if you have less troops because here the hero counts. With a magic orientation always hero counts so maybe change hero and magic school orientation? And why did you develop only light magic till level 25? When you play magic you always choose one offesnive school and one support magic school. Light magic is usually the support magic school I take. The damaging school could be Fire or Air or even Water with the right spells. Prime magic is devastating if you have implosion. With Solmyr I could do 60-70% damage from start meaning if he has 100 Minotaurs 70 of them would be already dead from start). With the Grandmaster Prime (when working right) you have the chance to cast a second spell so even more deadly. With magic you also have to be sure to always have full mana so you choose that ability from Death Magic/novice that gets you 20 mana if the hero kills at least one unit with his attack.
So really it will win the player that plays the best, not the player that choose Might and if you think might is overpowered why don't you choose them as a class to develop?
Apart from this I envy you as it seems you AI is smarter than mines - that usually does nothing, sitting near the castle and skipping turns, without even leaving his area of influence.

Here you can find bellow Solmyr's skillwheel as I play it in last game and he's not level cap yet
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r283/victorash82/Solmyrs%20Skillwheel.jpg[/URL]

perasperadaster
11-05-2015, 06:34 AM
To victorash:
I am so gratefull for your brilliant answer, I'm sure it could help me.
The reason I'm so dumb in developing my hero is that it's our first hot seat game and our HMM 7 first game in general. First, you are wondering why is your hero as fast as a turtle, you begin to develop the Exploration, then you are interested in Destiny skills and so on. I believe, the second game will be filled with more "experience"....I was surprised with this AI behaviour on my skirmish map too: He was not interested in my weak hero, he just wanted to have my castle, and headed direct to it!...Unbelievable, but true :nonchalance:

Thank you so much once again!