PDA

View Full Version : How do I install 32 bits version?

Pardaxes
10-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Hello everybody!

I didn't pay attention and installed Heroes 7 64 bits. How do I switch to 32 bits? Cause my cpu runs Windows 7 32 bits :/

(sorry bout my english, I'm french :) )

thx

EDIT : I tried uninstall/reinstall, he never asks my opinion and automatically installs the 64 bits version :'[

QA_Vorchun
10-10-2015, 12:06 AM
It installs both versions at the same time, look for Binaries folder in your Heroes folders, there are Win32 and Win64 folders inside. You can start 32-bit version manually from there by running MMH7Game-Win32-Shipping.exe executable.

greenleaf13
10-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Thank you very much, QA_Vorchun.

GamerSerg
10-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Has anyone been able to get this working in 32-bit? I know the last patch notes said they are still working on 32-bit optimization but then I saw this thread and followed Vorchun's suggestion. When I try to launch the game from the MMH7Game-Win32-Shipping.exe the game starts to launch but then I get a windows "MMH7 Has stopped working" error and then the only choice is to "close the program" If anyone knows how to get this working in 32-bit you would make two kids very happy. Otherwise I guess we just have to hope for the next patch.

GamerSerg
10-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Still unable to get the game to launch on my 32-bit OS computer. A previous dev blog mentioned they were working on 32-bit optimization for patch 1.3 but now it is not listed in the patch notes. I installed the patch anyway and the game still won't launch.

Based on the above posted from QA_Vorchun it sounds like it should already run on 32-bit but I have followed his steps and it still does not work. All I get is the rectangular splash screen and then the Microsoft error message "This program has stopped working."

Is anyone currently running on 32-bit and if so how are you launching it? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

QA_Vorchun
10-29-2015, 10:48 PM
I've tried running 32-bit version back when game was version 1.1 and it worked for me. I'll try to run 32-bit version again in 1.3 when I'll get home to see if it still works. Although I'm on 64-bit W7, so it's not really the same as running on 32-bit OS.

GamerSerg
10-31-2015, 11:19 PM
I've tried running 32-bit version back when game was version 1.1 and it worked for me. I'll try to run 32-bit version again in 1.3 when I'll get home to see if it still works. Although I'm on 64-bit W7, so it's not really the same as running on 32-bit OS.

Game runs perfectly on my 64-bit W7 laptop but will not launch at all on my 32-bit vista desktop. I appreciate any suggestions.

GamerSerg
11-19-2015, 07:29 PM
Post patch 1.5 and game still will not run on 32-bit. Got a little further this time. After splash screen the game actually launches, company logos play, intro trailer plays and then it goes to the load screen with the stain glass window and the loading circle in the lower right corner but after a few seconds it crashes with a "This program has stopped working" error again.

If anyone has been able to get the game to work on 32-bit, I would really appreciate any help.

nicolebo
11-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Post patch 1.5 and game still will not run on 32-bit. Got a little further this time. After splash screen the game actually launches, company logos play, intro trailer plays and then it goes to the load screen with the stain glass window and the loading circle in the lower right corner but after a few seconds it crashes with a "This program has stopped working" error again.

If anyone has been able to get the game to work on 32-bit, I would really appreciate any help.

I've got exactly the same problem. I still have no response from Ubisoft. :-(

ryful
02-06-2016, 01:52 AM
Well, in my installation in Win32 there is no exe at all. So despite the fact that I have 32bit machine I have only 64bit version installed. This is insane!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Hi ryful and welcome to the forums, please could you open a ticket here https://support.ubi.com

Thanks

ryful
02-08-2016, 08:44 PM
I opened a ticked and wait for reply.

ryful
02-21-2016, 11:16 PM
In two weeks no reply from Ubi... shame

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Hi ryful, please post your ticket number so I can investigate this for you.

Thanks

lotoreo1
02-23-2016, 01:39 PM
And again, Moshi refuses to officially state that 32- bit is not supported. Why bother for the ticket number, if the solution to the problem simply is, that there is not solution???

On the other hand, 2 weeks without reaction is pretty harsh....

ryful
02-23-2016, 10:59 PM
Yes. If there is no 32 bit than why on the box there is an information that you can run it with 32 bit. If there is only 64bit than solution is simple: give me my money back.

ryful
02-23-2016, 11:00 PM
By the way my ticket number is 02886593.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-24-2016, 11:13 AM
Thanks ryful, you should receive a reply soon.

lotoreo1
02-24-2016, 01:10 PM
And please, do post that reply here, once you get it!
The topic may be interesting for many more people, and I, personally, would be really curious how they deal with this issue!

ryful
02-24-2016, 11:09 PM
I've got a reply that 32bit is not supported and wont be supported (I can post complete replay here but it would be in Polish). So they say that I have to make a complaint in the store where I bought a game and get money back (I'll write how that went). The only conclusion I have regarding this matter: no more products from Ubisoft. Shameful misguiding information on the box, no clear information on forum, had to wait for over two weeks for reply (and had to write several posts on forums). It is a pity as I own (and still play HoMM II, III, V, VI and I'am a huge fan of the series).

lotoreo1
02-25-2016, 10:22 AM
So this is UbiMoshis customer support. He lets you sit and wait for ~20 days, contact customer support, etc.... instead of simply telling you the truth, that 32 bit is not supported. Well done, very well done! But I guess, they just don't like to publicly announce that they do not support 32 bit, even though they print it on the boxes....

And thats the next point: how ubisoft can print a 32bit symbol on the box, and later on decide not to support it, is also beyond me. This freakin' company really should be sued...

lotoreo1
02-25-2016, 02:38 PM
And the fact, that they don't even reply to postings like mine above, and simply don't even try to justify themselves, really proofs the point. They know they screwed up, they know they currently still screw up, but you will never ever get an apology.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-25-2016, 04:57 PM
Hi ryful and Lotereo1,

Firstly, apologies for the delayed answering of your support ticket ryful and thank you for providing your ticket number so that I could escalate it for you.

We worked hard to try to make 32 bits compatible with Heroes VII hence the time delay for any messaging. Unfortunately we were unable to do this without affecting the quality of your game experience and as such we are offering you a refund of the price of the game.

We have already made retailers aware that we will be suggesting players receive a refund so that it will be a smooth process for you.

For other 32 bit players we suggest that you contact our Support Team who will guide you through the process as we are unable to offer refunds from the forums.

We apologise for the inconvenience which this has caused you and thank you for your patience.

ryful
03-06-2016, 01:31 AM
Well, this week I went to the shop to return it. Fortunately I had on my printed reply from support, as otherwise I would not receive any refund. So this concludes this shameful history. I hate how this matter was handled by Ubi.

Starterror
09-24-2016, 01:04 AM
so...i got no answer from Ubisoft or limbic games about 32 bits version.now i see here that the game is only for 64 bits and a lame excuse that the game experience will be bad if game will run on 32 bits...question is Ubisoft...HOW LAME are you?do you even tried to do it?there are far more advanced games out there that are runing perfectly on both platforms...32 and 64 bits...but seems like the competition is made of PROs and Ubi is just a bunch of amateurs that are also liers telling they made M&MH 7 by veterans of the serie will.go back to work and made the game for 32 bits also and stop lying you cant do it.and also show respect to your customers and answer when they send tickets.:mad: