PDA

View Full Version : any ccg alternative?

truchosky
10-14-2015, 06:59 PM
well, this is dead, so i already uninstall it, any one knows an alternative game ? i am testing magic duels right now on steam, but maybe exist another and better game

ps: hearthstone sucks

X-Bahamut89
10-14-2015, 07:35 PM
You can Play infinity wars. It has a similiar Level of complexity compared to mmdoc, but the devs actually care and fix bugs as fast as they can. Dont say infinity wars doesnt have some serious flaws as well, but at least ist not pay to win crap. I didnt pay a Cent and im top 20 in ranked right now, Play for half a year now.

EtherionB
10-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Infinity Wars is great. Too many bugs though.. But it has great art, trading system, great mechanics. One of the best tcgs out there... I hope it won't fade like DoC though...

SpellWeaver is a good one too.

EtherionB
10-14-2015, 07:49 PM
People tend to like Poopstone or Hex$$$... so i hope after a year we'll still have a decent online ccg to play...

DepartedSha
10-14-2015, 08:27 PM
http://www.elderscrollslegends.com/ This is coming

Ivo54
10-14-2015, 08:41 PM
Dominion online, internet version of a cool real life card game

truchosky
10-14-2015, 09:12 PM
any one has an invite code from Infinity Wars ? i will testing it on steam

Voidstranger
10-14-2015, 09:16 PM
Check your private messages.

truchosky
10-14-2015, 09:19 PM
done !

EtherionB
10-14-2015, 09:19 PM
i dont have any, if u really need an invite code from IW u can create a 2nd account first and send inv code from there

EtherionB
10-14-2015, 09:21 PM
nvm, ignore my post

X-Bahamut89
10-14-2015, 10:34 PM
Infinity Wars is great. Too many bugs though.. But it has great art, trading system, great mechanics. One of the best tcgs out there... I hope it won't fade like DoC though...

Well yeah, there are some bugs here and there but they dont ruin the game and most of the time they get fixed after some time! There is that annoying game freezes and one Player loses randomly bug from time to time, but that didnt happen to me for a Long time now, and to be honest as an mmdoc Player you should be familiar with random losses^^

Also some funny stuff happened to me on Infinity Wars: Once i reported a bug to the CM while he was in global Chat, and guess what, the bug that I reported got fixed with the next update!!! Imagine that! Though you probably cant because you played mmdoc for so Long :D

scoicarius
10-14-2015, 10:50 PM
I'll also give Infinity Wars a try. I've just downloaded it. Such a shame for DoC. The game had such potential.

ArcaneAzmadi
10-14-2015, 11:38 PM
I second (or third or fourth or whatever) Infinity Wars: it's unquestionably the best Digital TCG out there now (as well as the only one that can actually CALL itself a TCG since it actually allows TRADING between players). Its gameplay is brilliant (largely thanks to its 2 most unique features, the Commander Purity system for deck construction and the Simultaneous Turn system for actual gameplay), it's the prettiest game thanks to its FULLY ANIMATED cards, it has a unique setting, style and plot (mixing fantasy and science fiction, with an ongoing story running through the expansions that is actually quite interesting), it receives new sets quite frequently (at least 2 per year I think) and it has the best developers out there (you can regularly find community manager Teremus in public chat answering questions, listening to complaints, or just bantering with people). It's a bit difficult to master (the Simultaneous Turn system DOES take some getting used to) but it's easily the best TCG still remaining on the market (it's also RIDICULOUSLY generous, giving you multiple free decks for completing the tutorial campaigns and even giving you A FREE BOOSTER every week as one of the login rewards). You CANNOT do better.

Without a doubt, Lightmare make Blue Byte look like the kind of worthless incompetent lazy trash that they are.

EtherionB
10-14-2015, 11:39 PM
Well yeah, there are some bugs here and there but they dont ruin the game and most of the time they get fixed after some time! There is that annoying game freezes and one Player loses randomly bug from time to time, but that didnt happen to me for a Long time now, and to be honest as an mmdoc Player you should be familiar with random losses^^

Also some funny stuff happened to me on Infinity Wars: Once i reported a bug to the CM while he was in global Chat, and guess what, the bug that I reported got fixed with the next update!!! Imagine that! Though you probably cant because you played mmdoc for so Long :D

I was playing Infinity wars more than DoC... :)

scoicarius
10-15-2015, 01:04 AM
I second (or third or fourth or whatever) Infinity Wars: it's unquestionably the best Digital TCG out there now (as well as the only one that can actually CALL itself a TCG since it actually allows TRADING between players). Its gameplay is brilliant (largely thanks to its 2 most unique features, the Commander Purity system for deck construction and the Simultaneous Turn system for actual gameplay), it's the prettiest game thanks to its FULLY ANIMATED cards, it has a unique setting, style and plot (mixing fantasy and science fiction, with an ongoing story running through the expansions that is actually quite interesting), it receives new sets quite frequently (at least 2 per year I think) and it has the best developers out there (you can regularly find community manager Teremus in public chat answering questions, listening to complaints, or just bantering with people). It's a bit difficult to master (the Simultaneous Turn system DOES take some getting used to) but it's easily the best TCG still remaining on the market (it's also RIDICULOUSLY generous, giving you multiple free decks for completing the tutorial campaigns and even giving you A FREE BOOSTER every week as one of the login rewards). You CANNOT do better.
If only DoC had had such visionary developers from the very beginning. Everything Infinity Wars has DoC could have had, including trading, which I think adds a lot to this kind of games.

truchosky
10-15-2015, 04:23 AM
testing infinity wars, is a fun game

scoicarius
10-15-2015, 05:51 AM
testing infinity wars, is a fun game
I like it a lot. I wish the interface were better though.

Bazaltovy
10-15-2015, 07:57 AM
Right now I'm playing Magic Duels: Origins, it's F2P and coming from Wizards of the Coast. Grindfest, yes but quite fun.

Voidstranger
10-15-2015, 08:23 AM
Magic Duels: Origins have ridiculously high system requirements. DirectX 11 videocard for CCG? I don't understand this.

Voidstranger
10-15-2015, 08:26 AM
Magic Duels: Origins have ridiculously high system requirements. DirectX 11 videocard for CCG? I don't understand this.

For new IW players. If you want to try it, feel free to use this invite code AROW5T :)

coloss3070
10-15-2015, 09:15 AM
Right now I'm playing Magic Duels: Origins, it's F2P and coming from Wizards of the Coast. Grindfest, yes but quite fun.

How is the game, is it limited as Duel of the Planeswalkers where there is very limited sets of cards? How is the economy, do they give free stuff etc?

BB_Momi
10-15-2015, 09:49 AM
<Moved topic: Off Topic>

Nothing wrong with the thread, just the wrong section to post in.

I wasn't a big fan of MD:O simply because of a lack of social options, not sure if this changed in any of the later updates though.

zimbetzimbet
10-15-2015, 10:07 AM
How is the game, is it limited as Duel of the Planeswalkers where there is very limited sets of cards? How is the economy, do they give free stuff etc?

It's not like the Duel of Planeswalker, because they promised to implement each new set that comes out into the game itself. Economy is fine, you have daily quests and even if you dont fulfill them it takes 7-8 wins to get enough gold for a booster pack. They occasionally do give free stuff, mostly booster packs.

Still rough around the edges but looking good overall.

coloss3070
10-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Magic with its mana screws, mana floods and all the one-card-field-lock and unfair card advantage like Wrath of God. I used to be a real Magic player and I'm not sure if I want to play it again. I know that these version are much more simplified than the real game which eliminates the just mentioned flaws, but from other hand I feel like I don't play the game in its full potential. DoC is better imo. It is a shame that it went that way :(

zimbetzimbet
10-15-2015, 12:09 PM
True.

But tbh it's much much more simplified than the real game, right now at least . Maybe when card pool gets bigger that will change. It probably will.
I personaly lost interest after some 100 games, because I had few virtually unbeatable decks and it was getting too repetitive overall. Will come back when new set gets impemented though.

piotrparler
10-15-2015, 12:39 PM
Guys and gals,

About infinity wars, it seems the game is not in as good condition as some of you described. Some might say it’s in the same state as DoC after SOB patch - on its last legs.
I've just read this thread on their forum:

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65361.0

It's the same story as ours, not a word from the actual developer, CM would like to answer questions but cannot, no plans for any expansions despite the last one being released quite some time ago, forum and reedit being virtually empty etc. All this sounds familiar isn’t it.

I would not invest my time in this game right now.

I stopped played DoC 1 month after ToR release, because I suspected what will be the bitter end of Blue Byte management.

After leaving DoC I tried Mojang’s Scrolls, which were very good but their development was discontinued in June by Microsoft’s decision, which bought Mojang only for minecraft and had no interest in supporting some not profitable card game.

After Scrolls received its death sentence I played some Duelyst, which was cool, very dynamic, with amazing art. But after I learned that most of Polish DoC fan base moved to Spellweaver, I gave this game one more shot and it all right I already have like 90 % of cards in SW since the game is very generous and it's nice to see a good number of familiar faces from DoC there.

I am not sure if either of these games won’t share the sad fate of DoC, I suppose only MTGO and Derpstone are safe, but if anyone is looking a new lover after the old one was put into coma I suggest to check them out.

coloss3070
10-15-2015, 08:33 PM
So.., I guess we just sit and wait to see what Elder Scroll Legends has to offer and meanwhile to pray better times to come for DoC.

Milky97
10-16-2015, 02:41 AM
I'm having lots of fun with spellweaver currently together with my old buddy GZYourEND767 #teamgzrevival

X-Bahamut89
10-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Guys and gals,

About infinity wars, it seems the game is not in as good condition as some of you described. Some might say it’s in the same state as DoC after SOB patch - on its last legs.
I've just read this thread on their forum:

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65361.0

It's the same story as ours, not a word from the actual developer, CM would like to answer questions but cannot, no plans for any expansions despite the last one being released quite some time ago, forum and reedit being virtually empty etc. All this sounds familiar isn’t it.

I would not invest my time in this game right now.

I stopped played DoC 1 month after ToR release, because I suspected what will be the bitter end of Blue Byte management.

After leaving DoC I tried Mojang’s Scrolls, which were very good but their development was discontinued in June by Microsoft’s decision, which bought Mojang only for minecraft and had no interest in supporting some not profitable card game.

After Scrolls received its death sentence I played some Duelyst, which was cool, very dynamic, with amazing art. But after I learned that most of Polish DoC fan base moved to Spellweaver, I gave this game one more shot and it all right I already have like 90 % of cards in SW since the game is very generous and it's nice to see a good number of familiar faces from DoC there.

I am not sure if either of these games won’t share the sad fate of DoC, I suppose only MTGO and Derpstone are safe, but if anyone is looking a new lover after the old one was put into coma I suggest to check them out.

This is simply not true! Lightmare shared their plans for the future with the community. The latest set has been oppression, and the next set which will be called Rebellion is already announced. Also they shared that they are planning to rotate out the Sleepers faction from ranked to make room for a new faction. It is true though that the Infinity Wars Forum is completely abandoned, but i think that is because Infinity Wars has a Global Chat function that is always available while your online and lets you speak to all the Players who are online and read the Chat. Usually if someone wants to discuss something they discuss it there rather than in the Forums.

coloss3070
10-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Anyone here with Nightbanes CCG experience? I found it on Steam but most people over there say that it is kind of exciting but it follows a pay-to-win model in the same time. I would like to hear an opinion from a DoC player's point of view.

ombrephenix
10-19-2015, 11:25 AM
Anyone here with Nightbanes CCG experience? I found it on Steam but most people over there say that it is kind of exciting but it follows a pay-to-win model in the same time. I would like to hear an opinion from a DoC player's point of view.

Bad plan. VIP gameplay too impacted by luck. Very good art design. German business logic.
Gameplay has potential if could have mastered the luck factor. But the statistics of cards are deliberately concealed. (Random processes) The leveling phase can be fun. But you want to do PVP seriously have to go to the store. VIP get a better return on random. Also have cards "WTF". (This is the heart of bizness)

coloss3070
10-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Alright, last night I tested Spellweaver almost the whole night (till 5 a.m., lol). The game is absolutely amasing and it is still in beta stage so you could be one of the first playing it and getting the cards from the very first edition. I guarantee a satisfaction for every hardcore DoC player:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=367725316
https://spellweaver-tcg.com/

NoobFish
10-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Alright, last night I tested Spellweaver almost the whole night (till 5 a.m., lol). The game is absolutely amasing and it is still in beta stage so you could be one of the first playing it and getting the cards from the very first edition. I guarantee a satisfaction for every hardcore DoC player:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=367725316
https://spellweaver-tcg.com/

This game is truely amazing. I played it last night, too.

pros

- Unique Battle mechanic (Creatures have speed stat. It determins wether a creature can attack another creature)
- Battlefield is split into the front line and support line (interesting things going on here)
- Draft Mode is implemented.
- Heros startwith a basic ability and can gain up to 3 abilities. (Abilities have a cooldown, so you can use them again only after a certainamount of turns)
- You can mix your deck with cards from different factions, if you meet the conditions.
- no crashes yet!!

cons
- rather small card pool. This game is just in beta.
- Seems like not a lot of players are online.

Overall this game looks fantastic and i think the developers are real CCG Players themselves. They kind of picked what is best from Magic the Gathering, Hearthstone and DoC.

You must give this game a shot!

cya

Moonheart_S
10-22-2015, 09:12 AM
Personnaly I don't like the "trading" part of the TCG.
It's time consuming and yet not fun (for me at least), and it creates a speculative market were some people just exploit the game not for play, but money.
At some point, it can even end to turn the game slightly toward P2W, because the rarest and most wanted card end to have a crazy price (look at magic where 1 card can be worth the price of a whole new game)

So, my question: is there a good "non-T" CCG out of there?

coloss3070
10-22-2015, 09:53 AM
- rather small card pool. This game is just in beta.

Yeah, this is still beta and we have only one basic set released so far and there will be more to come for sure. At first thought one could say that 200+ cards is not enough but they are designed so well that you have just enough to build your deck and make it work.

- Seems like not a lot of players are online.

I agree that there is not a lot of people online but this might be because ot the game's beta state and the fact that it is not officially realesed on Steam yet. I bet that some people worry if their progess will carry over to the final release of the game or not - yes it will. I asked the main developer who turned out to be an old friend of mine from my own country. both of us used to be a MTG players in the past. However I lost his tracks and 2 days ago I learned that they founded a small game studio working on this game mostly.

I agree with pretty much everything you said about the "pros" you mentioned. I really hope that they will manage to advertise this enough to just convinvce one to log in and give it a try.

DopieroSieUcze
11-11-2015, 09:03 PM
I can recommend Duelyst. Really cool game!
https://duelyst.com/

LQDBrunt
11-25-2015, 10:16 AM
I've tried Spellweaver, but it's so static and tedious compared to DoC.

Does anyone here plays Magic Duels? Thoughts?

I've seen Duelyst on Youtube and while it seems fun, the art direction is really turning me off.

If you want to take a break from CCG-s, I can recommend Battle of Wesnoth.
Its a great open source TBS, over 10 years old, with multiplayer and lots of singleplayer content.