PDA

View Full Version : @ Birds of prey MED

JG52Uther
06-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Just to say guys 'great server' had a lot of fun last night,good maps and very low ping.I know some guys were complaining about lag,but i had no problems,except,i think,for the normal spawn lag!So Salut RAF 238th!

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/me109JG1.jpg JG52 The Butcherbirds

JG52Uther
06-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Just to say guys 'great server' had a lot of fun last night,good maps and very low ping.I know some guys were complaining about lag,but i had no problems,except,i think,for the normal spawn lag!So Salut RAF 238th!

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/me109JG1.jpg JG52 The Butcherbirds

RAF238thKnight
06-22-2004, 06:59 AM
JG52Uther,

Thank you for joining us I have since incresed setting just a shade. Remember are goal is to keep settings tight however, our plans are to expand to reach everyone within a 200ping set.

Osiris and I will keep working on maps to make them better. Our other rooms are going to be DCG rooms however still waiting on a tutorial for Servers. The D-Day Normandy DCG is running and is alot of fun even if there are no flyers in the room. You can get the IP from our TS server.

Again spread the word Birds of Prey has gone to Medium settings with icons and have since increased there settings to include more medium end machines.
Knight

Osirisx9
06-22-2004, 08:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG52Uther:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/me109JG1.jpg JG52 The Butcherbirds<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S~ JG52Uther. Thanks for stopping by the server and we are glad that you had a good time. Your comment about the lag prooves what so many other admins have said about lag. If it is the server , everyone would experience lag at the same time but if it is a individual PC that pc is lagging itself. One thing I've learned is that its hard owning and being a admin on your own server. You will be hard pressed to find someone to admit that it is their own PC that is causing them grief on a server. Something just as simple as opening your console and typing in "set netspeed 8000" will clear up the lag on their PC. I've noticed that we will get a couple of complaints when someone is flying around a city or airbase and there is aaa going off. Its intresting how they suddenly compain that their rig locked up on them but no one else experienced the lag but them. If it were me in that situation I would suspect my video card. Thats allot of graphics to proccess if your vid card is being pushed to the limit.

The Warbirds Birds Of Prey server is a dual 3.06 Gig xenon server with 4 gigs of ram. It is also connected to a dedicated unmetered 10mbs line in a first class datacenter in New York City. The servers Cpu is only at 2 percent when it is hosting a full room and will sometimes jump to five percent on our more detailed maps. Durring a 32 player session the server will use about about 450kbs of bandwidth. So as you can see the server has more than enough bandwidth and cpu to handle the load. Also the sever offers the best connections anywhere period. We are able to set our ping kick below most other servers because most of the people who connect to the server have pings well below 250. This includes contries like Germany, Sweden, Italy, France, and the UK. In the US all the pings are below 100. We also have detailed graphs indicating the Bandwidth and packet usage. I will be posting that information on the forum too.

Again thanks for stopping by the server and I'm pleased that you had a good time on the server and thankyou for your comments. Also join us on comms so we can chat. We will like to here your voice. Salute and Take care .

RAF238thOsiris