PDA

View Full Version : Rank the main antagonists

dimbismp
10-27-2015, 08:25 PM
The criteria should be how much you liked them,and not,for example,how much morally grey they were.Here's my list:

Haytham
Cesare
Torres
Black Bart
Starrick
Rodrigo Borgia
Al Mualim
Germain
Ahmet
Charles Lee

VestigialLlama4
10-27-2015, 08:33 PM
I actually like some of the bad guys not on your list:

1) Black Bart

2) Girolamo Savonarola

3) King Washington (a major influence on Starrick)

4) Al Mualim - "I stood before a 1000 men, all of them better than you, all of them dead...by my hand."

5) Crawford Starrick

6) Rodrigo Borgia

In general non-Templars make for more interesting bad guys than actual templars.

Journey93
10-27-2015, 08:35 PM
My ranking would be:

Haytham
Al Mualim
Cesare
Torres
Rodrigo Borgia
Black Bart
Charles Lee
Starrick
Germain

I really liked Haytham (one of my favourite characters of the series), Al Mualim was great too. Cesare was just crazy but had a certain charm, Rodrigo was good in AC2 but they turned him into a wimp in Brotherhood.

Charles Lee was just a mess of a character.

And Starrick and Germain I just didn't care for at all. The others were ok.

cawatrooper9
10-27-2015, 08:35 PM
I voted for the ones that I really liked, but here's my ranking:

Haytham
Roberts
Al Mualim
Cesare
Starrick
Rodrigo
Charles Lee
Germain
Torres
Ahmet

the_don7684
10-27-2015, 09:20 PM
hahahaha no love for Germain!

VestigialLlama4
10-27-2015, 09:31 PM
hahahaha no love for Germain!

Unity doesn't have interesting villains, neither sympathetic nor charismatic.

Even if you are a one-dimensional bad guy you should have charisma, like James Bond villains have that, even if their motivations are flimsy. Rodrigo Borgia has charisma for instance. Like when he spotted Ezio sneaking on his meeting and called him out or started hamming up, he was entertaining to watch.

Germain is not entertaining.

RaggedTyper
10-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Haytham. He was better developer than the protagonist imo.

Hans684
10-27-2015, 09:38 PM
But what if I like gray morals? Either way I only voted on 4 of them but I'll add a bonus as well.

1. Al Mualim - A Mentor of the Assassins that was a Templar ally in secret(until he betrayed them) and used his own brotherhood to get rid of his former allies so he could enslave the Holy Land. He's unique, it's why I like him.

2. Haytham
3. Torres
4. Ahmet
The trio of Dedicated Templar Visionaries that has a showed and explained the other side in a different way than any other antagonists like the Borgia or Starrick. Showed the good side of the dark side. As I've said countless times before, I like gray stories and these 3 deliver on it. It's why they are among the top.

5. Achilles - Unexpected for most(even myself) but I like him for the way he used the Creed. As a policy of aggression and unrestricted power, like François Mackandal. Mentor of the Haitian Brotherhood that operated at the same time as him. A unique use of the Creed, it's why I like him. He's not one of a kind like Al Mualim but the use of the Creed is still something that hasn't been explored much in AC before.

The rest after these five are in no particular order.

VestigialLlama4
10-27-2015, 09:41 PM
Haytham. He was better developer than the protagonist imo

That's not really true. The first three sequences we literally get nothing about the guy and the personality people have about Haytham only comes from his interactions with Kanieh;tio and Connor. Among the Templars, Haytham is kind of boring.

It's just that a white James Bond kind of guy is such a familiar type and that people play as him that you have this illusion that he's deep. Within AC-3, Thomas Hickey, William Johnson and Pitcairn are far more developed and interesting Templars.

Hehatemee
10-27-2015, 09:58 PM
Roberts, second place doesn't even come close. "Ye haven't the metal for my brand of madness".
Al
Haythem

RaggedTyper
10-27-2015, 09:59 PM
That's not really true. The first three sequences we literally get nothing about the guy and the personality people have about Haytham only comes from his interactions with Kanieh;tio and Connor. Among the Templars, Haytham is kind of boring.

It's just that a white James Bond kind of guy is such a familiar type and that people play as him that you have this illusion that he's deep. Within AC-3, Thomas Hickey, William Johnson and Pitcairn are far more developed and interesting Templars.

Oh, I didn't say Haytham was a good character. I just said he's better developed than Connor. Ubi made us play as him in because audiences are used to their white male-30-year-old-with-dark-brown-hair stereotypes that I personally don't care for.

Eurostar7
10-27-2015, 10:14 PM
I actually like some of the bad guys not on your list:

1) Black Bart

2) Girolamo Savonarola

3) King Washington (a major influence on Starrick)

4) Al Mualim - "I stood before a 1000 men, all of them better than you, all of them dead...by my hand."

5) Crawford Starrick

6) Rodrigo Borgia

In general non-Templars make for more interesting bad guys than actual templars.

SPOILERS, but Black Bart is a 'sage' (aka Aita). All the 'sages' are bad. The grand master of the templars in ACU is a 'sage'. Aita and Juno are lovers, and Juno hates humanity so Aita has that in common with her.

VestigialLlama4
10-27-2015, 10:14 PM
Roberts, second place doesn't even come close. "Ye haven't the metal for my brand of madness".

And then when Edward meets him at the end, he basically says,
"By jove, Edward Kenway how can I not be pleased by the attention you've paid me, may the best of we two sing praises of the second."

Or then in his whiteroom he says, "A merry life but a short one", he's saying totally worth it. How can I not respect a guy like that.

VestigialLlama4
10-27-2015, 10:16 PM
SPOILERS, but Black Bart is a 'sage' (aka Aita). All the 'sages' are bad. The grand master of the templars in ACU is a 'sage'. Aita and Juno are lovers, and Juno hates humanity so Aita has that in common with her.

Black Bart is a sage but not a Templar.

And no, all sages aren't bad guys. Thom Kavanagh wasn't a bad guy, he was a decent ordinary man.

Eurostar7
10-27-2015, 10:17 PM
Oh, I didn't say Haytham was a good character. I just said he's better developed than Connor. Ubi made us play as him in because audiences are used to their white male-30-year-old-with-dark-brown-hair stereotypes that I personally don't care for.

Some of the Deleted Scenes in AC3 with Connor makes him a better character, not sure why they took those scenes out of the game. His Eulogy to Achilles was very good.

RaggedTyper
10-27-2015, 10:21 PM
Some of the Deleted Scenes in AC3 with Connor makes him a better character, not sure why they took those scenes out of the game. His Eulogy to Achilles was very good.

I thought the only scene that was deleted was his end speech?

Eurostar7
10-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Black Bart is a sage but not a Templar.

And no, all sages aren't bad guys. Thom Kavanagh wasn't a bad guy, he was a decent ordinary man.

He probably didnt get much information from his visions though, usually when the sage finds out as much as discover his real identity, the sages go mad. The Grand Master in ACU found out almost everything, he had so many memories on Aita that Juno was in direct contact with him throughout his life.

Eurostar7
10-27-2015, 10:24 PM
No, Connor read his Eulogy to Achilles too, it was very emotional and showed a different side to Connor. It didnt fit how he treated Achilles during the game, maybe thats why they cut it out but it showed Connor in a much better light i think.

RaggedTyper
10-27-2015, 10:31 PM
No, Connor read his Eulogy to Achilles too, it was very emotional and showed a different side to Connor. It didnt fit how he treated Achilles during the game, maybe thats why they cut it out but it showed Connor in a much better light i think.

Do you have a YouTube link?

Eurostar7
10-27-2015, 10:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU this is one of them, not the Eulogy

phoenix-force411
10-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Cesare is so overrated. That guy hardly appeared in the game, and at the end, he is surprised that he is losing. :rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
10-28-2015, 03:56 AM
Crap, I meant to vote for Haytham, Al Mualim, and Roberts but I clicked 'vote; with just Haytham selected. I adore Roberts' "muddy waters" speech, and just his dialogue in general really. He was the first villain who actually seemed like more of a badass than the hero at times.

RVSage
10-28-2015, 04:07 AM
Haytham
Roberts
Cesare Borgia
Al Mualim
Starrick(The story trailer sold me , "I told you not to disturb me")

Consus_E
10-28-2015, 05:23 AM
Honorable mentions:
-Warren Vidic: (Pre AC3) Loved him in AC1, his dialogues with Desmond really sold me on the Modern Day. Also liked the audio files with Lil' Vidic in AC4 where he talks about Aveline.
-Juno: I like her as an overarching villain that has been manipulating things. She somehow pulls off both menacing and sympathetic for me.

Voted Haytham, Torres, Al Mualim, Roberts, and Mr. Starrick.