PDA

View Full Version : Stealth improvements, climbing guards and so on ...

lKOTlKaliba
10-26-2015, 04:04 PM
excuse me for any grammatical fails, I'm from germany, but I think you will understand what I want to say
AC Syndicate is pretty nice so far (30 h play time) it's the gameplay and the AI what makes me cry sometime (problems I kinda got used to after 9 AC games...)
I'm talking of guards climbing like masterassassins and children(!!!) making wallruns, taking cover behind objects and walls is a pain in the ***, the combat system is almost simple as it was in AC B - black flag, restricted areas only for assassins (normal people are always allowed to enter) and the unnecessary level-system

AC wants to be a stealth game, but it doesn't want me to play sneaky. It would be great, when they make it possible to hide in the shadows.

cawatrooper9
10-26-2015, 04:25 PM
excuse me for any grammatical fails, I'm from germany, but I think you will understand what I want to say
AC Syndicate is pretty nice so far (30 h play time) it's the gameplay and the AI what makes me cry sometime (problems I kinda got used to after 9 AC games...)
I'm talking of guards climbing like masterassassins and children(!!!) making wallruns, taking cover behind objects and walls is a pain in the ***, the combat system is almost simple as it was in AC B - black flag, restricted areas only for assassins (normal people are always allowed to enter) and the unnecessary level-system

AC wants to be a stealth game, but it doesn't want me to play sneaky. It would be great, when they make it possible to hide in the shadows.

This was actually pretty common in the series until recently (ACIII, for the most part, though I think ACU was the first game to mostly feature no guards on roofs at all). It's kind of immersion breaking (especially in AC1 when guards in full armor could keep pace with Altair on rooftops) but it helps make stealth more important actually, as simply hiding on a roof isn't an immediate escape route.

Especially when coupled with the grappling hook, ACS would've been far too easy if all you had to do to escape from any group of enemies is press LB (or L1) to immediately escape to a place that enemies couldn't reach.

lKOTlKaliba
10-26-2015, 04:39 PM
This was actually pretty common in the series until recently (ACIII, for the most part, though I think ACU was the first game to mostly feature no guards on roofs at all). It's kind of immersion breaking (especially in AC1 when guards in full armor could keep pace with Altair on rooftops) but it helps make stealth more important actually, as simply hiding on a roof isn't an immediate escape route.

Especially when coupled with the grappling hook, ACS would've been far too easy if all you had to do to escape from any group of enemies is press LB (or L1) to immediately escape to a place that enemies couldn't reach.

there are "snipers" on roofs, so why need guards to climb? Even inside of buildings, they follow me over walls when they heard something behind it (explosion, barrels etc. ) instead of walk around

cawatrooper9
10-26-2015, 04:58 PM
There are some snipers on rooftops. Amancio stated last year that he wanted the rooftops to be where an Assassin is most powerful, so the practice of having guards on rooftops has been largely abandoned (and if you've played as Ezio in Venice before, you'll know this well). It seems that this empowerment on rooftops has mostly been adopted in Syndicate. Regardless, a sniper on a roof is most effective when his target is on the ground, so he (or she, as snipers tend to be female in this game) still doesn't really work as adequate defense should an Assassin attempt to flee to a rooftop.

lKOTlKaliba
10-26-2015, 05:09 PM
There are some snipers on rooftops. Amancio stated last year that he wanted the rooftops to be where an Assassin is most powerful, so the practice of having guards on rooftops has been largely abandoned (and if you've played as Ezio in Venice before, you'll know this well). It seems that this empowerment on rooftops has mostly been adopted in Syndicate. Regardless, a sniper on a roof is most effective when his target is on the ground, so he (or she, as snipers tend to be female in this game) still doesn't really work as adequate defense should an Assassin attempt to flee to a rooftop.

I got it, but it's more about climbing guards in general not those on rooftops

phoenix-force411
10-26-2015, 05:18 PM
It's funny when they climb roofs especially in the Ezio Trilogy.

lKOTlKaliba
10-26-2015, 05:26 PM
It's funny when they climb roofs especially in the Ezio Trilogy.

it's funny but also an immersion breaker and sinless

lKOTlKaliba
10-26-2015, 05:30 PM
btw I thought only desmonds ancestors had the eagle eye ability
ubisoft forgot some, in my eyes, important details

the_don7684
10-26-2015, 05:40 PM

I was actually blown away when I saw a guard I had marked disappear into the building below and pop out of the trap door next to me on the roof. Im really loving Syndicate so far The fact that some of the Police will follow you like that doesn't bother me. I've always *tried to play as stealthy as I could. Doesn't always happen but I try. The combat is nice. I just really try to avoid it when I can.

phoenix-force411
10-26-2015, 05:41 PM

Every human has Eagle Vision. They just need to unlock it through training. But yes, it does feel like it is being slapped onto anyone.

the_don7684
10-26-2015, 05:44 PM

This is explained in Black Flag. They say something along the lines that everyone has the capacity for eagle vision but varies in strength because of training. Hence, the capability in newer AC games to unlock a stronger Eagle Vision.

cawatrooper9
10-26-2015, 07:15 PM
This is explained in Black Flag. They say something along the lines that everyone has the capacity for eagle vision but varies in strength because of training. Hence, the capability in newer AC games to unlock a stronger Eagle Vision.

So really, Desmond's ancestors kinda sucked at it. :p