PDA

View Full Version : Anno 2070 won't let me play...because some problem with Deep Ocean addon

MihaiulRau
10-25-2015, 12:23 PM
Hello.

First I want to say that I love this game, but I don't have time to play very frequently. Last time I played was 6 months ago (uplay tells me). I just installed it on my laptop and I'd like to play now, but I've been working trying and reading in the past few hours and no chance. I keep bumping into various problems and this is getting me upset.
Why can't you guys fix your problems and not make us fix them for you so that we can play and enjoy something we payed for and that should be delivered to us in one piece.

Here is my problem. When I start the game I get a message that tells I have activated the addon, but the contents have to be downloaded and that in order to do this I have to close the game and the updater will start. Click restart to begin the process. My only option is Reboot, so I click it and nothing happens.
If I click on DLC in the uplay menu it tells me that I can Buy it for 10EUR. But I have already bought it once for 20 or 25 I don't remember it was some time ago and I can send you a copy of the transaction if I must. This is unacceptable service quality and you can't expect me to buy other games from you if I get this kind of treatment.

In response to other threads that I've read. I have already tried with the autopatcher, I renamed it to autopatcher2 and it just did nothing, I tried with the offlinepatcher, but that won't work either. If anyone knows of another way to make it work please tell. My free time today has already been spent trying to fix this game for uplay, but I'm still hoping I can log in later today or if not at least I can fix it so I can play later in time.

ASMALLWEAKCHILD
10-25-2015, 01:17 PM
I have just had this same problem, I downloaded the 2.00 patch and ran it on its own. Sorted the problem for me.

Roa92
10-26-2015, 02:55 PM
I had the same problem when I bought anno 2070 on friday
I found a forum answer to someone with similar problems from Ubi-Kay that i tried and it worked

this is the 2.0 patch link Ubi-Kay posted in that thread:
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/patches/anno2070/Anno2070_Offlinepatcher_2_00.zip

you are probably gonna get a popup error when starting it that says:
support/manual/eula.rtf was not found just press ok and then ok again on the next window that pops up
the error is what i believe caused because the AutoPatcher can't find the End User License Agreement file

you may also have to re-enter you license key so have that ready aswell

this is the prosess to do it in:

1. Navigate to your install location of Anno 2070 (Mine was at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\ANNO 2070)
2. Locate the file titled "AutoPatcher.exe" (depending on your Windows configuration, you may not see the .exe file extension. In these cases the file will just be named "Autopatcher").
3. Right-Click this file and select "Rename".
4. Change the name of this file to something like"AutoPatcherBackup.exe"
5. Paste the Downoladed 2.0. AutoPatcher and rename it to "AutoPatcher.exe" and then rightclick it and run it as Administrator (this is where you may get an error message)
5. Reopen the UPlay PC Client and relauch Anno 2070. (this is where you may be asked to re-enter your licence key for the game)
6. When Anno 2070 launches, you will recieve a message: "You have successfully activated the addon. Before the addon can be used​​​, the updater must still download the necessary data." Here you do as always and click the "Reboot" button.
7. Anno 2070 will reboot and correctly apply the needed updates.
8. Start Anno 2070 again and you should be able to play again.

Daskis
10-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Well i remember when i bought dlc had the same issue, that was some time ago and its still not fixed, with really shows how much UBISOFT cares about customers.

Anyway while this solution works, I have other issue... I dont have cdkey anymore and now I have two lovely options, first is to buy game and DLC again so i can enter cdkeys or just to crack game and play offline, because while game is in my librery, i can download it and press play it just lunch then says it have to install DLC and then updater just stop working, if i change autopatcher then it ask me for cdkey.

If it was STEAM game, even if such thing would happen i could always check my cdkey and then enter it, ofc that whole situation is absurd in it self since if you have game in your library in first place that means you bought the game so why asking for cdkey?

Well wanted to play it a bit again before new ANNO but after what i see i wounder if i should buy it in first place since it will aslo required UPLAY and so far my experiece with it is very negative and I dont see UBISOFT change its policy anytime soon, if you make DRM like UPLAY at lest make sure it works and its not hutring customers.

All i have to say is, its really sad when its easier to download game from torrents then crack it, rather then actualy buy a game and then find a way to make it work, this should never be the case... (this is about patcher issue not cdkey, thats completly diffrent problem)

Thats my small rant about how i cant play game i bought becase UPLAY is such a awsome thing :(

Roa92
10-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Try to see if it is in your account information on your UPlay PC Client

Next to your username there should be an arrow.
Click that and then account information,
there Anno 2070 should be listed and have a show key button that lets you see it

Daskis
10-28-2015, 02:02 AM
I did check that out allready, i have cdkey for Heros of Might and Magic but as for Anno goes i have this info: "Uplay does not store key information for this conten". :(

MotoR12P
10-29-2015, 07:03 PM
same issue, just endless loop, autopatcher does not download update

nicoredje
10-30-2015, 08:09 PM
I tried the above with the offline patcher 2.0 thingy. but when i do it it says

- Anno2070 is not installed
- Anno 2070 is already up to date
- Anno 2070 installatin is corrupted. incase reinstall.

I got the complete edition from steam. havnt played a single second of the game :/

Vlash
10-31-2015, 03:48 AM
I'm having the same exact problem as MihaiulRau... I contacted Uplay support a week ago, but haven't heard anything back from them...
I tried the updater 2.0 thingy, but I had to supply it with a cd-key I don't have anymore. I recently moved, and I threw away the physical copy I had of Anno 2070, since I had already used the cd-key in Uplay, I thought I didn't need it anymore...

I'm also having the same problem as Daskis... When I go to check my cd-keys in Uplay I can see the cd-key's for all my other games, except for Anno 2070. I get the same "Uplay does not store key information for this content." as Daskis got.

For all my other games Uplay games I can see the key... Even the ones that was a retail game, and I just used the cd-key in Uplay...

I'm so tired of fighting with this game to get it to work, and SO demotivated... I have spent countless hours trouble shooting this game... I don't really like to complain about stuff, but this deserves it! I have been a PC Gamer for over 25 years now, and this is probably the first time I haven't been able to fix the problem....

I was going to play this before the next release, as I haven't had the time to play Anno 2070 yet... I was gonna buy the next Anno, I was gonna buy AC:Syndicate, Rainbow Six: Siege and The Division... But this was my last straw... this is where I draw the line in the sand... NO MORE UBISOFT GAMES.... and that's kinda both mine and their loss... I love many of the ubisoft games, they just wrap the games in bad DRM that ruins it for honest customers........

kobra_poland
11-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Hello guys,
I had the same problem today.
Short story - I've played Anno 2070 about a year ago, but when I heard about new Anno game I decided to refresh my memory. I have run the game through Uplay launcher and then i got info about need of game restart to run DLC properly. OK - I've done it, but autopatcher command line disappeard fast and done nothing... After do this few times I decided to completelly uninstall and install game again through Uplay. But this didn't help me...
On Steam forum I have found this file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nadctxtyn69cneg/AutoPatcher.rar
but launcher wanted a cd-key from me which I don't have anymore (WTF? Game is added to my library so why should I keep it?). After using it in many combinations (renaming files etc.) I tried to repair my files many times and finally it started with all bought DLCs unlocked.
I don't know what happened and why this stupid problem appearings, but maybe my way of fixing will help you.

Vlash
11-02-2015, 03:21 AM
With the help of a Ubi-employee I was able to get my cd-key for Anno 2070, and then the guide Roa92 wrote in post #3 in this thread actually worked. I'm finally able to play the game!

nicoredje
11-03-2015, 08:08 PM
I got my cd-key or at leasta activation key since i dont got a CD at all. but the solution he writes there doesnt work also the download link in this reply doesnt work for me

a2070fix
11-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Hello guys!

I was having the same issue today and finally fixed it, at least for me.

I spent the whole afternoon trying every fix written on these forums but to no avail. I however noticed two things:
1: There where "HandleStateInit: OnlineConfig not ready" errors in the logs which seemed to indicate a connection/identification problem rather than a patcher problem.
2: People reporting this problem seem to be from Europe.

So I connected my VPN to an American server and launched the game. After clicking "reboot" on the in-game popup, the patcher launched and downloaded the addon. So guys, try to make your connection go through the US. Try using a VPN or maybe a free proxy.

This also means that the problem is on Ubisoft's end. Something is going on with the European servers.

I really hope this helps!

President_john
11-13-2015, 02:31 PM
Hello guys!

I was having the same issue today and finally fixed it, at least for me.

I spent the whole afternoon trying every fix written on these forums but to no avail. I however noticed two things:
1: There where "HandleStateInit: OnlineConfig not ready" errors in the logs which seemed to indicate a connection/identification problem rather than a patcher problem.
2: People reporting this problem seem to be from Europe.

So I connected my VPN to an American server and launched the game. After clicking "reboot" on the in-game popup, the patcher launched and downloaded the addon. So guys, try to make your connection go through the US. Try using a VPN or maybe a free proxy.

This also means that the problem is on Ubisoft's end. Something is going on with the European servers.

I really hope this helps!

Hey

I don't know much about VPN or proxy-servers. Can someone maybe explain how I can connect to such servers?

Greetings
Jonathan

a2070fix
11-15-2015, 10:06 AM
I don't know much about VPN or proxy-servers. Can someone maybe explain how I can connect to such servers?

Here is a good place to start. (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2390381,00.asp) Most VPN services will explain how to install.

NB: I do NOT recommend using a FREE VPN service for anything else than this. Better VPN services can be found here (https://www.privacytools.io/#vpn), but for a price.

Ears14U2011
01-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Hello.

First I want to say that I love this game, but I don't have time to play very frequently. Last time I played was 6 months ago (uplay tells me). I just installed it on my laptop and I'd like to play now, but I've been working trying and reading in the past few hours and no chance. I keep bumping into various problems and this is getting me upset.
Why can't you guys fix your problems and not make us fix them for you so that we can play and enjoy something we payed for and that should be delivered to us in one piece.

Here is my problem. When I start the game I get a message that tells I have activated the addon, but the contents have to be downloaded and that in order to do this I have to close the game and the updater will start. Click restart to begin the process. My only option is Reboot, so I click it and nothing happens.
If I click on DLC in the uplay menu it tells me that I can Buy it for 10EUR. But I have already bought it once for 20 or 25 I don't remember it was some time ago and I can send you a copy of the transaction if I must. This is unacceptable service quality and you can't expect me to buy other games from you if I get this kind of treatment.

In response to other threads that I've read. I have already tried with the autopatcher, I renamed it to autopatcher2 and it just did nothing, I tried with the offlinepatcher, but that won't work either. If anyone knows of another way to make it work please tell. My free time today has already been spent trying to fix this game for uplay, but I'm still hoping I can log in later today or if not at least I can fix it so I can play later in time.

I've had the very same problem with a serial and had to provide proof to a UBI-soft representative after I spoke with her. Since I provided an electronic receipt? It still said the Deep Ocean DLC was activated but the ubisoft installer would only stop at a DOS screen (black) and lock up. She finally provided me an authentic UBI-soft new serial that activated it while I was online and it corrected my locked up main program also. Let me share the daytime phone number that you can call here in the United States at the hours provided and I really believe they can clear up your problem. I hope you get it running again! Cheers!

UBI Contact support
PHONE - English
Customer Support / Technical Support / Uplay Shop Support
Technical Support / Uplay Shop: (919) 460-9778
Available: 12pm noon - 12am midnight (Eastern), Monday-Friday | 12pm - 9pm (Eastern), Saturday-Sunday

Superlienju
04-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Thanks Roa92, this autopatcher works fine for me !

KamilAdamski
05-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Thanks Roa92 for the tips. Seems to work fine :D
I can't understand why won't they fix in via client patch.

Flamewagon
07-09-2016, 04:47 PM
I spent ages on this, longer than I have actually played the game. Here is what was happening:
I have the complete retail version which worked without an issue until I had to do a system rewrite on the laptop when windows 10 went in after another unrelated pc issue. So it became a fresh install again.
I installed the game from disc however as the u player was new as well for some reason I would need to download the game all over again ending with 2 versions of the game. If I went offline with the u player the game would not run so I uninstalled it and just tried the downloaded version.
Now I had the reboot issue every time. Spent about 15 hours trying every fix on the Web to no avail.
However this method worked for me, but why I don't know.
With the u player version installed but set to offline I ran the program from the Autopatcher in the game files alone with administrator rights which installed version 2.00.
The game worked at version 2.00 but only offline with no option to run online. No good if you have all the dlc.
I used my deep ocean disc from the complete edition and installed that alone. When the launcher now appeared there was a setting to change the proxy setting. The proxy setting was now there on the launcher and I set that to 80 (got that from another fix) and ticked the box below that which when run allowed more updates to flow in.
Closed everything and restarted it and it worked but I have spent more time fixing it that playing.
Hope this helps someone out there with this game.

MrKaneSmith
07-29-2016, 09:51 AM
i got the same issue iv tryed everything so far and nothing has helped

Ubi-Cerisino
07-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Hi MrKaneSmith,

have you tried the following:

Uninstall the game completely.
Install it and before starting it, run the autopatcher (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1305914-Anno-2070-won-t-let-me-play-because-some-problem-with-Deep-Ocean-addon).

Greetings
Cerisino

anoizultech
08-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Hi MrKaneSmith,

Install it and before starting it, run the autopatcher (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1305914-Anno-2070-won-t-let-me-play-because-some-problem-with-Deep-Ocean-addon).

Greetings
Cerisino

I have a same issues, which is my new purchase Anno 2070 Complete Edition, keep ask for reboot and I cannot even to started play the games.. I already follow all the instruction, download the latest patch of autopatcher.exe, replace theautopatcher, and reinstall back the games.. please help me... I attach the screenshot that I capture..

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2/Qayum_Muhammad/Error3_zpscs5msxko.jpg

NOTE:
1) I live in Malaysia..
2) I Open and Play in UPlay
3) I own Anno 2205 before I purchase the Anno 2070 Complete Edition

Ubi-Cerisino
08-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Hi,

could you please contact our support (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB)?
They can have a closer look.

Thanks!
Cerisino

rodrigonoopy
08-07-2016, 05:55 PM
Hi, It's wrong the way you did it, let me help you, The problem is that your windows explorer is not showing extension for known file types, first delete AutoPatcherBackup.exe, rename AutoPatcher to AutoPatcherBackup and rename AutoPatcher.exe to AutoPatcher ;)

TiranchikIzh
08-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Hello there!

I fixed problem with loop reboot. Sorry my english, i m from Russia.

1. I download offline patcher 2.00 and install it.
2. After that i saw window 'press cd-key', i press button 'www'
3.my broweser open new page where i put my serial code (i have when i bought this game)
4. autmotaickly download e-certificate
5. i choose this file and press 'activated'
6. login in game and press 'reboot
7. autopather downlaod some file ana O MY GOD! I I can play!

Im really sorry my english! i hope i help you!

anoizultech
08-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Special thanks to @ rodrigonoopy and @TiranchikIzh , I finally managed to solve the problem..and play the game..I fix the problem by following all tips share in this forum, step-by-step which is quite tricky for me..

1) I cleanup all the previous unsuccessful Anno 2070 (include all the folder) and Reinstall back the game

2) After complete reinstall the game, I advice you don't start the game. Firstly, Download AutoPatcher 2.0, and extract the file, follow-up by copy the extract file ("Anno2070_Offlinepatcher_2_00"),

3) Navigate to your install location of Anno 2070 (in my case I Install in Drive: D), Identify the file titled "AutoPatcher" and rename it into "AutoPatcherBackup" (the size of file around 209KB) after rename the file, Paste the "Anno2070_Offlinepatcher_2_00" and rename it as AutoPatcher (the size of file around 999,405KB).

4) Next step,open the "AutoPatcher" file to install, this to allow the autopatcher, update the game .. (this process I done to to prevent the checksum and eula.rtf error)

5) After Autopatcher update, the pop-up screen will request you to re-enter the CD-Key ( CD-Key that your use for download the game), after fill the CD-Key, you have two option and I choose to click the "Activate".. the process complete, when the screen auto close.

6) Before start the game, I restart my PC and re-launch the game Anno 2070, you still have the reboot message, you just click the reboot and everything will automatically download the Add-on and updates.

7) Lastly, after the Add-on complete, Anno 2070 will re-open and you can enjoy play the game..

GOOD LUCK!!!

Note:
1) I deactivate a while my Anti-Virus during the installation
2) I purchase Anno 2070: Complete Edition
3) My rig: Just a laptop buy in late 2013.

z4n.sraj
10-08-2016, 10:30 PM
one posible solution for complete edition...
1.clean install/download from uplay
2. download and install offline patch 2.0
3. download/install deep ocean RELOADED and don' apply crack (i think it's legit, because i already buy dlc)
4. play you game

tested on win10x64 enterprise.

Achileus1986
12-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Ubisoft + Bluebyte = banch of ****ing ******s. Fixed by uninstaling UPlay... For good

Evilbrad16
12-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Can confirm this worked for me

I had the same problem when I bought anno 2070 on friday
I found a forum answer to someone with similar problems from Ubi-Kay that i tried and it worked

this is the 2.0 patch link Ubi-Kay posted in that thread:
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/patches/anno2070/Anno2070_Offlinepatcher_2_00.zip

you are probably gonna get a popup error when starting it that says: just press ok and then ok again on the next window that pops up
the error is what i believe caused because the AutoPatcher can't find the End User License Agreement file

you may also have to re-enter you license key so have that ready aswell

this is the prosess to do it in:

dmdilks
12-28-2016, 02:44 PM
Hi MrKaneSmith,

Greetings
Cerisino

Why do we have to do this. Come on if somebody has this in their account then WHY ??? I run autopatch and then I had to put in a key. Plus not the one that is for Deep Ocean TOO. Plus 14 months later we are still dealing with this some body isn't doing their job.

comanderlink
01-16-2017, 05:43 AM
I tried the above with the offline patcher 2.0 thingy. but when i do it it says

- Anno2070 is not installed
- Anno 2070 is already up to date
- Anno 2070 installatin is corrupted. incase reinstall.

I got the complete edition from steam. havnt played a single second of the game :/

I am experiencing the same problem. Please help :(

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.

dmdilks
01-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Look at this link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2243372

comanderlink
01-24-2017, 06:55 AM
Hello,

I followed the link's instructions by doing a clean install (uninstalling uplay too), exiting steam, and running through each of the installer.

However, when I run:

...\Steamapps\common\anno 2070\install\InstallTool.exe

Nothing seems to happen.

I proceed to reboot. When my computer comes back online, I make sure steam is exited, then try running the offline autopatcher.

I still get this:

http://i.imgur.com/waHVNPp.png

If the image above it no longer there, it says:

ANNO 2070 could not be updated. Possible Reasons:

- ANNO 2070 is not installed.
- ANNO 2070 is already up to date.
- The ANNO 2070 installation is corrupted. In this case, please reinstall ANNO 2070

I then try to run the application, and I run into this:

http://i.imgur.com/fwS3hlh.png

If the above image is no longer there, it says:

Failed to start the Ubisoft Game Launcher

Failed to load configuration. Please restart the game. If the error persists please contact Ubisoft support.

So I can't proceed. Now in the past, I've followed forum posts and I've installed uplay and can get the game to launch with the infamous reboot problem. But I would really appreciate official guidance on what to do.

I'm running Windows 10. And I'm trying to play the complete edition of Anno 2070.

dmdilks
01-25-2017, 04:18 AM
When you launch the game does it do it through steam? Or does it take you to Uplay then you have to play it through Uplay?

comanderlink
01-25-2017, 09:31 AM
I quit both Steam and Uplay beforehand.

If I open Anno.exe, it will

1) Launch the AutoUpdater
2) Launch Steam
2) Launch Uplay
3) Require me to sign into Uplay
4) Launch the Game

dmdilks
01-25-2017, 03:43 PM
One other thing when you get to Uplay does it show the game? Then you have to click on the game right? Have you tried to install it right from Uplay?

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq161/dmdilks/Untitled_zpsm54w6e6b.jpg

RadmaKanow
02-08-2017, 02:31 PM
I may have a solution as I faced this problem few days ago.

I got my Anno 2070 long before U-Play launcher was introduced. Later I got Deep Ocean DLC which was added to my game. Finished the game and didn't came back since then. Meanwhile U-Play arrived and finally took current form.

Last week I too felt the nostalgia and decided to re-install Anno 2070. Downloaded whole U-Play thingy, dug up my log in and password and accessed my account. Downloaded whole game, despite having original CDs. Problems occurred when I wanted to play the game. Upon initial logos and logging into servers I got a message about successfully activating an addon (Deep Ocean) and game must restart to download new content.

Fine, hit REBOOT button, game exit, some DOS-like window pops up, throw few lines (didn't pay much attention what it said), closes and restarts the game. Just to get stuck after log in and throwing at me the same info about successful addon activation.

After 3rd attempt I gave up. Located and run autopatcher exe directly. That didn't help either. Messed a while with privilages, run as Admin, run from Admin account. Still nope.

The solution (probably, it worked for me at least)
I found my Deep Ocean CD box, and within U-Play app i picked "activate game key" option and simply typed Deep Ocean cd-key there. Confirm. U-Play responded: you have added Deep Ocean to your library (typing from memory, actual message may vary). Instead of "play" I had "download". Game updated no problem.

And now it works as intended.

dmdilks
02-09-2017, 02:17 PM
The solution (probably, it worked for me at least)
I found my Deep Ocean CD box, and within U-Play app i picked "activate game key" option and simply typed Deep Ocean cd-key there. Confirm. U-Play responded: you have added Deep Ocean to your library (typing from memory, actual message may vary). Instead of "play" I had "download". Game updated no problem.

And now it works as intended.

Yes you got it to work, but we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it to work. If it is you account then all should have to do is install the game. Ubisoft/Uplay is the only game company that every time we have to install a game most of the time we jumping through hoops to get it to run.

Come Community Representative we need this fix we shouldn't have to do different tricks to make it work. This has been going on for about 1-1/2 yrs ? ? ? ? ?
how people out that are having problems ! ! !

https://www.google.com/#q=2070+boot+loop&start=0

Black_Widow9
02-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Hello,

If you're still experiencing issues and cannot play, the best thing to do is contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/) so they can troubleshoot this with you individually.

Thanks

dmdilks
02-13-2017, 01:05 AM
Hello,

If you're still experiencing issues and cannot play, the best thing to do is contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/) so they can troubleshoot this with you individually.

Thanks

This problem has been going on since Oct 2015. Some people have even the Anno 2070 Complete Edition. They having the same problem. Yes if I have a problem with the game I contact support. But this problem should be fix. If I have the game in my account and it is showing in games on Uplay. I shouldn't have to do a off-line patch to get it to work.

This game should be all updated in my account and ready to install and play with no problems. I have reinstall this game 3 times since Dec 2015 and had to do things different two times. When I went to install it.

The first time it was right after I installed 2205 and when to play 2070 that was already install it wouldn't load. Had to uninstall everything and start over. The next 2 times I had to do the off-line patch. Plus every time I had install a key too. Plus for a game that has been in my account from day one.

Most of the people that are having problems are people that have own this game for some time. Went to reinstall it or play it and have had some kind of problem. When before they didn't have a problem till 2205 came out. That is when I started to have a problem.

C185445
03-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Well i remember when i bought dlc had the same issue, that was some time ago and its still not fixed, with really shows how much UBISOFT cares about customers.

Anyway while this solution works, I have other issue... I dont have cdkey anymore and now I have two lovely options, first is to buy game and DLC again so i can enter cdkeys or just to crack game and play offline, because while game is in my librery, i can download it and press play it just lunch then says it have to install DLC and then updater just stop working, if i change autopatcher then it ask me for cdkey.

If it was STEAM game, even if such thing would happen i could always check my cdkey and then enter it, ofc that whole situation is absurd in it self since if you have game in your library in first place that means you bought the game so why asking for cdkey?

Well wanted to play it a bit again before new ANNO but after what i see i wounder if i should buy it in first place since it will aslo required UPLAY and so far my experiece with it is very negative and I dont see UBISOFT change its policy anytime soon, if you make DRM like UPLAY at lest make sure it works and its not hutring customers.

All i have to say is, its really sad when its easier to download game from torrents then crack it, rather then actualy buy a game and then find a way to make it work, this should never be the case... (this is about patcher issue not cdkey, thats completly diffrent problem)

Thats my small rant about how i cant play game i bought becase UPLAY is such a awsome thing :(

The post I'm replying to is old but I wanted to write this in case it could help someone else browsing for help here or Google.

I also wanted to recover my Anno 2070 CD key as I may buy a new PC soon and I was worried I'd be asked again to activate my game with the CD key.

I don't understand why Anno 2070 is missing a "show key" button where all the other games have it. As with Anno 1404, this one:
http://i.imgur.com/LUBXZNl.jpg

No button for 2070 (with Deep Ocean):
http://i.imgur.com/FucGuiU.jpg

But considering Steam, I went to my Ubisoft order history just in case my CD Key was there and it appears empty for some reason lol Not a single game. With Steam I can check the games I purchased in 2008 with all their activaction keys but with uPlay I cannot even check the games I bought in 2014.

But back to the CD KEY issue, there is a place anyway where you can find all your CD Keys including even Anno 2070.

Click "Account Information" ON YOUR UPLAY CLIENT (my account management page doesn't display any game anywhere as far as nowadays goes). You get there by unfolding the menu by clicking your username.

There you'll see two menus, "Account Information" and "Games". If you click on "Games" you'll find a list of all the games you bought and there Anno 2070 finally has a "show key" button.

Hope it'll help someone else..

Shadowayara
05-07-2017, 11:07 AM
The post I'm replying to is old but I wanted to write this in case it could help someone else browsing for help here or Google.

I also wanted to recover my Anno 2070 CD key as I may buy a new PC soon and I was worried I'd be asked again to activate my game with the CD key.

I don't understand why Anno 2070 is missing a "show key" button where all the other games have it. As with Anno 1404, this one:
http://i.imgur.com/LUBXZNl.jpg

No button for 2070 (with Deep Ocean):
http://i.imgur.com/FucGuiU.jpg

But considering Steam, I went to my Ubisoft order history just in case my CD Key was there and it appears empty for some reason lol Not a single game. With Steam I can check the games I purchased in 2008 with all their activaction keys but with uPlay I cannot even check the games I bought in 2014.

But back to the CD KEY issue, there is a place anyway where you can find all your CD Keys including even Anno 2070.

Click "Account Information" ON YOUR UPLAY CLIENT (my account management page doesn't display any game anywhere as far as nowadays goes). You get there by unfolding the menu by clicking your username.

There you'll see two menus, "Account Information" and "Games". If you click in "Games" you'll find a list of all the games you bought and there Anno 2070 finally has a "show key" button.

Hope it'll help someone else..

I've found out a few things after this message! and i finally made it work (reboot 2070-DO problem) with in my case Uplay.

the 'Show key' for anno2070 doesn't show anything for me...it isn't there. But there is an arrow down for a list. Which...has Anno 2070 DO key in it if you check it.

the way i did it was like this ->

1. Download Anno 2070 and 2070-DO from a site.
2. Install both on my pc.(in the folder you know uplay is going to be installed aswel (should be in the upper-folder of the installation of anno2070 aka my pc; "D:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Related Designs\Anno 2070")) Don't start the game.
3. Download and install Uplay in the same folder.
4. Go in uplay, it should show anno2070 as Playable.
5. Click the 'key' Icon on Uplay and Input the Anno 2070 And 2070-DO key seperately.
6. Go To Games in Account Information (Check post above) and Check if you can see the 2070-DO key.
7. if it is there, Start the game. It should work! Happy Playing

hope this might make it easier.

Uplay seems to have a habbit of losing the DO key somehow if you don't input it. Aspecially after new version.

NoMoreDiscs
05-13-2017, 04:16 PM
I just went to try to playi this after freshly downloading it direct from uPlay and hit this stupid error! From my Googling it appears to be a long standing error that STILL hasn't been patched!

WTF Ubi...

Also, the uPlay client doesn't show my key. No drop-down, nothing (the post above this doesn't work). So I have no way of implementing the fix as described by the OP of this thread. ****ing BRILLIANT!

Black_Widow9
05-14-2017, 02:00 AM
I just went to try to playi this after freshly downloading it direct from uPlay and hit this stupid error! From my Googling it appears to be a long standing error that STILL hasn't been patched!

WTF Ubi...

Also, the uPlay client doesn't show my key. No drop-down, nothing (the post above this doesn't work). So I have no way of implementing the fix as described by the OP of this thread. ****ing BRILLIANT!
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Please get in touch with our Support team (https://support.ubi.com/) so they can troubleshoot this with you.

Siegraine_meow
05-28-2017, 01:03 PM
I have to say at this point this is being ****ing ridiculous...after 1 and a half year later with the same issue ubisoft is not able to put out a fix which will work for everyone out there with the same problem letting everyone to fix it by themselves...like what the ****....we paid for this game...and some of us cant even play this after many solutions were used yet game still not working and the same problem apears over and over again...I would be ashamed if this is my company...freshly installed game without playing...offline 2,00 autopatcher not working...like ****ing hell srsly......i am sorry for my vocabulary but i dont remember to pay for this game in shop to not being able to play this game....this is wide range of pleople issue...and there should be reall fix for this... and not some like "try this or that" or "oh write to support they might to help you individually" ...like are you f* kidding me?....

SirSunTzu
08-10-2017, 04:48 AM
6 years after the release of the game, i'm still having the same issues but in a different device, seriously what do you want us to do? stop playing your games because you are useless in the support side?

arain.ged
08-18-2017, 08:51 PM
Infinite auto-patch failure loop...
Bravo Ubi - great attitude towards customers.

ian9outof10
08-22-2017, 11:22 PM
Just tried this game again, bought it ages ago with the Deep Ocean DLC. Still, sticks in the reboot loop. Have tried everything.

How are they still selling this game?

mellofax
08-25-2017, 04:27 PM
This was driving me bonkers, had support chats to no avail - then FINALLY as another user suggested - success!

Unfortunately it is impossible for me to link any files, or provide a proper explanation other than to say.. A full retail CD installation of Deeper oceans as a standalone CD is all it took - seriously! The "offline patch" everyone is downloading is similar but not complete. The actual CD means no other files are required and it WORKS!! Come on UBI all you need to do is supply Deeper Ocean as a standalone install option (on top of the ANNO2070 game) and this would work. That or provide the same contents as the CD in a download instead of that patch! All these messages, all the negative reviews on steam and other gaming sites and all it took was a CD!! Provide this as part of the Download options in UPLAY (not in game) and voila!! simple 10 minute fix for programmers at Ubi/Uplay to implement

De-Dragon-Man
08-30-2017, 09:36 PM
I fixt it. I type in the deep oceaan dlc again in uplay. and he download the deep oceaan dlc en done.
the say its has a dlc but uplay see no dlc and don't download it.

1. open uplay
2. login
3. activate a Key
4. Type the deep oceaan dlc Key
5. uplay downloads the dlc.
5. Done

NeoGalaxy
09-19-2017, 10:11 AM
I fixt it. I type in the deep oceaan dlc again in uplay. and he download the deep oceaan dlc en done.
the say its has a dlc but uplay see no dlc and don't download it.

1. open uplay
2. login
3. activate a Key
4. Type the deep oceaan dlc Key
5. uplay downloads the dlc.
5. Done

Hello. Can I ask an admin to remove this post please? Check it and you'll understand why.

NeoGalaxy
09-19-2017, 10:16 AM
If you have problems with playing Anno 2070 and you have the complete edition that comes with the expansion and the DLCs well the simplest solution is to wait for Uplay to update the game, find the expansion and you'll get the loop. After that step download the autopachter that has around 1GB and that file will fix the problems. The last step is the copy-protection that will ask you for a serial. If you have the serial it's ok but if you don't have no worries you can check for it in the Uplay (on Account Information). Since nobody cares about Anno 2070 the forgot to remove the 2nd layer of protection, to include the DLCs & the expansion as a full game and well... it's way too late to think that they fix it someday. This problem happens also when Uplay is updated since sometimes it forgets some games or menus. You can check that after some patches we lost the menu for Prince Of Persia - The Forgotten Sands. Some patches ago there was a menu with actions & rewards but since the game was pretty ****, Uplay kind of forgot about it :P

Claudiuemil
05-10-2018, 07:04 PM
It says I have addon activated but whe I click reboot it just end the game and it entries again and sais the same thing,I have the code activated but I can't download it, please man,it's a nice games and I didn't played for a while but I love this game.

toiletbugg
06-18-2018, 04:17 AM
This Fix Still Works:
1:this is the 2.0 patch link Ubi-Kay posted in that thread:
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/patches/a...tcher_2_00.zip

Navigate to your install location of Anno 2070 (Mine was at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\ANNO 2070)
2. Locate the file titled "AutoPatcher.exe" (depending on your Windows configuration, you may not see the .exe file extension. In these cases the file will just be named "Autopatcher").
3. Right-Click this file and select "Rename".
4. Change the name of this file to something like"AutoPatcherBackup.exe"
5. Paste the Downoladed 2.0. AutoPatcher and rename it to "AutoPatcher.exe" and then rightclick it and run it as Administrator (this is where you may get an error message)
5. Reopen the UPlay PC Client and relauch Anno 2070. (this is where you may be asked to re-enter your licence key for the game)
6. When Anno 2070 launches, you will recieve a message: "You have successfully activated the addon. Before the addon can be used​​​, the updater must still download the necessary data." Here you do as always and click the "Reboot" button.
7. Anno 2070 will reboot and correctly apply the needed updates.
8. Start Anno 2070 again and you should be able to play again.

Knightshados
08-04-2018, 12:24 AM
what if the CD that i have is valid but it keeps telling me that it is not valid and wont even let me get passed the activation portion of this?

UbiChrisMANG
08-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Hi Knightshados! Our Support team is here for just such cases. You can reach them here:

If you would like to submit a Support Ticket for help you can do so here:
https://support.ubi.com

You can also reach out to our Facebook and Twitter Support pages here:
https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport/
https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport

s4breh4wk
11-10-2018, 12:07 PM
i just felt like playing some ANNO again after a long time only to find out that you have practically disowned me from my purchase with your failed service. I paid you money FIX THIS.

case reference: 07325953.

UbiChrisMANG
11-10-2018, 07:27 PM
I see that you have submitted a Support ticket due to the reference number you give above. Was there something specific we on the forums can help with beyond that? Has it been a long time since you've heard back on your case? If more than a few business days, please let me know and I will try to get a status update on it for you.

hundinger
12-03-2018, 02:04 AM
This is ridicolous.Everyone has that problem, so instead of refering to the support, you could just globally fix it.

MRGriffiths
05-09-2019, 09:21 PM
Having just bought Anno 2070 Complete (from Gamesplanet - thank you very much!) it all installed fine and worked right away (subject to a couple of updates done automatically through The Patcher).

chrispeddler
07-16-2019, 06:16 AM
Hey

Greetings
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan. Perhaps this guide (https://thebestvpn.com/what-is-vpn-beginners-guide/#what) says VPN is a service that lets you access the web safely and privately by routing your connection through a server and hiding your online actions. If you are playing a game within your location but the server is currently down, you can opt to change your location and will assign a different IP address therefore will alow you to access other servers to play the game.

Ubi-Woofer
10-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Having just bought Anno 2070 Complete (from Gamesplanet - thank you very much!) it all installed fine and worked right away (subject to a couple of updates done automatically through The Patcher).

Glad to hear that you have not experienced any issues with the game, MRGriffiths. Ensuring that all updates are installed / applied before the launching the game is always a good shout!

Hi Jonathan. Perhaps this guide (https://thebestvpn.com/what-is-vpn-beginners-guide/#what) says VPN is a service that lets you access the web safely and privately by routing your connection through a server and hiding your online actions. If you are playing a game within your location but the server is currently down, you can opt to change your location and will assign a different IP address therefore will alow you to access other servers to play the game.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this subject, chrispeddler.

If anyone is continuing to have issues with running, updating, or otherwise playing ANNO 2070, please let us know. We'll do our best to help here on the forums, though further investigation by our dedicated technical team may be required if the issue is more complex. :)