PDA

View Full Version : Custom radio for vehicules on GRW.

ES-Ulukai
10-12-2015, 04:57 PM
The title say it all boys and girls ! So what's your thought about it ?

Would you be ok if the devs add the possibility for you to add your mp3 on a custom radio in the game while driving a buggy or else ?

Personnaly i'm for it, was listenning : House of Pain - Jump Around earlier and imagined my self driving the buggy with my mate at full speed to a mission with that song playing ^^

So people tell me like this please :

Yes

Situation and the music you'll be listenning .

Or

No

Why no ?

Dieinthedark
10-13-2015, 04:00 AM
I mean it'd be cool, i'd play some Disturbed - Indestructible or FFDP - Bad Company I'm sure but as far as priorities, dead last. No offense to your idea, it would be cool, just not what I think of when I think Ghost Recon. I feel like it'd fit better in the Battlefield Bad Company series personally

null499
10-13-2015, 09:40 AM
I would like to play FOX all the way!
what does the fox say?
Dingdingdingdingding.,....

Lolssi
10-13-2015, 02:52 PM
As an option? Sure but nowhere priority.
Also don't wanna this turn into gta with radio stations and pimping your vehicles as it so often seems to happen with open world games (or at least someone wishes it).

I personally have this weird notion that custom music somehow would make the game worse. I mean game soundtracks are crucial part of atmosphere. Unreals, Deus Exes and Mass Effects wouldn't be as legendary without their soundtracks.
Then again I have many times filled EA Sports games with custom music. Less since they went console only since adding music to console is pain in the behind.

WatchdogsMD
12-26-2015, 04:00 PM
We already know that there is a Radio Santa Blanca station in the game. I would surmise that the radio stations in this game would play authentic music of the region and would be entirely in Spanish. Radio Santa Blanca is a probably a propaganda station for the cartel. Perhaps there will be a Spanish rock or hip hop station. One never knows.

DanHibikiFanXM
12-26-2015, 11:06 PM
I don't see why not. In Afghanistan pretty much everybody jury rigged their iPods into the internal truck comms...it was against the rules but we did it anyway. The only concern stems from licensing the music and what music should be put into the game.

SuperBiscotCOT
12-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Yes ( and a BIG yes ) :)

But it must be realy easy and fast to choose your musics.

I will be listening all kind of musics BUT I want the possibility to choose beetween 2 options :
- have the musics only in vehicles and I can activate music everywhere with a sort of in-game MP3
- or even when I exit from a vehicle the mustic don't stop like your character is putting earphones.

(also for youtubers/streamers regarding the copyrights it must be also easy to deasable)

Ghost Sniper33
12-28-2015, 06:56 PM
Stupid,
Ghosts don't go flying around creating alot of noise. This game as is is turning more and more into another COD want to be and far away from what Ghost Recon use to be.

ES-Ulukai
12-29-2015, 01:30 AM
You are so wrong mate, the games is solar systems far away from a COD.

So listenning to the radio to you makes the game more like COD ? You tell in which COD you can drive and listenning your own mp3 music cause that I'd like to know.

Ghost Sniper33
12-29-2015, 10:13 PM
You are so wrong mate, the games is solar systems far away from a COD.

So listenning to the radio to you makes the game more like COD ? You tell in which COD you can drive and listenning your own mp3 music cause that I'd like to know.
Its everything as a whole, What spec Ops teams blast music getting close to a battle zone?

What Spec Ops teams fly their own birds?

What Drones put indicators over people?(there are heat signatures but not little icons yelling- he's Here!!!)

I'm just waiting to hear that you'll be able to hid behind a box while your "sheilds(ie health)" come back up. Or when a team member dies in a mission they suddenly reappear after.

Lolssi
12-30-2015, 09:28 AM
II'm just waiting to hear that you'll be able to hid behind a box while your "sheilds(ie health)" come back up. Or when a team member dies in a mission they suddenly reappear after.
At that point let's just facepalm and move on :S

Sgt-Ripcord
12-30-2015, 11:01 PM
Its everything as a whole, What spec Ops teams blast music getting close to a battle zone?
Almost all of us...almost all the time....pretty sure we were listening to beasty boys when this hapened.
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/Ripcoord/Asskrakistan/165680_180710261953629_100000439708939_545986_3241 519_n.jpg

What Spec Ops teams fly their own birds?
160TH SOAR

What Drones put indicators over people?(there are heat signatures but not little icons yelling- he's Here!!!)
My cell phone camera has facial recognition...I'm willing to bet yours does to, as does almost everyones cell phone camera....now think about what can be achieved when Billions are spent on technology...The military leads the way in tech.... opsec keeps me from saying more, but think about it.

Ghost Sniper33
12-30-2015, 11:45 PM
Almost all of us...almost all the time....pretty sure we were listening to beasty boys when this hapened.

160TH SOAR

My cell phone camera has facial recognition...I'm willing to bet yours does to, as does almost everyones cell phone camera....now think about what can be achieved when Billions are spent on technology...The military leads the way in tech.... opsec keeps me from saying more, but think about it.

1 - Thank you for your service

Now: 1a - Where you guys blasting music close to a op or on insertion getting to the "drop off point"? At somepoint I'm sure you turned it off to not raise awareness of your presence?

2 i isn't 160th SOAR the of lack of better word transport arm of Spec Ops? Do the piolts get out of their birds or off their fast boats to go on raids?

3 and of course there is tech out there, but I haven't seen where every person is lite up, you have strobes on friendlies but how are you lighting up Civillians from bad guys? If that was the case wouldn't we have a much easier times in crowds?

Sgt-Ripcord
12-31-2015, 01:12 AM
1a - Where you guys blasting music close to a op or on insertion getting to the "drop off point"? At somepoint I'm sure you turned it off to not raise awareness of your presence?
Vehicles are loud, when dissmounted we don't play music. As for raising awareness of our presence. It's generally assumed that once you cross the wire they are well aware of your presence anyway.

2 - isn't 160th SOAR the of lack of better word transport arm of Spec Ops? Do the piolts get out of their birds or off their fast boats to go on raids?
Yes they are transport, no they don't get out of their heli's to assist, but technically they are part of the raid. And they are our specops brothers so I think that counts

3 - and of course there is tech out there, but I haven't seen where every person is lite up
you may never see it... :P

you have strobes on friendlies but how are you lighting up Civillians from bad guys? If that was the case wouldn't we have a much easier times in crowds?
You have to rely on experiance...no you can't highlite just bad guys.
weapons = bad guys
certain activity = bad guys...like this guy...not suspicious at all :P
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/Ripcoord/263647_10150253419568770_683093769_7329279_2809275 _n_zpse224f797.jpg

Ghost Sniper33
12-31-2015, 02:14 AM
Vehicles are loud, when dissmounted we don't play music. As for raising awareness of our presence. It's generally assumed that once you cross the wire they are well aware of your presence anyway.

Yes they are transport, no they don't get out of their heli's to assist, but technically they are part of the raid. And they are our specops brothers so I think that counts

you may never see it... :P

You have to rely on experiance...no you can't highlite just bad guys.
weapons = bad guys
certain activity = bad guys...like this guy...not suspicious at all :P

That what I was meaning with SOAR, not that they're not in the Spec op world - because what they do is absolutly amazing, but a team liks Ghosts- they're not going to be inserting themselves if this is real world- that there is no Assult team that inserters themself they rely on the Spec Op drivers.

And thats what I mean in the game- Point out the people sure, but you have to have the player think - not have the game think for them by saying "hey bad guy is this guy over here shoot here!" and then telling you when they're dead with out any verification.

And to be clear I do realize this is a game and not real world- I would never personally last in the real work of spec op military. but I do like some realism in the game- if I want a acardy type game the market is saturated with them, they are not however with Realistic military shooters - there is Arma and thats about it- and thats not even realistic, with the flying your own helos- then jumping into fighter jets ect

Sgt-Ripcord
12-31-2015, 03:56 AM
but a team liks Ghosts- they're not going to be inserting themselves if this is real world- that there is no Assult team that inserters themself they rely on the Spec Op drivers.
If you mean by air no they wouldn't do it themselves, but by land absolutely they could and most likely would do that themselves.

Ghost Sniper33
12-31-2015, 10:43 PM
If you mean by air no they wouldn't do it themselves, but by land absolutely they could and most likely would do that themselves.
By air yes- in the thread talking about flying helos and if its possible... jsut don't get it

and by land sure, but they're not humping it 300 miles to get t a insertion point. you would know better- how far do you insert by land before your flown in or dropped off by fast boats?

Sgt-Ripcord
12-31-2015, 11:32 PM
how far do you insert by land before your flown in or dropped off by fast boats?
It's all very situational.
There have been times I have walked for many miles, and times we drove right up onto the objective.

SuperBiscotCOT
01-03-2016, 10:38 AM
All the people with their username starting by "Ghost...." are pessimisstic ? Or maybe it's your second account Ghost Leader ?

You have to remember something : the music will be only for you so if you don't wan't it ... just disable it. :confused:
It's a game and personnaly I will use the in-game mp3 only when I will have to go from an A point to a point B which is far far away ! Personaly no music during gunfights but some peoples want it.

Ghost Sniper33
01-03-2016, 08:59 PM
It usually means they are heavily invested in the Ghost Recon brand from its early days. I guess some of their concern, which can come across as pessimism, is born out of the drift away from the game's identity over time.

One of my key takeaways from meeting the Producer and Dev team was the recognition that Wildlands should return the franchise back its core ethos and identity, so I'm optimistic.
Hit it on the head, I'm back from the OGR and followed it to Xbox. I was part of clans and such on GR2 and SS. faded a bit on GRAW (this was in college time) and resold FS 3 weeks after buying it since i couldn't recoginze it anymore - Same with rainbow six- go back and play the first 3-4 versions of both, then the latest of both - they aren't even close to the same game being "improved" they are closer to COD then anything

SuperBiscotCOT
01-04-2016, 09:37 PM
One of my key takeaways from meeting the Producer and Dev team was the recognition that Wildlands should return the franchise back its core ethos and identity, so I'm optimistic.

And I'm happy to hear that and also to see someone such as you beeing choosed by Ubisoft ;)

Also I don't have any problems with the olders players of the game and I think they MUST be heard by devs BUT I also think, Ghost Sniper33 ( and you are not the only one), it will be more effective if you make only constructive messages. Saying that it was better before and the game will be like an other COD game it's not realy helpfull for the dev-team.

Also the game is not real life. It can be realistic but it's not always possible, I think/Hope we will be abe to play in an hardcore mod but the game should be also accesible to everyone (maybe not 3 years old babies ... you understanded me :nonchalance: I hope so ). The game basicly should be hard but not ultra-harcore.

Ghost Sniper33
01-04-2016, 10:18 PM
And I'm happy to hear that and also to see someone such as you beeing choosed by Ubisoft ;)

Also I don't have any problems with the olders players of the game and I think they MUST be heard by devs BUT I also think, Ghost Sniper33 ( and you are not the only one), it will be more effective if you make only constructive messages. Saying that it was better before and the game will be like an other COD game it's not realy helpfull for the dev-team.

Also the game is not real life. It can be realistic but it's not always possible, I think/Hope we will be abe to play in an hardcore mod but the game should be also accesible to everyone (maybe not 3 years old babies ... you understanded me :nonchalance: I hope so ). The game basicly should be hard but not ultra-harcore.
No offense taken.
I just have become really jaded with titles I use to love. Seeing how they have all gone away from what made them great(to me) to trying to find that Halo/COd formula where its the same game with different skins each release because it makes a boatload of money for those 2 series.

Trust me I know I don't want full realistic - I could never make it in war. but realism is what set this game apart before- the whole your sheilds/health come back is a joke, spray and pray- we have almost a billion options in games for that.

but the slow tatical recon types? we have Arma, and thats about it.

and its stupid things that can make or break the game - thigns like flying Helo's what Spec Op assult team does this? they have actual flight teams. things like health regen - it doesn't happen when your shot your shot until your seen by a real medic, and then you have days/weeks.months to heal. (i don't expect anything this realistic but not hidding behind cover for 30 seconds get you to full health)
In real life you spray and pray while running around you die. all Military people I know say you shoot on single fire unless supressing - my bro in law was in the marines in Iraq and said he never shot his rifle on full auto there.

People who go off alone - die, teamwork matters, talking matters you need to know where your team is at all times. Bad guys don't jump up and down saying "I'm here"
Running into a fight with out a plan rarely ends well, going on raids with out a plan doesn't end well. ect ect.

All of these things were through of and realistic on the ORg- and thats whyat I mean by get back to it. force people to work as a team- make it so if you abandon your team your going to find it real hard to stay alive. Don't let just anyone jump in a helo and do barell rolls, ect.

EddieNES
01-05-2016, 01:34 AM
"Little Dune Buggy" - POTUSOA

Songs a must.

Lolssi
01-05-2016, 01:44 PM
No offense taken.
I just have become really jaded with titles I use to love. Seeing how they have all gone away from what made them great(to me) to trying to find that Halo/COd formula where its the same game with different skins each release because it makes a boatload of money for those 2 series.

Trust me I know I don't want full realistic - I could never make it in war. but realism is what set this game apart before- the whole your sheilds/health come back is a joke, spray and pray- we have almost a billion options in games for that.

but the slow tatical recon types? we have Arma, and thats about it.

and its stupid things that can make or break the game - thigns like flying Helo's what Spec Op assult team does this? they have actual flight teams. things like health regen - it doesn't happen when your shot your shot until your seen by a real medic, and then you have days/weeks.months to heal. (i don't expect anything this realistic but not hidding behind cover for 30 seconds get you to full health)
In real life you spray and pray while running around you die. all Military people I know say you shoot on single fire unless supressing - my bro in law was in the marines in Iraq and said he never shot his rifle on full auto there.

People who go off alone - die, teamwork matters, talking matters you need to know where your team is at all times. Bad guys don't jump up and down saying "I'm here"
Running into a fight with out a plan rarely ends well, going on raids with out a plan doesn't end well. ect ect.

All of these things were through of and realistic on the ORg- and thats whyat I mean by get back to it. force people to work as a team- make it so if you abandon your team your going to find it real hard to stay alive. Don't let just anyone jump in a helo and do barell rolls, ect.
Pretty much my thoughts also.

SuperBiscotCOT
01-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Some points taht I want to see in this GR and on what most of us are fixed:
- teamplay based gameplay
- no run and shoot like a COD
- have the time to prepare the action phase with your teammates even if you are already on the field (waypoints, Tactical map that all the squad can see, a team leader, etc. )
- no health regen (and it must be claim everywhere on this forum ! maybe not everywhere but often :p)

ES-Ulukai
01-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Teamplay requiered cause it's get hard ^^
Miles away from cod gameplay
NDA
NDA