PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the game so far and do you miss multiplayer?

punisherfrosty
10-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Do you miss multiplayer gameplay and should it be added back into future games?

Well I figured Id come up with a post that would allow us to basically vent ideas, thoughts, or even things we perhaps miss from previous games. so tell us your thoughts and what you think of the game, which is what I will be doing very shortly.

I, like many of us in the gaming community have played every single AC game that has come out, regardless if it was bad or not or fell short. Some of us have even gone as far as to support the franchise by means of buying the collectors editions of nearly every ac game thats come out. we have played through story line, after story line learning, feeding off what is next to come in the series, only to be left with certain ac games we enjoy, some that were ok and some that were just a disaster. We have seen how much the games changed in recent years through game play and some changes were good but some have been bad. the deterioration of game cant be ignored but seen in ac3 when daggers were on the verge of vanishing to their current state which is non-existent. Each game from ac3 has changed game dynamics and game play in such a way that we all have basically learn each system all over again. although this isnt a problem the actual content that replaces these systems seems to be diminishing, which leads me to acs.

Acs, has much to offer thats fresh but doesn't necessarily praise the franchises successes as well. for starters the pub investor is extremely miss leading, it states that you can purchase pubs and yet you clearly can not. it wasnt until later that I learned that its a passive ablity, which is rather disappointing considering that every game since ac2, purchasing places was rather important had made the game alot more entertaining. anyways, moving on, the combat system has once again been changed. I came across an issue while I was playing where I was switching form brass knuckles to a blade and it glitched out. every time I attempted to fight a mob, it wouldnt be able to deal any damage or even fight, all he could do was dodge. the biggest problem though is the fact that you cant change your weapons via wheel like you had in all the previous games which is extremely disappointing to know that they had taken this figure out. I had to basically die, in order to change my weapon, where as to if I had the option of changing it mid fight via wheel, I would have been able to beat the living crap out of my targets. at the end of it all, I had gotten annoyed, shut my system off and game on here to search for answers, which were very limited. one mod told me to power reset my system, which I did and everything went back to normal. also, another problem that i came across was crafting certain items. when I crafted a pair of brace knuckles, it didnt tell me that there was a level requirement or restriction on them, it showed what I could craft and how much it was going to cost. so I crafted some really bad *** knuckles, only to have them show up in the other sections saying that I need to be lvl 9 with x amount of money to purchase them.... if I had known that prior to crafting them then I would have not done so.

so to me so far the game is alright but its not like black flag, its not like ac3, its not like any of the prior ac games, with to the exception of acu ( which was a disappointment). I feel that ubisoft is basically focused on trying to do this e-trade system thats rather annoying in it self and useless when they could have been more focused on things such as adding multiplayer to the game. As time goes on we have seen AC games diminish from what they originally are and it only leads me to question if the ordeal with the original creator of ac1 and ac2 has to do with this. is ubi soft worried that the creator of ac might just take the franchise away from the and thus the reasoning for constant changes or perhaps they are trying to cash in as much as they can now before its to late? I cant honestly say nor determine what the reasoning for changing game play so much that it diminishes the experience in every title released recently under the ac banner but when you have a game such as watch dogs that feels more like ac then ac does it self, thats a bit worry some. over all the games good, It doesnt drive me crazy but I do wish multiplayer was back in this version, I just hope they have it in the next game.

anyways, enough about what im talking about, give us your thoughts on the game and what you perhaps wish was in the game again or wanted in the game.

turtledisc
10-26-2015, 03:22 PM
I've never been bothered about the multiplayer - when it was completely separate I never bothered with it and it drove me crazy in Unity. I quite like Syndicate - although right now I'm having fun working out the map contractions and how the buildings have moved (but that's more because I live in London and my family have been here for quite a few generations).

I think it's good they've contracted the game so you don't have the external stuff like the apps that caused major problems for quite a few people and as far as purchasing buildings - yeah, it'd be nice, but I'm not really missing it. It's almost like they've taken it back to the first couple of games with a limited amount of things you can do but with a much wider free-roam - which I really like.

I'm only at the beginning of sequence 4 (I'm currently working on unlocking some of the lower level boroughs) and haven't experienced too many issues - the only one I've had so far is that one of the perks says I've done enough but won't unlock. I have seen a couple of glitches - magically appearing trains in a station and a tidal wave in the Thames but the latter was fixed by fast-travelling elsewhere and all was good.

Alphacos007
10-26-2015, 03:48 PM
I really liked the multiplayer, but I honestly don't miss it. The game is all about the single player and the multiplayer was just an added bonus.

It's funny how I always dreamed about a AC where you could co-op with a friend, and now that we had it, I don't care about it anymore. IMO, Unity's co-op was boring and got old really fast. Maybe because it was glitchy, or maybe because I didn't like the game as a whole.

ze_topazio
10-26-2015, 03:52 PM
They should make a separated Assassin's Creed Online game.

Rafe Harwood
10-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Really enjoying it and don't miss multiplayer in the slightest :)

I've never been bothered about the multiplayer - when it was completely separate I never bothered with it and it drove me crazy in Unity. I quite like Syndicate - although right now I'm having fun working out the map contractions and how the buildings have moved (but that's more because I live in London and my family have been here for quite a few generations).

I think it's good they've contracted the game so you don't have the external stuff like the apps that caused major problems for quite a few people and as far as purchasing buildings - yeah, it'd be nice, but I'm not really missing it. It's almost like they've taken it back to the first couple of games with a limited amount of things you can do but with a much wider free-roam - which I really like.

I'm only at the beginning of sequence 4 (I'm currently working on unlocking some of the lower level boroughs) and haven't experienced too many issues - the only one I've had so far is that one of the perks says I've done enough but won't unlock. I have seen a couple of glitches - magically appearing trains in a station and a tidal wave in the Thames but the latter was fixed by fast-travelling elsewhere and all was good.

Hehe, I too am loving exploring a city I know so well... or at least, the modern version of.

It's great wandering around and trying to figure out what's actually true and what may be artistic merit :)

They should make a separated Assassin's Creed Online game.

*shudders* Don't get me started on TES grr. The whole 'online' thing needs to die a death, with shivs in it's back and a shrapnel grenade shoved up it's keister

cawatrooper9
10-26-2015, 04:04 PM
I honestly never played it that much.

It was cool when I did it, but ACS is so much tighter than ACU, and part of it is because it doesn't feel like a weird pseudo-MMO, to accommodate for multiplayer. Getting rid of it is a very fair trade, in my book.

RomanoTjavo
10-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Yes, i miss multiplayer. even tou broken in unity it was still cool *** HEEEEELL

phoenix-force411
10-26-2015, 05:59 PM
I don't miss it, because of the massive reusing of assets from the previous games. It did not evolve as much as the Single Player which entirely killed the uniqueness in it. Honestly, I could not see it surviving for very much longer. MP dies within a couple of months of each new AC games, and with Ubi really pushing the Microtransactions into the Multiplayer by awarding the player with little awards it entirely killed it for me.

Reusing assets caused the MP to age fast, and it caused the learning curve to lessen extensively. Old tricks still worked, and it was like playing the same thing over again, but with new skins. Eventually, playing one multiplayer was like playing the other. The differences were minor. You could say that about FPS games, but FPS has to stay FPS. ACMP had so much potential to be more, but Ubi didn't take it that far, because MP was mainly used to test if Co-Op could work and it did, but Co-Op was just so limited in Unity. Unity could have been so much more despite the mediocre story.