PDA

View Full Version : Sandor Kittens OTK

Toe.Salesman
10-29-2015, 06:10 AM
Now I know the meta for most of you is full of bug abusers and the game is going down yadda yadda. I know. I've played this game since its release and have spent lots of money on it and now partially regret that decision. But aside from that, for those who CAN play with all the bugs and those hotdogs at BB, I've made my own version of Kitten Warrior OTK for standard. Also I am very bad ELO but who cares. Here is the decklist:

http://www.mmdoctools.com/replay/2488-sandor-takana-osore.en.html

Hero
1x Sandor
Events
4x Week of Knowledge
4x Night of the Rising Moon
Creatures (15)
4x Kitten Warrior
3x Moon Phoenix
4x Lesser Light Elemental
4x War Oliphant
Spells (22)
4x Stone Shield
4x Insect Swarm
2x Fire Blast
4x Forked Firebolt
2x Alone in the Dark
2x Soulreaver
4x Arkath's Wrath
Fortunes (13)
1x Broken Bridge
4x Campfire
4x Golden Horseshoe
4x Strength In Unity

This deck is amusing to play. It is not the greatest OTK deck on the market nor is it 75% win rate. But let me tell you it is extremely satisfying to get a win with this deck. Let me go over the uses of some of the cards.

CARD USES
Kitten Warrior
Your furry, cat-sodomizing goblin warmachine. Four of these in your hand is surely your opponent's demise. It has Quick Attack so the attack has to be planned carefully.

Moon Phoenix
This undying abhorrence of a bird will never leave your battlefield come turn 6, and can sneak in creature damage where your spells cannot. O.K. for hero damage, too.

Lesser Light Elemental, War Oliphant
Two of your most essential early- to late-game blockers. The former offering Preemptive Strike for your opponent's early weaklings, the latter being an enormous hunk of elephant flesh. Use these when you do not have 1-for-1 removal or just need to block a row.

Stone Shield
Probably the most essential spell in your book of the arcane. It is best used mid- to late-game when you need to avoid that last bit of damage to your hero. Works well when you do not have removal available and your opponent has a full board. It's a big, stone shield. Big and stony.

Insect Swarm, Arkath's Wrath
Your mass removal spells. Not much to say about them. They are most potent when used at the best time. You love it, enemies hate it. Play both in succession to buzz their minions' faces off and spitroast them afterward.

Fire Blast, Alone in the Dark
Indirect damage and indirect single removal, the latter great against enemies using Path of the Ancestors (why the spaghetti BB would bring back PotA to STD I don't even know). Fire blast can be replaced with Landslide if you wish, but I prefer line damage myself.

Forked Firebolt
Dual targets, dual fireballs, double the fun! No, seriously: these are great early game removal. Soulreaving a Ghost Dragon? 4 Resources. Splattering two ghouls with one spell? Priceless.

Broken Bridge
Only one in this deck for those moments you just can't willy yourself out of a fudgepacked row of big, beefy, bodybuilding Titans.

Campfire, Golden Horseshoe
Four of each. No question. Your draw power lies in these two. The fate of your match lies in your HAND. To DRAW or not to... DRAW. Dooooo not forgeeeeettt...

Strength In Unity
This is what wins you the game! You cannot win without these! I will go over in the next section the requirements to win.

WIN CONDITION, WHAT REQS MUST BE MET

To win the game you simply need to have all melee positions open, your opponent's board empty in certain rows, and most of the combo pieces in your hand! Simple, right?! Yeah...Honestly, it takes some explaining. But no fear, I am here. To explain, that is.

Example 1
Say your hand consists of: 4x Kitten Warrior and 3x Strength In Unity. This is perfect, it gives your kittens +9 to their attack each, bringing them to 10. This means you only need TWO rows open to kill your opponent outright. As this all needs to occur in one turn, you need at least 13 resources. Optimally, this is the hand you want to have.

Simply deploy 4 Kitten Warriors on each melee spot (4 Resources)
[ ] [K] [X][X] T
Y [ ] [K] [X][X] H
O [ ] [K] [ ][ ] E
U [ ] [K] [ ][ ] M

Play 3x Strength In Unity (9 Resources)
[ ] [K] [X][X] T
Y [ ] [K] [X][X] H
O [ ] [K] [ ][ ] E
U [ ] [K] [ ][ ] M

Each kitten gains +9 for the 3 other kittens on board
[ ] [K] [X][X] T
Y [ ] [K] [X][X] H
O [ ] [K] [ ][ ] E
U [ ] [K] [ ][ ] M

Attack with two kittens for 20 (10 + 10) damage
[ ] [K] [X][X] T
Y [ ] [K] [X][X] H
O [ ] [K] [ ][ ] E
U [ ] [K] [ ][ ] M
K - Kitten Warrior
X - Opponent creatures

Example 2
Say your hand consists of: 3x Kitten Warrior and 3x Strength In Unity. This works differently than Example 1 as you will need THREE rows to destroy your opponent (assuming they're at 20). This means you'll probably be late game, and have to remove the opponent's board during the same turn you deploy the kittens. This will cost you at least 17 resources (if using Arkath's Wrath to clear the board).

Use Arkath's Wrath, clearing all (or most) creatures (5 Resources)
[ ] [ ] [X][ ] T
Y [ ] [ ] [X][ ] H
O [ ] [ ] [X][X] E
U [ ] [ ] [X][ ] M

3 rows open, Deploy 3 kittens (3 Resources)
[ ] [K] [ ][ ] T
Y [ ] [K] [ ][ ] H
O [ ] [ ] [ ][X] E
U [ ] [K] [ ][ ] M

Play Strength In Unity 3 times (9 Resources)
[ ] [K] [ ][ ] T
Y [ ] [K] [ ][ ] H
O [ ] [ ] [ ][X] E
U [ ] [K] [ ][ ] M

Each kitten gains +6 for the other 2 kittens on board
[ ] [K] [ ][ ] T
Y [ ] [K] [ ][ ] H
O [ ] [ ] [ ][X] E
U [ ] [K] [ ][ ] M

Attack with 3 kittens for 21 damage (7 + 7 + 7)
[ ] [K] [ ][ ] T
Y [ ] [K] [ ][ ] H
O [ ] [ ] [ ][X] E
U [ ] [K] [ ][ ] M

See? It's fun! When it works. Give it a go, it'll be a blast.