PDA

View Full Version : Jack The Ripper is a [Theory]

RVSage
10-31-2015, 09:16 PM
I hear the main campaign does not feature a Sage,

My theory

In search of a body for Juno, he goes killing women, Does experiments with their bodies, to inspect quality, Before trying to use the shroud to somehow resurrect her.

Plausible?? Since people who played the game have conformed Jacob is not Jack

Hans684
10-31-2015, 09:19 PM
From what I've hear he has connections to the Assassins as well, so he could know it's location.

VestigialLlama4
11-01-2015, 03:47 AM
I hear the main campaign does not feature a Sage,

The

World War I section has Jacob's grand-daughter Lydia Frye meet a Sage

Plausible??

It doesn't matter if it is or isn't. Ubisoft doesn't care about Lore, consistency and story. So whichever way you connect the dots it doesn't matter.

I will say that I think Jack the Ripper will not be fully human. So you can expect some First Civilization schenanigans similar to the Masonic voodoo featured in the comic From Hell.

RVSage
11-01-2015, 07:57 AM
The

World War I section has Jacob's grand-daughter Lydia Frye meet a Sage

It doesn't matter if it is or isn't. Ubisoft doesn't care about Lore, consistency and story. So whichever way you connect the dots it doesn't matter.

I will say that I think Jack the Ripper will not be fully human. So you can expect some First Civilization schenanigans similar to the Masonic voodoo featured in the comic From Hell.

It is time Ubisoft starts caring for consistency don't you think, succeeding in games is one thing, but when it becomes a cross media, product as it is becoming next year (movie + game + comic) it needs to become consistent. Because movies with bad plotlines are hammered these days. With Ubisoft producing the movie and the game, they better fix the continuity, I see Syndicate as the first step towards it. Let's see

Thirsty_panda
11-01-2015, 08:01 AM
The only thing I ever found to be inconsistent in the series was the importance of Altair's map, albeit that seems like it should be a pretty big deal, but honestly, there are several ways you could argue against it being an issue. I don't know, maybe I'm just not very observant. I don't know what your referring to honestly.

RVSage
11-01-2015, 08:12 AM
The only thing I ever found to be inconsistent in the series was the importance of Altair's map, albeit that seems like it should be a pretty big deal, but honestly, there are several ways you could argue against it being an issue. I don't know, maybe I'm just not very observant. I don't know what your referring to honestly.

Inconsistencies there are so many if I start

1. Arno Dorian, for instance the only reason you explored him , was to prevent abstergo from getting their hands on the Sage, (The only thing I got out of that was two templar grand masters were sages, it is never directly implied jacques de molay is one , but we are forced to assume
2. In Black flag, they jump onto sages, they explore observatories they jump sword of eden in unity. I feel like it is a showcase of pieces of eden with no linking purpose (I hear shroud in syndicate is given purpose in modern day which is good)
3. They start showcasing Kohinnor in Brahman, (dubbing it a PoE that can bind all other PoEs), but since then for the last two years it is yet another loose end
4. In Brotherhood Subject 16, talks about desmond's son, But later it is clarified as a confusion from Subject 16's part Now
in syndicate they imply he has a son
5. Galina was not explored till syndicate, no one has an idea who bishop is, No one knows what happened to Jot Soora and all memories he had
6. Shao Jun had the worst expansion to her character in China, basically adding nothing

Long story short

The story has more questions than answers, more draaaaaggggg than intrigue currently and that is my problem. It always feels like they leave loose ends intentionally to continue annualizing, when they can deliver a more crisp and concise story

Thirsty_panda
11-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Okay, but none of those points contradict anything, which is what an inconsistency is. But I'll humor you anyway:

1. Molay being a sage or not really isn't important. The body was burned anyway, so no data to recover. Implying that he was is really good enough given the circumstance.

2. I mean, yeah essentially it is. It was all working towards the goal of Project Pheonix in the end. I think Black Flag accomplished enough by introducing us to the sages and tying back to AC 3. Unity was complete filler, sure, but they were still working towards the same goal. They didn't necessarily have to accomplish their goal. I won't fault anyone for calling Unity a waste of time but, it wasn't inconsistent. And, I actually like how Unity handled the sword by not pretending to make it more important then it should be.

3. It's just something that exists. You could say that all the pieces of eden are loose ends.

4. As we've been discussing, officially not an inconsistency anymore.

5. What so we can't introduce new characters anymore?

6. I know nothing about Shao, but I'm guessing your right. She never screamed important to me though, which is why she was probably relegated to that sidescroller to begin with.

RVSage
11-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Okay, but none of those points contradict anything, which is what an inconsistency is. But I'll humor you anyway:
1. Molay being a sage or not really isn't important. The body was burned anyway, so no data to recover. Implying that he was is really good enough given the circumstance.

2. I mean, yeah essentially it is. It was all working towards the goal of Project Pheonix in the end. I think Black Flag accomplished enough by introducing us to the sages and tying back to AC 3. Unity was complete filler, sure, but they were still working towards the same goal. They didn't necessarily have to accomplish their goal. I won't fault anyone for calling Unity a waste of time but, it wasn't inconsistent. And, I actually like how Unity handled the sword by not pretending to make it more important then it should be.

3. It's just something that exists. You could say that all the pieces of eden are loose ends.

4. As we've been discussing, officially not an inconsistency anymore.

5. What so we can't introduce new characters anymore?
6. I know nothing about Shao, but I'm guessing your right. She never screamed important to me though, which is why she was probably relegated to that sidescroller to begin with.
1. Hmm Guess I agree on that
2,3. I am torn on the use of sword of eden in game. But my point is too many artefacts , being thrown in without a proper plot purpose.
4. It is because, it was declared that what Clay said it in brotherhodd was one of may possibilities, and it was not the case, and now it has been stated to be true. Not that I do not like the idea, it is like inverting what you said before.
5. We can introduce new characters, But we cannot leave too many characters undeveloped . Because the understanding and developing the character is what connects us the story. They are throwing lot of interesting stuff, but most are left undeveloped. And undeveloped plot lines represent inconsistency, because it indicates what was introduced was never used fully

6. Shao may be a minor character, but you can not keep giving every other character in the universe a collateral damage triggering revenge story

Sorrosyss
11-01-2015, 12:49 PM
I had a similar thought, given the blood painting on the walls. I don't think the shroud will come into it though

as it very much appeared to be in the same place in the modern day where the twins left it. Who knows though... I guess there is still the outside possibility that it is Jacob, but I'm thinking not. What I do find interesting is on the ****ens memories you had Spring Heeled Jack who seemed to have Assassin links as well (smoke bombs, leap of faith, parkour), so it may be a continuation of his 'work'.

RA503
11-01-2015, 02:09 PM
From Hell is one of my favorite comic,as wishfull thinking I will like if involve that forgotten time travel piece of eden from the first AC,in the from hell comic Jack's murders cause world war 2,and in the ending he travel back and forward time(sounds crazy but when you read the comic that will makes sence...)

But I think that will evolve the Divine Science book or the Philosofer Stone as they start to close Project Legacy open ends.

I think in the possibility of Jack being Cain,as they start to explore the Glyph open ends as well,and because some legends says that Cain was the First Vampire,as the main game theme is Quest for immortallity like Starrick...

Starrick also already have a bit of Dracula like even doing terrible things he is capable of feel love...