PDA

View Full Version : Triple Monitor Resolution Menu

grimreefer24601
11-03-2015, 02:45 AM
I was excited to see Anno automatically seem to be working with my 5760x1080 monitor setup. Until I had to confirm my choice of my Corporation. The confirmation screen doesn't show up. The screen dims, but not popup window is visible to interact with. In fact the lady in the background actually criticizes you for taking too long when no conformation window appears. It'd be really annoying if it weren't kind of funny.

This happens also upon trying to quit the game. No popup window. The screen dims and just stalls there.

These problems only occur with my triple monitor resolution 5760x1080, not at regular 1920x1080.

I'll play single monitor for now, but I'm sure other Surround/Eyefinity players would love to see this fixed.

Ploxxy_
11-03-2015, 03:11 AM
having the same problem... just one mess after another with this game so far.

MuzzleflashAU
11-03-2015, 03:49 AM
Ditto... happens on the Exit confirmation dialog too.

Seems to be an issue with the engine and aspect ratios. A partial workaround is to edit the config file %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Anno 2205\config\engine.ini and change the Window > FixedRatio setting to true, although this will move all hud elements to the left monitor.

grimreefer24601
11-03-2015, 05:18 AM
Ditto... happens on the Exit confirmation dialog too.

Seems to be an issue with the engine and aspect ratios. A partial workaround is to edit the config file %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Anno 2205\config\engine.ini and change the Window > FixedRatio setting to true, although this will move all hud elements to the left monitor.

Thanks for the tip. For me left monitor menus seems like a mess. At least for now.

I think it's strange that these popups don't just figure the center of the selected resolution. It's not difficult math.

Fingers crossed Ubisoft will fix such a simple problem.

miazize21
11-03-2015, 04:20 PM
I was excited to see Anno automatically seem to be working with my 5760x1080 monitor setup. Until I had to confirm my choice of my Corporation. The confirmation screen doesn't show up. The screen dims, but not popup window is visible to interact with. In fact the lady in the background actually criticizes you for taking too long when no conformation window appears. It'd be really annoying if it weren't kind of funny.

This happens also upon trying to quit the game. No popup window. The screen dims and just stalls there.

These problems only occur with my triple monitor resolution 5760x1080, not at regular 1920x1080.

I'll play single monitor for now, but I'm sure other Surround/Eyefinity players would love to see this fixed.

Same problem here. but after you started the game and created your corp you can go back to eyefinity. it works fine, but the hud on the right monitor does not work at all. therefore there is no minimap navigation. and other icons on the right monitor.

n_skid11
11-03-2015, 11:58 PM
I can confirm this issue as well, at multi-monitor resolutions any confirmation box that dims the screen (like the exit/quit are you sure dialogue) does not actually render and isn't clickable. Also any UI element on the far right of the screen when in game is unclickable and as such can not be used.

Incidentally has anyone opened a support ticket yet for these issues?