PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Beschikbaar
10-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Hello,

I really don't understand the fact that when the game is finished they first let youtubers play with small vieuws(like Nukem) who don't even PAY for the game, and the customers who put down 60 - 130 for the game have to wait until friday, even when the game is finished or if it needs a little patch.

Just a little rant.

Moultonborough
10-18-2015, 12:20 PM
They were invited by Ubisoft to a closed event. They were only allowed to play a certain amount of the game not the whole thing. When they played it the game was still not finished or get a free copy out of it. For the full game they have to pay just like everyone else.

Beschikbaar
10-18-2015, 12:51 PM
They were invited by Ubisoft to a closed event. They were only allowed to play a certain amount of the game not the whole thing. When they played it the game was still not finished or get a free copy out of it. For the full game they have to pay just like everyone else.

Nukem has a review copy for free and he starts uploading on monday.

SofaJockey
10-18-2015, 01:28 PM
Hello,

I really don't understand the fact that when the game is finished they first let youtubers play with small vieuws(like Nukem) who don't even PAY for the game, and the customers who put down 60€ - 130€ for the game have to wait until friday, even when the game is finished or if it needs a little patch.
Just a little rant.

They are generating free marketing.
This game could really use some positive word of mouth, assuming it deserves it.

Beschikbaar
10-18-2015, 05:09 PM
They are generating free marketing.
This game could really use some positive word of mouth, assuming it deserves it.

I think that millions of players are going to give more marketing than a group of youtubers imho

SofaJockey
10-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Youtubers are influential in a way that professional review sites aren't.

We are dealing with two aspects of marketing here:

Knowing the product exits
Credible endorsement

You tubers address the second category, knowing something exists does not of itself provide the impetus to buy.

VitoAuditore
10-18-2015, 05:38 PM
agree with sofajockey. and beschikbaar, what exactly is stopping you from becoming a YouTube streamer yourself? if you want those games early, put some effort into it.