PDA

View Full Version : The "X" Command Needs Work

Carolinian
10-26-2015, 04:31 PM
I play Syndicate on a PS4.
Every time I go to the base of a ladder and prepare to climb up, the screen portrays the option for me to hit/select "X" to begin climbing the ladder.
However, every time I do select "X" that command is already taken up with the "Go Stealth" or "Go Back to Normal" stances.
I then have to climb up the wall with the use of R2.
Any info on this?

EscoBlades
10-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Climbing up a ladder, just like climbing up a wall, requires the use of R2 + the X button. The game notification prompt should display this, unless you were already holding R2 as you approached the wall, in which case, you need to continue holding down R2 and then press X to ascend the wall.

Could you provide a screenshot if possible? We can see if you are holding the R2 button in the screenshot as the High Profile state changes the color of the puppeteer controls. Thanks.

Carolinian
10-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Hey EscoBlades,
Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. Right now I am not able to accommodate you on a screenshot. However, I would ask you or anyone to enter the game and just walk to the bottom of a ladder and see if the command to climb by pushing X does or doesn't show up in the bottom right part of the screen for the control display.

Alphacos007
10-26-2015, 05:04 PM
For me, as EscoBlades said, you have to press R2 and X and the same time in order to go up on a stair, not just X.

Carolinian
10-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Thanks for responding Alphacos007,
To me, it seems, that the R2 button might not be needed. When I approach the bottom of the ladder the Control Display in the bottom right part of the screen says "Climb" next to the button "X". And this is without holding any other button - just standing at the base of a ladder. I do eventually have to use R2 + X to scale the wall, but why would "Climb" next to "X" be given as an option if I could not do that in the first place without the R2 function?

Senningiri_GR
10-26-2015, 08:27 PM
Climbing up a ladder, just like climbing up a wall, requires the use of R2 + the X button.
Not in real life. XD;)