PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate perks farming, need help (multi-counter kill, road rage, countershot)

CydonianKnight21
10-24-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm running around London causing havoc trying to get all the Syndicate perks. Some of them are easy to get like headshot but some of them are a bit more difficult which leads me to my questions.

What is a multi-counter kill and how do I do it? I've been doing a lot of combat trying rack up quadra kill and other perks and I've not got a single point towards that particular perk. By the name I can only assume it means killing two enemies by countering when they're both running at me however every time I'm in that situation, when I counter I hit one enemy and the other just stops. Any tips?

Road Rage. Is there a simpler way to do this? I find if you're lucky enough not to have your enemy jump out of the way when you run your carriage at him, you will only take half his health when you run over him. By the time you've turned around to run at him again, he has probably already hijacked another carriage to chase you, or his buddies on carriages are ramming you making it impossible to hit him. And try killing two of them in under 25 seconds with all those obstacles? Near impossible.

Countershot. "Countershot 2 ranged attacks in under 10 seconds" so far despite having literally 10 enemies after me I haven't seen any two shots being taken at me within 10 seconds of eachother. Any ideas for this one?

Lastly, is anyone else having difficulty with Quadra Kills? Even if i can manage to get 4 blighters into the near death state without a rook or cop coming and killing them all, I have a huge amount of difficulty making sure all 4 of them are highlighted so i can press the attack button and trigger the little cinematic.

Any tips would be appreciated. In return I offer you this tip for the "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU" trophy/achievment: get a one horse carriage, get some speed, climb on the roof, shoot your horse in the head until it dies. Don't even bother trying to shoot horses pulling carriages you're not riding.

bitebug2003
10-24-2015, 04:31 PM
Moved to the correct forum.

CydonianKnight21
10-24-2015, 04:36 PM
sorry, and thank you :)

Jabutei
10-26-2015, 12:56 AM
Lastly, is anyone else having difficulty with Quadra Kills? Even if i can manage to get 4 blighters into the near death state without a rook or cop coming and killing them all, I have a huge amount of difficulty making sure all 4 of them are highlighted so i can press the attack button and trigger the little cinematic.

do the pit fights for this one. you can just keep doing them over and over and you'll get several tries with 4-5 guys in the ring on later rounds. it might take a while but it works

CydonianKnight21
10-26-2015, 06:12 AM
okay so i have everything but countershot. anyone have any ideas for this one? i cant seem to get them to shoot at me within 10 seconds of the previous shot, even with multiple enemies. does this only work with the enemies with rifles or are the pistols counted too?

Chrissie612
10-26-2015, 11:22 AM
So how do you get a multi counter kill? I haven't managed one yet!

Coconutsplz
10-28-2015, 03:54 PM
okay so i have everything but countershot. anyone have any ideas for this one? i cant seem to get them to shoot at me within 10 seconds of the previous shot, even with multiple enemies. does this only work with the enemies with rifles or are the pistols counted too?

How did you get multi counter kill?

Thanks

Steelray25
10-28-2015, 06:21 PM
So how do you get a multi counter kill? I haven't managed one yet!

Do the fights and be patient.

Don't go for quick kills. Move around the ring and if someone attacks, ONLY hit the counter button. Rinse repeat. Eventually, 2 will attack at once and you can go for the kill when they do. Takes some time to get them all, but that's the easiest way (and you may get combat mastery and multiple kills perks done this way too. Just keep countering and maybe one extra attack until you have several near death or stunned). For a quick stun/near death, it helps to have the first strike skill. If you allow the counter animation to finish, and then attack that same target, they almost always go into a state of near death (unless lower level in which case you might kill them outright).

Coconutsplz
10-28-2015, 06:53 PM
Do the fights and be patient.

Don't go for quick kills. Move around the ring and if someone attacks, ONLY hit the counter button. Rinse repeat. Eventually, 2 will attack at once and you can go for the kill when they do. Takes some time to get them all, but that's the easiest way (and you may get combat mastery and multiple kills perks done this way too. Just keep countering and maybe one extra attack until you have several near death or stunned). For a quick stun/near death, it helps to have the first strike skill. If you allow the counter animation to finish, and then attack that same target, they almost always go into a state of near death (unless lower level in which case you might kill them outright).

any specific fight you were in? place etc?

Malific
10-29-2015, 01:36 AM
For the double triple and Quadra kills the pit fights are best. Get them started by completing the T mission, then the pit fight arenas will appear as a single fist pointing upward.

Multi-counter Kill... these are VERY HARD. The conditions are like this. More than one person has to melee attack you at the same time. They have to have low enough health to be killed by the counter. Then you have to successfully counter them (I tap the counter button rapidly), I think only 1 has to die but the main thing is you have to counter when two are attacking at once.

The problem here is I've been playing this game for over 20 hours, and spent about 1/2 of that time in straight combat (I'm not even past sequence 5 because I've just been working on perks and upgrades) and I've only been melee attacked by more than 1 person at a time like 5 or 6 times total, two of them I countered but got no kill since their health was too high, 1 I managed to get a kill and the others I missed the counter because the button simply didn't work (this happens A LOT the counter button simply failing to counter), or too much else was going on and I missed the timing.

The only successful multicounter Kill I had was in a Pit match, there were 3 guys, 2 of them near death and 1 not. The not near death and 1 near death attacked at once, I countered and it LOOKED like I ONLY countered the near death guy, killing him but I got my '1' on my multi-counter kill perk. I've tried simulating this dozens of times since and never been attacked by more than 1 again. Also it seems that if EVERY opponent is near death they will NEVER attack simultaneously. I was under attack from one, and a second guy started to attack and the first guy simply stopped. his bar went yellow to white and no attack ever came while the second guy swung. So I'm think you have to bring the guy to near near-death state and then just dodge them or take the hits until two attack at once.

Which can be a LONG time. I did one pit fight, where the ONLY attack I used was counter. I went through 8 opponents, fighting 3-5 at once and was NEVER attacked by more than one at a time, during a bout that lasted a good 10 minutes.

Honestly I'm going to chock this one up as unachieveable, along with Road Rage and Counter Shot (I don't have a single one of these despite constant attempts). The conditions that make gaining these perks possible simply do not occur often enough to make completing them feasible outside of weeks or months of grinding for them.

Steelray25
10-29-2015, 05:54 AM
any specific fight you were in? place etc?

The level 5 fight is good for getting them. Just squishy enough to get the counter kills, But not so squishy that a simple counter kills them immediately (Because you'll be doing simple counters waiting for the double attack. Trying not to kill anyone too soon). Also lets you set up multi-kills if you want to farm them,

Alternatively, you could do the easy fights (first fight club match, or the one at Thames). Virtually every counter is a guaranteed kill. The downside is, it takes longer to get 2 to attack you at once. You COULD dance around and even take a few hits waiting for a double attack.

Getting the counter-kills is doable. Just takes a lot of patience and time.

Edited to add:

After farming all of my multi-kills, I had about 20 multi-counter kills. I found the second option MUCH easier. I went to the very first fight club match, and just allowed them to hit me until I got a double attack. I scored maybe 4-7 multi-counters per match. Of course, if they don't cooperate, and you get near death yourself, do whatever you have to do to survive the round. On the plus side, I also added 10 or so near deaths to that challenge in the process. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/R-D/perks_zpsdew2rvvt.jpg

RodrigoMontalban
10-29-2015, 09:54 AM
If anyone was still having trouble with multiple counter kills, I put up a video guide here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfb-nxRb7WQ

Also, for countershot, I found the best method was engage a big group of enemies (Royal guards are the best because they're trigger happy) and run in and out of combat. Disengaging will prompt some enemies to draw their gun because they think you're fleeing. When the prompt appears, stop moving and tap the button. Using the prompt while moving can make you dodge instead of countering. Also, this may seem obvious but make sure you have the pistol or knives equipped as your tool. Otherwise, you'll constantly dodge.

Hope either strategy helps someone.

shawnesey
10-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Road Rage is totally doable. I had the same misgivings as you initially. You run over people by hitting boost (not ram). There's a bit of a sweet spot. Your best friend in this (especially later in the game, when blighters have been replaced by rooks) is cops walking together. Roll up on them, and when you get about a cart-length in front of them, hit boost. The name of the game is running over them before they have time to jump away. If you don't get them, lean on the brake and do a 180 (this helps you get London Drift as well, if you don't have it). The game seems to give you more time to do this than it says it does. There were tons of times when I said, "aww $#%, so much for that!", and it gave it to me anyway. Just plug away at it, and it probably will take you less than an hour.

EDIT: The park and square in front of Buckingham Palace is where I do this... lots of room for 180 turns.

shawnesey
10-30-2015, 03:29 PM
Oh, and so as to not get burned out when farming, break it up some. Go do one perk set about ten times, then do another one ten times, and so on. I find that grinding one perk for extended periods of time gets old/boring/monotonous, so I switch it up.

shawnesey
10-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Does anyone know a good place to do double air assassinations?

Tyrhydion
11-03-2015, 09:33 PM
I am having trouble having the hijacking of police carriages counted. I have wasted a lot of time in hijacking police carriages, however my counter sticks at 2. It also leads to a situation where I am having trouble getting anonymous again, so I have to restart the game.

I also dont get how to effectively kick off enemies off the train. It happens to me randomly, but mostly their bodies remain on the train. This chore keeps bugging me as well.

As I have finished this game in short time with all collectibles and side missions, I am not sure if I am ready to commit the next weeks to fulfilling stupid chores fpr perks, but I would love to have all achieved as I usually do.

SofaJockey
11-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Having finished all the perks this evening, this is where I did the following - others may have better techniques.

Multi-counter kill

Fight club at whitechapel (building works)
Take individual hits until they both counter - hit quickly...

multi and triple kill

Fight club at Foundry in Southwark worked best for me because
the strength of the competitors means one counter and one hit puts them near death, do the same with the next person's counter,
Once you have three or four dazed competitors hit once more to trigger the animation

Road Rage.

Yes I found this a pain - I found wide wagons ran people over better

Drift

The square at West Strand, just go round and round and round (375 corners should do it...)

Countershot.

I didn't use mission 9/4 as many do, because I find the enemies too tough.
I used Evie's first Croydon mission.
Run around to agro everyone then keep your distance and counter the shots.
Slow, a little hit and miss but you get there.

Police vehicles

Easy.

Hijack one vehicle.
Recruit a minion to join you.
Stand on the roof letting them drive.
Retake the driver's seat
Amazingly it counts, stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down, ...

Tyrhydion
11-08-2015, 01:59 PM
I just completed road rage within 15 minutes or so in front of Buckingham Palace. Started at 2/25. Wasnt that hard to be honest, but I think it is silly.

silverinck
11-09-2015, 09:06 PM
I found a fast and easy way to complete the Road Rage Perk.

Replay the Darwin mission A Struggle for Existence. After following Florence Nightingale, you will arrive at a park filled with police and are tasked with kidnapping a target inside. Right in front of you is a wagon. Enter the wagon, drive close to the park, stop the carriage, get on top, and throw a knife at one of the police.

They will be alarmed and start to spill out onto the street. Get back in your wagon and either drive around the park to hit them or continue driving back and forth along the same side of the park where they are concentrated. At some point, you may desynch. You will start out right in front of the wagon upon reloading. Repeat.

LadyAselia
11-18-2015, 11:11 AM
I found a fast and easy way to complete the Road Rage Perk.

Replay the Darwin mission A Struggle for Existence. After following Florence Nightingale, you will arrive at a park filled with police and are tasked with kidnapping a target inside. Right in front of you is a wagon. Enter the wagon, drive close to the park, stop the carriage, get on top, and throw a knife at one of the police.

They will be alarmed and start to spill out onto the street. Get back in your wagon and either drive around the park to hit them or continue driving back and forth along the same side of the park where they are concentrated. At some point, you may desynch. You will start out right in front of the wagon upon reloading. Repeat.

Thank you for this. I got all of them in like 5 minutes.

Also, this is a great spot to get the Electrifying Perk done as well.

abgravity
11-24-2015, 08:44 PM

I've found one of the most effective ways to farm some of the combat perks is through the fighting clubs. Most rounds in the higher level clubs will have at least 3-4 enemies at a time that you can easily combo and I know what you mean about the highlighting problems. I've found if you are just very careful about making sure you don't "last hit" an enemy before all 4 are low you can easily keep them grouped in the fighting pen. Hope this helps:)

Jovianstone
01-08-2016, 05:08 AM
Road Rage isn't impossible, just a bit difficult. Get a Police Cart and head to the Northern Borough, the one that's a Level 2 Difficulty. The police cart kills enemies with one hit. You may need the cart skills unlocked.

Evies first Croydon mission for tackling the counter-shot perk doesn't work for me. For starters she doesn't have access to a gun, and countering with the knife doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

The trick to the multi-counter perk is def letting the groups of near-death enemies attacks hit you. The enemies sort of "square up" around you and attack together with much more frequency.

gajraj-TFG
01-09-2016, 12:56 PM
A good way to get multi-kills is fighting clubs.

Saith-Masu
01-17-2016, 09:02 PM
Unlocking the perks is really a long process.
Im at the start of Sequence 4 (didnt do a mission there yet) and collected everything. Every Beer, every Illustration, etc... then i did all Liberation Mitions. Basically now im lvl 10, have pretty much all gear upgraded and done (except those i cannot have acess to, since its story related) and hole London 100% freed.
Took me rund about 50 hours, because i took my time in every region.
And only if the Perks are completely done (which is hard to do), then i can continoue on Story Mission 4.
The Multi Kill on 4 targets give me a headache though.

Misterscruff63
01-17-2016, 09:17 PM
Do the mutli kill in the fight clubs in whitechapel much easier, get them down to near death easy. Found 'wanton destruction' 'Gone lawing' tedious.

The Greatest53
03-25-2016, 08:11 AM
What I have done for the rode rage perk is drive around in front of Westminster palace and boosted into the guards outside the gate.