PDA

View Full Version : Questions [SPOILER]

Captain Tomatoz
10-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Just finished Syndicate and I have a few questions.

Is there now more than one shroud? If so which one is in Syndicate? Is it the same as the one that was in Monteriggioni at one point?

Wouldn't it have been easier for templars (in the modern day) to steal the one in Turin since they know it's there?

If Winston Churchill is aware of the Assassins/Templar war and seems to be on the Assassins side why does he stage WW2 for the Templars?

I may have just missed some information so sorry if they seem a bit stupid. Thanks.

Senningiri_GR
10-27-2015, 05:54 PM
Haven't played the game so I don't know. Look it up in the Assassin's Creed Wiki ;)

Captain Tomatoz
10-27-2015, 05:56 PM
Haven't played the game so I don't know. Look it up in the Assassin's Creed Wiki ;)

I did that first and didn't really get an answer

VestigialLlama4
10-27-2015, 05:58 PM
I may have just missed some information so sorry if they seem a bit stupid. Thanks.

Not at all we're all confused, don't feel that way.

1) There is only one Shroud. The implication is that the English Assassins found the Shroud in Italy and moved it to England at some point.

2) I believe this answers 1. The Templars can't use the other one because there is only one.

3) This is confusing and its not explained. There are several possibilities:
A) Churchill eventually turned Templar later.
B) Churchill was never a Templar and merely manipulated into one.
C) The AC2 gylph puzzles are not meant to be taken seriously. Remember that Abstergo puts out propaganda and misinformation and that the files were uncovered by Subject 16 who is not in the best frame of mind and some of the glyph puzzles were retconned. AC2 glyphs implied Washington was a Templar, but he wasn't. Subject 16 mentioned that Desmond would marry but Black Flag said that Subject 16 saw alternate futures and didn't really know the future always.

Captain Tomatoz
10-27-2015, 06:02 PM

1) There is only one Shroud. The implication is that the English Assassins found the Shroud in Italy and moved it to England at some point.

But what the shroud that was sold in 1944?

VestigialLlama4
10-27-2015, 06:17 PM
But what the shroud that was sold in 1944?

Fake one or a Retcon.

Captain Tomatoz
10-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Fake one or a Retcon.

Must be a retcon because it was proven to be real due to the abstergo key

cawatrooper9
10-27-2015, 06:47 PM

3) This is confusing and its not explained. There are several possibilities:
A) Churchill eventually turned Templar later.
B) Churchill was never a Templar and merely manipulated into one.
C) The AC2 gylph puzzles are not meant to be taken seriously. Remember that Abstergo puts out propaganda and misinformation and that the files were uncovered by Subject 16 who is not in the best frame of mind and some of the glyph puzzles were retconned. AC2 glyphs implied Washington was a Templar, but he wasn't. Subject 16 mentioned that Desmond would marry but Black Flag said that Subject 16 saw alternate futures and didn't really know the future always.

D) Continuity error (which can be rationalized in head canon with any of the three previous options).

VestigialLlama4
10-27-2015, 06:58 PM
D) Continuity error (which can be rationalized in head canon with any of the three previous options).

Well what we see is always stronger than what we read. A 3D voiced render model will always have a bigger impression than text puzzles.