PDA

View Full Version : More exploring, less hand holding

myplane150
10-10-2015, 01:46 AM
Hi all, please, please, please make the game more rewarding for those of us who like to explore every nook and cranny. No all or nothing maps that can be bought or earned. Show the main objective areas but not every stash via question marks. This really spoils the game for us old time gamers. I want to earn my extras and even my extra ammo through exploration. No hand holding needed. Maybe make the amount of these giveaways optional for every difficulty setting. thx

BTW... Love the series since #2. #3 was amazing. #4 was awesome until it wasn't (got very tedious).

angstik
10-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Best would be to keep the special areas from FC4 (every single little spot) and put some weapon, material, even tiny collectible that we could find only there. Giving a real reason to explore.

Sushiglutton
10-19-2015, 10:05 AM
FarCry 4 offers great customization of both the map and HUD. So I recomend going into the map and then filter away the icons you don't want as the first thing you do when you start the game!

That said I still think FarCry could reward exploration more. One example would be to have unique items/skills that can only be found by exploring the world. Another would be to have some unique setups that can also be found by exploration.

HorTyS
10-21-2015, 06:36 AM
I'm glad they sell maps with collectible locations and such. Sometimes it can become tedious and frustrating to be running round trying to find this certain thing, or that specific location. Buying the maps is an optional way to avoid such frustrations. Want to scour the land without such indication of what you might find? Don't buy the maps... brilliant in it's simplicity really....