PDA

View Full Version : Hullo Mr. Gatling

DynaRider
10-31-2015, 02:50 AM
I'm really irritated at this task. I've gotten to the end scene and along the way have used my life medicine. I can take out the shooters on the street with the explosive boxes but by the time I try to get the two up a couple of floors on the building I'm about dead. I have no more medicine so duck down until the life meter refills. As soon as it fills and I raise back up it's like one shot and I'm dead. I don't even have a chance to get off a shot with the Gatling gun. I don't know if this is a game glitch or not but I don't think I should die that quickly with a full life meter. I've tried several times and the same thing happens every time. Seems like I'm in an impossible situation and I really hate to start the whole thing over. Aiming is difficult and sometimes the cross hair icon moves on it's own away from what I'm trying to shoot. Tried different controller with same result. PS4. :mad:

BananaBlighter
10-31-2015, 10:59 PM
I guess levelling up and increasing health is the only way. I played the mission at a level a lot higher than what was recommended so while I was shot plenty, I never had any problems with dying.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-07-2015, 02:37 PM
The "Don't take any damage" 100% mission requirement on this one is incredibly frustrating. I like to get 100% on AC games because usually they're not that difficult, but this one is just bogus. At a certain point, 3 or 4 enemies appear in different places and all start shooting very soon after they appear and at about the same time, so there's little chance of getting even one or two of them without opening yourself up to shots from the others.

And I wouldn't mind so much if the loading times were shorter, but it's extra frustrating when you have to wait nearly a minute to try again.

I must have tried this mission 20 or 30 times so far. It's like Ubisoft has brought back the endless frustration of Den Defense from Revelations (only worse) - why on Earth did they think THAT was worth revisiting?

Tyrhydion
11-08-2015, 03:04 PM
I hate the 100% objective. After I have ducked I am totally desoriented and am not able to aim at the next target before someone hits me.

But as Ubisoft loves to listen to their "fans" so much, they had to do something like this again like they always to in every other AC game. They know that we hate to waste our times with objectives in poorly done levels, so they keep doing do it for their lolz.

SofaJockey
11-09-2015, 01:09 AM
I got the 100% on the mission but it wasn't easy.

This is my solution, perhaps others will have easier ones.

First - the shooters don't arrive randomly, they come in waves, learn to deal with each wave.

First wave you get some guys running down the bank from the right, take them out as soon as they appear because if they have time to stop, aim and start shooting you are toast.
Once they are down another guy comes from the left - deal with them..

Then you will get two more on the centre ground, but two others on the roof are most dangerous, so pop the head of the sniper on the right hand roof first, then the other.
I ducked then because I couldn't guarantee taking out the others without getting hit.

Aiming my gun while still in cover, I'd wait till my cover was hit before bobbing out shooting one and bobbing back down.

The next wave was similar if I recall.

When there is a huge rush to attack you actually don't have to do anything as your train starts to move.
So just keep your head down and eventually the train will be moving fast enough for you to get the 100% sync by not having got shot.

The rest of the mission is much easier, ...

mack1956
01-24-2016, 09:05 PM
Keep replaying the first sequence until the train starts moving. Duck, use explosives, hit targets as they are 1st entering. When you get through that first time play till the end. For the progress tracker remembers you've won that first part. You can get hit in the replay it doesn't matter as long as you uncouple the 5 carriages and play till the end you'll get 100%.

JohnConnor2012
02-18-2016, 10:46 PM
SofaJockey's advice is very good. One other trick that'll help though - play it using Eagle vision throughout, which will give you advanced warning of incoming waves and you can shoot them before they shoot you, especially most dangerous rooftop snipers.

CraigFor
04-10-2016, 04:26 AM
Keep replaying the first sequence until the train starts moving. Duck, use explosives, hit targets as they are 1st entering. When you get through that first time play till the end. For the progress tracker remembers you've won that first part. You can get hit in the replay it doesn't matter as long as you uncouple the 5 carriages and play till the end you'll get 100%.

I agree. You need to just practice this mission a few times if you're not a great shot. I probably restarted the first part 10-15 times before I finally finished without taking any damage. I didn't realize how close I was several times - I probably had 2-3 guys left in order to complete this part of the mission at least five of the times I failed. Once you know the pattern of where each enemy or set of enemies will be, you should aim your gun right where they run out of of cover for very quick kills. Do this with all of them and like the other commenter said, take down those roof-top snipers quickly. Know what order they appear in so that you can take the first one out first, the second one out second, and so on. When I finally managed to finish without any damage, I hadn't taken cover at all because I was able to gun them down in the order in which they appeared - it kept me from getting overwhelmed. Definitely use Eagle Eye the entire time. Also, while zooming in is good most of the time while shooting, you need to let go of the zoom (left trigger on Xbox One) when swinging the gun from one side to the other - otherwise the gun moves too slowly. This is especially true when moving from one side of the screen on the ground to the rooftop on the other side to hit a sniper.

It was by far the hardest mission I've played in AC Syndicate (so far), but I'm used to some extremely difficult missions from previous AC games. I know there was at least one mission where getting the optional objectives took me at least 35 attempts - I think it was in AC III. And I seem to recall at least one or two AC Black Flag missions that were incredibly difficult. Ten to fifteen restarts is no big deal, and shooting the Gatling gun is fun. I gave the mission five stars.

There's no magic bullet to completing this mission (pun intended), but I hope this helps.