PDA

View Full Version : Keep Your Hood Up

ReDLaCES22
10-24-2015, 02:20 AM
Hey Guys,

[No pun-intended to the early classic Tupac song Keep Your Head up. It was coincidence in the title. Haha.]

I want to know if anyone is aware of any way to keep Evie and Jacob's hood as they're walking and not just when you're in stealth mode. I think it's kind of unfortunate and disappointing that the only time I can see them in the FULL assassin look is when they're crouch. It doesn't completely make sense to me. I don't understand why entering stealth means they have to be very close to the ground instead of being in a mild hunched position as though they're sneaking.

Is there any way whatsoever (i.e. as you progress through the game and unlock attributes, skills, etc.) to where you can see them walking around with their hoods. Black Flag did it in the most ingenious fashion where once you enter a restricted area Edward would immediately lifts his mode. Makes total sense. I like how you can toggle it now but again it would've been great if at least the same thing that happened with Edward Conway in Flag returned in Syndicate when they enter restricted areas.

Would love any help with this. Thanks and enjoy the game!

RzaRecta357
10-24-2015, 05:57 AM
I don't think it's possible but I would like that too.

Sad I can't just have them standing straight to check them out. Always loved doing that.

D.I.D.
10-24-2015, 06:34 AM
I agree it doesn't make much sense that they only pull up the hood in a crouch, but that's because I want the hoods gone completely unless the time period warrants them (and I don't think any game after AC1, with the possible exception of Revelations, did warrant the hood). The hood is inappropriate and a horribly restrictive design feature which places a huge constriction on the clothes the assassin can possibly wear, or creates a horrendous clash when a hood is bolted onto fashions that do not remotely support the wearing of a hood (AC Unity, most strongly of all).

KingWabbajack
10-24-2015, 09:22 AM
I would feel the experience would be more complete if we had the ability to activate hood or no hood at anytime, simply for those of us whom love that assassins look, another great feature perhaps more important to me is walking with the cane out. This was demonstrated by character models when the game was first announced yet the only time we see the cane is when we are in combat. If we were able to hold the cane out and walk with it like a real cane (while walking not running) this game would become extremely immersive and drastically improve the gameplay. Great game though still prefer ship combat and free roam in rouge and black flag but apart from that, its one of the best Assassins creeds to date. It just could use some improvements.

Codemaster247
10-24-2015, 09:27 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1305157-Syndicate-Hood-toggle-trick-(Sort-of)

Just made a thread on this, meant to put it here in the console section

A time consuming way getting the hood to stay, I assassinated the gang leader in their stronghold while crouching and Evie's hood stayed up after that and then mini cutscene, I can walk about with it not being put back down.

Be warned, if you crouch and stand up, hood is gone :'( was fun while it lasted....

wackgamertag
10-25-2015, 03:58 PM
No really. I love the design of Jacob and Evie, but I'd really love it if when I stayed in crouch mode with hood up it would be up during the gameplay cutscenes at least. It's not even up during memory corridors. Probably my biggest problem with this game as of now. Not that I have a problem with hats. I just think the iconic hood, should be able to stay up if we'd like. Definitely nitpicking, or maybe asking too much. I wouldn't be so bothered if at the end of the story trailer Jacob hadn't been wearing his hood when the train de railed. Come to find in game it's back to the hat during this and many other gameplay cut scenes. Just bummed out really. Was wondering if maybe this was an over sight or something, like when Connors hood stayed down after completing ACIII's story.

Mr_Shade
10-25-2015, 04:24 PM
Hi There,

When cutscenes start - your not in stealth mode - so that's why?

wackgamertag
10-25-2015, 04:41 PM
I suppose my question is then why does it force me into stand mode when I triggered the cutscene in stealth mode. Would seem to make sense that if I killed somebody in stealth mode with hood up, I'd still be in stealth mode during the following cutscene. Thanks for the response though.

whatr_those
10-25-2015, 05:13 PM
Because, in the game's programming, there is a flag of sorts to indicate when a cutscene has or hasn't started (true or false test). Everytime the cutscene flag becomes 'true' in the programming, it automatically removes the hood from the character models of Evie and Jacob.

Pretty stupid and immersion-breaking decision, yeah, but that's more than likely the reason why the hood doesn't stay up during cutscenes.

sharpblade1508
10-25-2015, 05:13 PM
Good to see I'm not the only one who hates what they did with the hood. Since we had the same problem in AC 3 (When Connor stopped wearing his hood after sequence 11, and people got them to patch the hood back to normal) you would think Ubi would've learned by now. Don't restrict or take away the hood use! Pretty simple if you ask me. I've got a petition to get them to patch in a normal hood toggle for syndicate, so far it's pretty popular. Sign if you're interested guys, hopefully they'll get the hint and change it!

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-ubisoft-quebec-make-a-hood-hat-toggle-button-without-forcing-stealth-mode-in-assassin-s-creed-syndicate

wackgamertag
10-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Because, in the game's programming, there is a flag of sorts to indicate when a cutscene has or hasn't started (true or false test). Everytime the cutscene flag becomes 'true' in the programming, it automatically removes the hood from the character models of Evie and Jacob.

Pretty stupid and immersion-breaking decision, yeah, but that's more than likely the reason why the hood doesn't stay up during cutscenes.

Okay, that's sounds like something that would be difficult to change. But is none the less extremely disappointing.

SenseHomunculus
10-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Pretty stupid and immersion-breaking decision

Really? That's immersion-breaking for you?

Alphacos007
10-25-2015, 08:57 PM

Nowadays everything is immersion-breaking for people...

whatr_those
10-25-2015, 09:09 PM
An abrupt disruption of a character model's state (hood up to hood down) rather than a completely seamless gameplay to cutscene transition is a bit immersion-breaking to me, yes.

MT4K
10-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Well i'd prefer the ability to choose myself whether to have the hood up or down. Even if it was just an option in the pause menu somewhere i wouldn't really care.

I don't think it's that big of a deal in general, but i personally would prefer to keep the hood on for a majority of the time probably more out of symbolism from the older games. Even if it doesn't make sense time period wise and should make the person seem suspicious. I've just come to the point where when i think of AC, I think of the cities obviously, But one of the things i think of also is the Hood.

Plus it bothers me that it doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to just put an option in the menus for it, but then i'm not a game developer so it may be more work behind the scenes than it first appears.

wackgamertag
10-25-2015, 09:29 PM
(hood up to hood down) rather than a completely seamless gameplay to cutscene transition .
There you go, didn't know how to word it. That's what has been bugging me about this game thus far. It's a little bit jarring. :( and I think this series has been good about it before this, like characters still having blood on them from fights preceding cutscenes.