PDA

View Full Version : Game keeps "exiting unexpectedly"

guest-I1G7BJnO
10-06-2015, 11:33 PM
I'm having a weird problem, and I can't find any solutions online that work. My game launches just fine, and I can play for usually about 15-20 minutes before the window abruptly freezes and then closes, saying that the game exited unexpectedly. My computer is compatible with running the software, and my DxDiag report shows no problems. I have tried uninstalling and re-downloading the software, but that hasn't helped. This is very frustrating. Help!

x-BlackKnight-x
10-07-2015, 05:47 AM
This is called in simple terms, "bad coding" and has been prevalent in this title for years.
The game can even cause complete graphic card driver lock ups in conjunction with DirectX which can lead to BSOD.
This can result to data loss or even system integrity issues.
This does not even consider internet port issues that cycle over and over again, and many times never shut down.
I hope you have system backups, because you may need them.

I am not making any of this up because since the time the game was created, it happened to me multiple times.
Now, I do not risk it.

Solution?
Uninstall.

XaeroTheHero
10-07-2015, 06:28 AM
This is called in simple terms, "bad coding" and has been prevalent in this title for years.
The game can even cause complete graphic card driver lock ups in conjunction with DirectX which can lead to BSOD.
This can result to data loss or even system integrity issues.
This does not even consider internet port issues that cycle over and over again, and many times never shut down.
I hope you have system backups, because you may need them.

I am not making any of this up because since the time the game was created, it happened to me multiple times.
Now, I do not risk it.

Solution?
Uninstall.

Dude, the game doesn't even use DirectX... It's a Unity3D game. At least get your facts straight if you are going to comment on something. You did NOT have any system failures caused by MQEL, so stop lying. If you had system failures you had faulty hardware or a virus, it was not caused by MQEL. Your credibility is not improved by false information.

x-BlackKnight-x
10-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Dude, the game doesn't even use DirectX... It's a Unity3D game. At least get your facts straight if you are going to comment on something. You did NOT have any system failures caused by MQEL, so stop lying. If you had system failures you had faulty hardware or a virus, it was not caused by MQEL. Your credibility is not improved by false information.

I am not talking about the game design engine, "friend".
I am talking about the nVidia directX drivers that had compatibilty issues WITH THIS GAME.
Its documented at UbiSoft at the technical levels.

For a person who is still defending this piece of crap, you sure are sensitive.

XaeroTheHero
10-07-2015, 07:42 PM
I am not talking about the game design engine, "friend".
I am talking about the nVidia directX drivers that had compatibilty issues WITH THIS GAME.
Its documented at UbiSoft at the technical levels.

For a person who is still defending this piece of crap, you sure are sensitive.

Well, Nvidia has nothing to do with DirectX, it is Microsoft who develop the DirectX librarys. And MQEL uses OpenGL and has nothing to do with DirectX. I am not defending anything, I am sorting out false information.

x-BlackKnight-x
10-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Perhaps I should be more specific then, Nvidia DirectX supported drivers as they apply within the context.
MQEL built using the Unity3D Engine requires the user to have DirectX9 installed for a reason.
If the game is using OpenGL why does the developers require DirectX 9?
Perhaps because the game still uses some of the library files? Hmmm?
We all know that the game used MicroSoft.NET Framework support to build their diagnostic program.

Recommended System Requirements (direct from UbiSoft):

Operating System: Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 (32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core2Duo E6400 @ 2.1 GHz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ @ 2.3 GHz
RAM: 4GB or more for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Video card: NVidia GeForce GTX 460 or better / AMD Radeon HD5850 or better
DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Internet connexion: DSL 512 kbps

There were incompatibilities, and STILL are, but I only speak for nVidia.
There was very little effort to address any of the problems outside of the server code problems (non-graphics card related, so we dont get "wires crossed again" although I am enjoying the sparks now, so if you want to tag along fine).

Separately, if you have ever experienced, "The game has exited unexpectedly" (which I am sure you have), that was a result of game coding not graphics isues which is separate, and even internet port issues during a long game session.
The bottom line is the code is a mess, and you already know that.
There is so much left over garbage from earlier iterations of development, nobody on the FINAL development team even really knew what came before them.
All this for a "crash course" in the mismanagement of development of this game for any new players who decide to "wander by".
Its not like anybody in UbiSoft is even monitoring this forum, unless they want to get slapped silly by incompetence.

Would you like to be invited to my MQEL cancellation party?

XaeroTheHero
10-08-2015, 04:13 AM
Perhaps I should be more specific then, Nvidia DirectX supported drivers as they apply within the context.
MQEL built using the Unity3D Engine requires the user to have DirectX9 installed for a reason.
If the game is using OpenGL why does the developers require DirectX 9?
Perhaps because the game still uses some of the library files? Hmmm?
We all know that the game used MicroSoft.NET Framework support to build their diagnostic program.

Recommended System Requirements (direct from UbiSoft):

Operating System: Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 (32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core2Duo E6400 @ 2.1 GHz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ @ 2.3 GHz
RAM: 4GB or more for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Video card: NVidia GeForce GTX 460 or better / AMD Radeon HD5850 or better
DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Internet connexion: DSL 512 kbps

There were incompatibilities, and STILL are, but I only speak for nVidia.
There was very little effort to address any of the problems outside of the server code problems (non-graphics card related, so we dont get "wires crossed again" although I am enjoying the sparks now, so if you want to tag along fine).

Separately, if you have ever experienced, "The game has exited unexpectedly" (which I am sure you have), that was a result of game coding not graphics isues which is separate, and even internet port issues during a long game session.
The bottom line is the code is a mess, and you already know that.
There is so much left over garbage from earlier iterations of development, nobody on the FINAL development team even really knew what came before them.
All this for a "crash course" in the mismanagement of development of this game for any new players who decide to "wander by".
Its not like anybody in UbiSoft is even monitoring this forum, unless they want to get slapped silly by incompetence.

Would you like to be invited to my MQEL cancellation party?

You always say that Ubisoft knows nothing about their own game and that they make everything wrong, but all of the sudden you trust that system requirements you took from their site is correct? Okay man... It's a template they cut and paste for all their games. Unity3D compiled games does not need OpenGL installed on your computer, it comes bundled.

Qet86
10-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Having this similar issue aswell, which I posted in a different thread, as I couldn't find this one when I posted, but been reading around abit. Mine dosen't actually close itself, I have to manyally terminate the process, also my game ONLY crashes when Attacking other players, it works like a charm when fixing/validating my own castle and when raiding the AI-controlled Castles. But as soon as I attack another player, it takes 5sec up to 2 minutes before the game completely freezes up, except for the sound that just goes into some kind of slowmotion-mode.

Edit : So it apparently dosen't even work in AI-Castles either, my third AI castle crashed the game. Tho it crashes on 1 Player-Castle.

Second Edit : (I run the game through steam) After I used the diagnostics tool, I could choose to remove the latest patch or what ever it said, I did so and had to update the game once again - When I came into the game I had to change all settings etc but as of 4 castles later, Im not crashing anymore, hope it's permanent and could help others :)