PDA

View Full Version : They really missed a chance for free easy side quests from George Westhouse!

flavorcountry19
10-29-2015, 10:51 PM
Don't recognize the name? why should you he was only in the game for about 5 seconds! he was the assassin at the beginning of the game with Jacob and Evie! But they could have done a whole arc or at least side quests very easily with him and the order of the assassins!

and used him to explain the past and background stuff on the twins! it says in his bio that he worked with their father and mother on contracts and adventures and stuff! and then kinda took over the twins as their senior and higher ranking officer!

And he had a frickin bad *** looking suit too! just my thought on a missed opportunity from ubi

flavorcountry19
10-30-2015, 05:48 AM
haha no one else thinks this? or would have liked to have seen some development from this guy?

flavorcountry19
10-30-2015, 05:52 PM
Guess not! alrighty then!

RzaRecta357
10-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Hmmm I assumed he'd appear later on in the story. Disappoint!

AnonSeaCaptain
11-12-2015, 03:15 AM
I actually hope they release his outfit for Jacob in a future update, similar to the thing they did with Arno and his fearless outfit.

prince162010
11-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Close this thread please, already existed here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1322414-They-really-missed-a-chance-for-free-easy-side-quests-from-George-Westhouse!(SPOILER)

flavorcountry19
11-13-2015, 06:06 AM
Close this thread please, already existed here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1322414-They-really-missed-a-chance-for-free-easy-side-quests-from-George-Westhouse!(SPOILER)

you can go close your topic cause this one was made first.

bitebug2003
11-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Other topic closed.

As you were.

RA503
11-13-2015, 04:36 PM
I don't read the novel only the sample chapter and sounds like he will have some sort of a role,maybe he is a book relevance cameo like Reginald Birch..

ModernWaffle
11-14-2015, 01:06 AM
Forget about screen time / side quests actually, I would've preferred him as the male protagonist over Jacob :p

W-Munny66
11-14-2015, 02:24 AM
Forget about screen time / side quests actually, I would've preferred him as the male protagonist over Jacob :p

I think he was supposed to be the protagonist if you look at my post about his outfit, http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1326351-So-whatever-happened-to-this-outfit

in the leaked screenshots from last year, that is clearly him in a better looking outfit than jacob wears all game....

ModernWaffle
11-14-2015, 12:48 PM
I think he was supposed to be the protagonist if you look at my post about his outfit, http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1326351-So-whatever-happened-to-this-outfit

in the leaked screenshots from last year, that is clearly him in a better looking outfit than jacob wears all game....

Maybe his outfit was originally meant for Jacob but I wouldn't go as far to say that George was supposed to be the main character.

I just proposed that he would better fit the role since he seemed to be more experienced, tactical and loyal to the creed, at least from the few seconds we got of him. Jacob is way too similar to Arno. I mean they're both young and brash, question the creed, use sarcasm, have problems related to their respective dads etc. Even Shay fits this description to a degree (at least the first two points) but at least he was more interesting in that he had a clear moral center and genuinely wanted to aid less fortunate people. Therefore I don't understand why they created Jacob the way they did, at least he had a firm persona and got things done as well as having some charming wit - having Evie for sibling banter also made his character more likable. Shame same couldn't be said for Arno :p

Farlander1991
11-14-2015, 01:42 PM
The biggest issue with George I think is that it feels that his appearance in the beginning sets up for something but it doesn't amount to anything but a small mention in the end.

I mean, the twins against his and the Council wishes went to London, there's a scene with Henry where he says 'It's good that Council has finally seen reason and sent you' and Jacob was like 'yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah' which looks like a foreshadowing to something.... and nothing. There's absolutely no consequences.

jellejackhammer
11-14-2015, 02:07 PM
why do i get the feeling that we will see more of him in one of the dlc's ?

he just can't be thrown away like that can he? he even got a full database entry,would be a wastefull filler if he's not heard or seen from again

BananaBlighter
11-14-2015, 02:16 PM

he just can't be thrown away like that can he? he even got a full database entry,would be a wastefull filler if he's not heard or seen from again

I was just thinking this too before I read your post. We'll see.

ERICATHERINE
11-14-2015, 03:21 PM

What about her (0:44 to 1:27).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB1TAbhmuO8
We see her that time, then another one that is nearly as short and basta and she even got an entry in the database too. So, maybe George W will be in the same case. As for the Jack the ripper dlc, I would way more see the return of Artur Conan Doyle. ^-^

Farlander1991
11-14-2015, 03:34 PM
What about her (0:44 to 1:27).

We see her that time, then another one that is nearly as short and basta and she even got an entry in the database too. So, maybe George W will be in the same case. As for the Jack the ripper dlc, I would way more see the return of Artur Conan Doyle. ^-^

There's actually quite a lot of one-off entries in the databases over the games.

Heck, AC3 has got a whole database entry for John Hancock who doesn't have a single line in the game, is briefly seen only once (when he is introduced), and mentioned one or two times. George in comparison to that has a lot more screen time :p

ERICATHERINE
11-15-2015, 04:40 AM
There's actually quite a lot of one-off entries in the databases over the games.

Heck, AC3 has got a whole database entry for John Hancock who doesn't have a single line in the game, is briefly seen only once (when he is introduced), and mentioned one or two times. George in comparison to that has a lot more screen time :p

Who knows. Maybe we will see him in a futur game like it was the case with Abbas. We saw him for a shorter time in ac 1 than George in ac s and then we saw him for many missions in ac revelations. So, maybe we will see George in a future game and/or dlc, but I doubt he will be Jack the ripper. ^-^

I-Like-Pie45
11-15-2015, 04:44 AM

John Handcock had to have a database entry, since he was the guy who signed his name biggest on the Declaration do you think he would've taken it lightly if Ubisoft neglected him in their database. No, he would've crawled back from his grave driven solely by his FOUNDING FATHER FURY and annexed France and Canada singlehandedly for America and make Ubisoft remake their games the Handcock way whereas that pansy George Washington would just let himself get beat up by woman and cry about it if it happened to him.

BTW, Handcock does have ONE line and is seen again in the game, both at the Declaration scene. His selfish and egotistical hoarding of the parchment's space is probably the only reason why Connor's name wasn't on the paper.

Speaking of historical figures in AC3, though I think it would've been a bad idea to try and make Ben Franklin a Leonardo type char for Connor but they should've at least had a scene where the poor guy got his Almanacs returned. He put his trust in Haytham to retrieve those pages, and that rat never did even when Ben Franklin shared with him such confidential and private informations like the values of older women in their two talks together, and then his bastard son stole those pages! Where did Connor even learn about the Almanacs, for that matter.

VestigialLlama4
11-15-2015, 06:03 AM

AC2 also did that, you have a database for Polizei the NPC who lets Lorenzo de'Medici back in after the Pazzi attack, you also have one for the tour guide who introduces Venice to Leonardo and Ezio and of course databases for Caterina Sforza's two children.

Weirdly none for Savonarola's 9 Lieutenants who all get whiteroom conversations and unique dialogue as well.

ERICATHERINE
11-15-2015, 03:22 PM
they should've at least had a scene where the poor guy got his Almanacs returned. He put his trust in Haytham to retrieve those pages, and that rat never did even when Ben Franklin shared with him such confidential and private informations like the values of older women in their two talks together, and then his bastard son stole those pages! Where did Connor even learn about the Almanacs, for that matter.

Lol. I think I know this part of the game better then you do. Haytam can only complete the very first halmanac. Then, after doing so, if he return to talk to Ben, there will be another talk between the two of them, where he give back the completed almanac to Franklin and where Ben give Haytam 500 of the money of that time (I think it's called écus, in french, but I don't remember in english). I'll try to find a video of that conversation, for you. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
11-15-2015, 03:49 PM
Between 5:40 and 6:20. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDVMy1eNYpM

AdrianJacek
11-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Between 5:40 and 6:20. ;-)

Whaaaaat!? I never knew that! Bloody hell! I gotta try that out the next time I replay the game!
Despite being an avid fan who replays ACs all the time it seems I always miss out on those awesome little things (like the Auditore family ghosts in Bonfire of the Vanities, easter egg items in present day Monteriggioni in ACB, that extra cutscene with Sofia after collecting all the books in ACR and this scene with Franklin.)
----------------------------------------
"Where did Connor even learn about the Almanacs, for that matter."
Eh, it's just video game logic. If a character sees a collectible, he/she grabs it. You could ask a similar question about collectibles in AC4 etc. Where did Edward learn about the manuscript or the shanties anyways? Nowhere, he just found them and grabbed them because they were cool. :D

ERICATHERINE
11-15-2015, 07:00 PM
Whaaaaat!? I never knew that! Bloody hell! I gotta try that out the next time I replay the game!
Despite being an avid fan who replays ACs all the time it seems I always miss out on those awesome little things (like the Auditore family ghosts in Bonfire of the Vanities, easter egg items in present day Monteriggioni in ACB, that extra cutscene with Sofia after collecting all the books in ACR and this scene with Franklin.)
----------------------------------------
"Where did Connor even learn about the Almanacs, for that matter."
Eh, it's just video game logic. If a character sees a collectible, he/she grabs it. You could ask a similar question about collectibles in AC4 etc. Where did Edward learn about the manuscript or the shanties anyways? Nowhere, he just found them and grabbed them because they were cool. :D

Did you know that between the times where Desmond kill Daniel Cross in ac iii and Desmond kill Warren Vidic, you can use Daniels gun? It one shot kill every guards. You didn't mention that in your list so I thought you didn't know. ^-^

AdrianJacek
11-15-2015, 07:28 PM
Did you know that between the times where Desmond kill Daniel Cross in ac iii and Desmond kill Warren Vidic, you can use Daniels gun? It one shot kill every guards. You didn't mention that in your list so I thought you didn't know. ^-^
Yeah, I figured that out during my first playthrough 3 years ago, actually. :D
Speaking of AC3 present day, there's a great hidden Daniel Cross dialogue in Brazil. If you let Daniel run away and defeat all the Abstergo goons before going to that little garden area and hide in a bush you can eavesdrop on Daniel's phone call with Vidic. Even Kenya and Dr. Sung get mentioned (albeit the latter one indirectly, only as "she"). It really feels like the right way of doing that mission. I bet if present day missions had optional objectives, eavesdropping on Daniel would be one of them.
---
And there's of course the "hidden" (aka bugged and never fixed in any way, sadly) music during the final mission in AC2. These tracks were meant to play in the Vault (while entering and fighting Rodrigo) but if you have 100% notoriety you won't hear them. A shame, since, IMO, they're fantastic. The first one was even remixed in ACB and used as the Apple Chamber track (ending sequence).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx9Q3PtTRrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRjwpqRUQE
Seriously - slowly entering the Vault while that track plays... Chilling.

ERICATHERINE
11-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I figured that out during my first playthrough 3 years ago, actually. :D
Speaking of AC3 present day, there's a great hidden Daniel Cross dialogue in Brazil. If you let Daniel run away and defeat all the Abstergo goons before going to that little garden area and hide in a bush you can eavesdrop on Daniel's phone call with Vidic. Even Kenya and Dr. Sung get mentioned (albeit the latter one indirectly, only as "she"). It really feels like the right way of doing that mission. I bet if present day missions had optional objectives, eavesdropping on Daniel would be one of them.
---
And there's of course the "hidden" (aka bugged and never fixed in any way, sadly) music during the final mission in AC2. These tracks were meant to play in the Vault (while entering and fighting Rodrigo) but if you have 100% notoriety you won't hear them. A shame, since, IMO, they're fantastic. The first one was even remixed in ACB and used as the Apple Chamber track (ending sequence).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx9Q3PtTRrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRjwpqRUQE
Seriously - slowly entering the Vault while that track plays... Chilling.

The 2nd music is the best of all the ac games for me. Speaking of ac ii, did you see the Kraken?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOiBZy1ta0

^-^

AdrianJacek
11-15-2015, 08:01 PM
The 2nd music is the best of all the ac games for me. Speaking of ac ii, did you see the Kraken?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOiBZy1ta0

^-^
Ugh, for some reason the Kraken never worked for me. Maybe I was doing something wrong but I could never trigger it.
The Kraken in AC4 was really nice as well.
----
Oh, and about the Westhouse thing (which is the whole point of this thread, lol)
Personally, I thought he would appear again much later in the story when he finally figured out that the twins went to London and tracked them down. After some arguing he would actually help them in the end. Alas, that never happened.

ERICATHERINE
11-15-2015, 11:34 PM
Ugh, for some reason the Kraken never worked for me. Maybe I was doing something wrong but I could never trigger it.
The Kraken in AC4 was really nice as well.
----
Oh, and about the Westhouse thing (which is the whole point of this thread, lol)
Personally, I thought he would appear again much later in the story when he finally figured out that the twins went to London and tracked them down. After some arguing he would actually help them in the end. Alas, that never happened.

But it may happen. I don't think he will be Jack the ripper, but he still may be in this dlc. Also, he could very well be in the last mahraja dlc. ^-^

LoyalACFan
11-16-2015, 09:03 AM
I think he kinda screams "cut content" TBH. I mean, he's a relatively detailed NPC model, for one thing, and to see him show up so briefly and then immediately disappear forever seems a bit off considering that the twins essentially left him high and dry by abandoning him in Croydon. Seems like that's something that should have been brought up again.

Or (conspiracy time) his character model was originally intended for Samuel Fey, the rumored "middle-aged family man" who was rumored to be the protagonist of "AC Victory" :p

ERICATHERINE
11-16-2015, 06:23 PM
I have a theory of what could happen at the end of the last mahraja dlc, if it's taking place after the event of the main story :

As Evie and Jacob meet Henrie in a train station, waiting for their train to come, George appears from a shadow and go directly to the group.

-First of all, I must say you have imprest the council with how fast you conquered London, and me too. Even if I must say I was angered at the start of your "adventures" in London. Secondly, I must also tell you a message from the council. You should head to this destination.

George give a piece of paper to Jacob.

-You two have to be there in a week. George

-For Evie, that's not possible. As for Jacob the two of us would apreciate it if he could be here in the week you want him to be there. Henry

-Wait just a minute. You're trying to tell me that ... George

-Yes. Henry asked me. Evie

-Wow. That's a fantastic news. In that case, I'll ask the council if you could stay in England for another problem we have.

- What is it?

-One of our "Assassin" as been killing innocent women for no apparent reason. We would appreciate it if you could put a stop to it. After you two get married of course. As for Jacob, I'll ask them for a little delay for him to be there for your day. After that I'll ask for him to return here, at London.

-Well, I wish you luck for your task sis. Jacob

-Thanks. Me too.

After Evie get married, Jacob go to a place we don't know about where he will encounter his wife who will be the grandmother of the girl we control in world war one. He then return to London with her and years after that, Jacob and Evie will train the grandaughter of Jacob.

The reasons for Jacob departing London would be because I don't think he will be in the Jack the ripper dlc, except maybe in the end and for him to be in a futur game (maybe next time like maybe much later). What do you think about it? That way at least George would be a little more in the game. ^-^

flavorcountry19
11-16-2015, 07:44 PM
I have a theory of what could happen at the end of the last mahraja dlc, if it's taking place after the event of the main story :

As Evie and Jacob meet Henrie in a train station, waiting for their train to come, George appears from a shadow and go directly to the group.

-First of all, I must say you have imprest the council with how fast you conquered London, and me too. Even if I must say I was angered at the start of your "adventures" in London. Secondly, I must also tell you a message from the council. You should head to this destination.

George give a piece of paper to Jacob.

-You two have to be there in a week. George

-For Evie, that's not possible. As for Jacob the two of us would apreciate it if he could be here in the week you want him to be there. Henry

-Wait just a minute. You're trying to tell me that ... George

-Yes. Henry asked me. Evie

-Wow. That's a fantastic news. In that case, I'll ask the council if you could stay in England for another problem we have.

- What is it?

-One of our "Assassin" as been killing innocent women for no apparent reason. We would appreciate it if you could put a stop to it. After you two get married of course. As for Jacob, I'll ask them for a little delay for him to be there for your day. After that I'll ask for him to return here, at London.

-Well, I wish you luck for your task sis. Jacob

-Thanks. Me too.

After Evie get married, Jacob go to a place we don't know about where he will encounter his wife who will be the grandmother of the girl we control in world war one. He then return to London with her and years after that, Jacob and Evie will train the grandaughter of Jacob.

The reasons for Jacob departing London would be because I don't think he will be in the Jack the ripper dlc, except maybe in the end and for him to be in a futur game (maybe next time like maybe much later). What do you think about it? That way at least George would be a little more in the game. ^-^

Interesting but do remember the jack DLC takes place 20 years after this game ends!

ERICATHERINE
11-17-2015, 12:26 AM
Interesting but do remember the jack DLC takes place 20 years after this game ends!

Yes I know. That's why for it to work the story of the last mahraja should take place somewhere between the end of the main game and the start of Jack the ripper. ^-^

Namikaze_17
11-17-2015, 03:01 AM
Or (conspiracy time) his character model was originally intended for Samuel Fey, the rumored "middle-aged family man" who was rumored to be the protagonist of "AC Victory" :p

Don't play with my emotions.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/da/c1/88/dac188a9d63804a2c65a62bae20247cb.jpg

jellejackhammer
11-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Don't play with my emotions.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/da/c1/88/dac188a9d63804a2c65a62bae20247cb.jpg
It's crazy how leaks that seem very accurate,can alter so much things in the actuall game itself

LoyalACFan
11-17-2015, 06:00 PM
It's crazy how leaks that seem very accurate,can alter so much things in the actuall game itself

Just FYI, I'm totally being facetious. There never was a Samuel Fey (or at least, he was no longer part of the game plan as of the "leak"). They didn't completely redo the story, protagonists, and gang mechanic in the 5 months between the "leak" and the first gameplay.

I-Like-Pie45
11-17-2015, 06:55 PM
Just FYI, I'm totally being facetious. There never was a Samuel Fey (or at least, he was no longer part of the game plan as of the "leak"). They didn't completely redo the story, protagonists, and gang mechanic in the 5 months between the "leak" and the first gameplay.

actually its very possible thats just what ubi did

why do you think there are only 9 sequences instead of 12 or 13, hmm