PDA

View Full Version : BOB Coops

rummyrum
02-16-2004, 09:40 AM
There are many features missing from FB Coops that would make them all the more worthwhile. Scripted servers came about because of the lack of options in coops. Lets try to push a few ideas that may be implemented into BOB and ensure that coops remain a realistic yet fun experience. A few options:

1.Refuel/Rearm ( I know its been said it takes along time to refuel and rearm a plane but cant we reach a compromise? 10-15 min...good break if you ask me)

2.The ability to use skin packs (what does this have to do with coops?...try flying with 30 people and skin downloads on. The ability to preinstall a pack of skins, server could even point you to the skin pack ahead of time, would make the environment a bit more colorful.

3. Not starting off on the runway. Make us taxi.

4. A dedicated server so we dont have to but the host in the back of an il2 to have one.

5. The ability to join after a launch. If there are parked planes on the runway let them jump in those

6. An interactive briefing room so flight leaders can go over missions and objectives.
and so on and so on.

If you enjoy coops but feel something is lacking and want it in BOB, post it please and if this has been posted before....opps http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/crazy.gif

9./JG54 Rummy

rummyrum
02-16-2004, 09:40 AM
There are many features missing from FB Coops that would make them all the more worthwhile. Scripted servers came about because of the lack of options in coops. Lets try to push a few ideas that may be implemented into BOB and ensure that coops remain a realistic yet fun experience. A few options:

1.Refuel/Rearm ( I know its been said it takes along time to refuel and rearm a plane but cant we reach a compromise? 10-15 min...good break if you ask me)

2.The ability to use skin packs (what does this have to do with coops?...try flying with 30 people and skin downloads on. The ability to preinstall a pack of skins, server could even point you to the skin pack ahead of time, would make the environment a bit more colorful.

3. Not starting off on the runway. Make us taxi.

4. A dedicated server so we dont have to but the host in the back of an il2 to have one.

5. The ability to join after a launch. If there are parked planes on the runway let them jump in those

6. An interactive briefing room so flight leaders can go over missions and objectives.
and so on and so on.

If you enjoy coops but feel something is lacking and want it in BOB, post it please and if this has been posted before....opps http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/crazy.gif

9./JG54 Rummy

Metal_heaD2
02-16-2004, 11:26 AM
sounds great... i hope they fixs this things to make the game better

02-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Excellent ideas!

1. Also, let's have the ability to force loadouts.

2. Skin downloads are always going to be troublesome. Unless the server can force skins on everyone, let's leave skin downloads as a low priority transfer, to avoid lag.

3. Yes http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Many airfields did not have runways. They were air-FIELDS. Everyone taxis to the edge of the field and takes off into the wind. I hope BoB has real airfields.

4. Dedicated server for coops would be great, but without a GUI n00bs won't have a clue. Let the host have an option sit out and act as a moderator/game-master who doesn't fly, but still has access to in-game commands and stuff via the regular in-game UI.

5. Maybe... probaby not practical.

6. YES http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Briefings are a major weak point currently. It's not the simulation's fault, but simply because mission builders don't write decent briefings.

mr_Decent
02-18-2004, 07:28 AM
From the original post:
1, Would be nice, I also agree with cosmokart about forcing loadouts or even better IMO, if you could choose which loadouts to be available.

3, Has been discussed, problem is AI can´t taxi (Oleg said I think) so that would only work if all planes are human.

5, Jumping into parked aircraft seams troublesome to include, but if there are planes set to takeoff after the initial mission launch they could jump into those. Or take control of AI aircraft allready airborne....?

6, YES!!! That would be sweet!