PDA

View Full Version : If you were an assassin, what attachments would you have on your hidden blade? (Poll)

locketcoket
10-20-2015, 12:19 AM
These are the rules.
You have two hidden blades.
Each hidden blade has two slots for attachment. (Like how Jacob and Evie have the rope launcher and poison darts.)
Some bigger attachments, such as the phantom blade take up two slots. If it takes up more than one, it will be specified in the poll.
Also, attachments to the actual blade, such as the hook blade, don't take up a slot.

I think I'd go with the phantom blade on my left arm, and on my right I'd have the hook blade with the rope launcher and the poison dart launcher.

LoyalACFan
10-20-2015, 01:43 AM
The way your poll is set up, you can essentially have every single attachment :p

I'm definitely a fan of the poison dart launcher (in theory, not necessarily the way it's implemented in game) since it's stealthy, ranged, and gives you plenty of time to escape before anyone realizes what happened. If you have poison darts, the phantom blade is kind of useless, it just does the same thing except faster; the only scenario I can see you needing it instead of poison is a hostage situation or something, like if a guy has a gun to someone's head and you just extend your hand as if to say "calm down" and then BAM, phantom blade to the face ;)

Wouldn't opt for the hidden gun (it's just the phantom blade but louder), especially if we're talking modern times when you could just as easily carry a silenced pistol. And my boycott of the rope launcher carries over into real life ;) Poison blade is useless if you've got the darts, so nope to that. Hookblade is also a no (I mean really, there are no convenient ziplines scattered around real-life cities). Foot blade takes way too much effort, I'm not going to kill people by roundhouse-kicking them in the neck. And I never quite understood the point of the trident blade, unless you're trying to assassinate the Pep Boys logo.

So, for me, it's two pivot blades (because that shiz is beastly) with a phantom blade on the left and poison darts on the right.

HDinHB
10-20-2015, 02:16 AM
Can opener
Bottle opener
Corkscrew
Screwdriver
Flashlight

Otherwise, Loyal's loadout sounds good.

rob.davies2014
10-20-2015, 01:54 PM
None of them. I miss the simplicity of Altair.
The amount of stuff they've packed on to the forearm is ridiculous. Especially with Ezio being able to extract and retract his hidden blade with a wrist flick and then fire his hidden gun with a different flick of the wrist.

pacmanate
10-20-2015, 01:58 PM
I'm fine with a pivot blade and the phantom blade.

The pivot blade is such a good design, you essentially have 2 weapons with it and have much more control when its in its knife mode. Chose the Phantom blade because if i wanted to use a ranged weapon i would want it to be silent

SenseHomunculus
10-20-2015, 02:10 PM
We're missing the obvious choices here, especially for a game based in England.

Dual wrist flasks: a nice Scotch whiskey in one and a good English gin in the other. Or better yet, the wrist merely has a sippy tube which runs to larger reservoirs held elsewhere on the body.

VestigialLlama4
10-20-2015, 02:36 PM
We're missing the obvious choices here, especially for a game based in England.

Dual wrist flasks: a nice Scotch whiskey in one and a good English gin in the other. Or better yet, the wrist merely has a sippy tube which runs to larger reservoirs held elsewhere on the body.

Man I would love this to be a real thing.

My favorite Wrist Ornament in the main games so far is the Hookblade. For one thing it's genuinely cool and useful, it has multiple functions and it makes basic sense, i.e. in a gamey way, as it justifies why Assassins can parkour, climb and maintain grip in the way they do.

The others - Hidden Gun, Hidden Dart Launcher, Wrist Crossbow (AKA Phantom Blade) are essentially your basic projectile launchers, but the hookblade can be used for traversal (vertical and horizontal) it can be used for ziplining, it performs unique combat moves.

I despise the Rope Launcher with the fire of a 1000 Suns. To me it destroys Parkour totally and if this were the actual Victorian times, I would have the people who came up with it, horsewhipped red and pink.

strigoi1958
10-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Hook blade... the ziplines were great fun and as an aid to reach ledges out of normal reach it would be very useful... (and for stealing candy from vending machines ;) )

Aphex_Tim
10-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Bottle opener

You can't imagine how much I want a Hidden Bottle opener right now...