PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire in campaign?

the_pool_guy
04-20-2004, 07:00 AM
Hey people,

I am new here so be gentle with me!

I have BOE and AEP and I was wondering if the Spitfire can be used in one of the campaign modes as I prefer offline to online play.

Any advice for me?

Many thanks.

Forgotten Battles changed my life...

the_pool_guy
04-20-2004, 07:00 AM
Hey people,

I have BOE and AEP and I was wondering if the Spitfire can be used in one of the campaign modes as I prefer offline to online play.

Any advice for me?

Many thanks.

Zeus-cat
04-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Since you have BOE be patient. I have heard that the makers of BOE will add campaigns for a number of the Aces aircraft after the next patch. They need the Aces patch to add a few planes to their on-line and off-line campaigns. They also said their patch will follow the Aces patch by only a few days. They need a few days to add the planes and then test it to make sure it works.

Zeus-cat

Sam_the_greek
04-20-2004, 09:13 AM
There is al campaign for the spitfire. I'm currently playing it. Start a Russian fighter campaign and select Kuban '43. Select the spitfire and you're on your way. ENJOY!!

leadbaloon
04-20-2004, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by the_pool_guy:
Hey people,

Any advice for me?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave now while you've still got your sanity

the_pool_guy
04-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Nah, I am staying! Thanks for your kind help.

I also have another question. I am fighting in a Me109 in the BOE campaign. In one such mission I have to protect my airfield from maurading American fighters. I take off and down one or two but my airfield is attacked and I lose the mission. Constantly! As I lost the mission, I have to replay and replay. Is there any way I can go on to further missions, even though I lost that particular bout?

I love BOE.

I love AER.

leadbaloon
04-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Well on your head be it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

There is a way, but you'll have to start a new campaign. Go to settings at the beginning of the campaign and click the switch marked No Instant Mission Success, then you succeed in the mission as soon as it begins. Then all you have to do survive the mission to move on.

the_pool_guy
04-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks fellah!

Is this something that you recommend? If I go for this option, will I be promoted quicker? Realistically, if I lose the mission but survive, I want to continue without having to restart.

Damn it - got ten kills so far too.

Sam_the_greek
04-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Ya won't get promoted any sooner. You just fly the mission, but you can quit anytime ya won't and still have a succesfull mission. This option comes in handy when you have problems the one you're having.

Udidtoo
04-20-2004, 11:00 AM
If you play most or entirely offline as I do and you wish to continue into the campaigns earning promotions instead of just granting yourself hi rank you are almost forced to check this feature.

At 1st I gave into the people here who said you ain't simmin unless all the easy stuff is off,all the harder stuff turned on.

Now, I always have no instant success disabled for a rather simple reason. I always generate my missions with the lowest rank for my pilot.

That means that you start at the rear of the take off line. The DCG will consistently generate a mission in which your airfield is under sudden attack. You will die sitting on idle.....alot(thats for the guy who hates the word alot http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)Unless you can skoot to the outside of the line and take off across a field.

Now if I am attacking I will try and disable the lead plane on the runway,only makes sense.

Guess which one the AI almost always goes for?

It just takes a strong will not to use the button on a mission thats tough but doable. The die on idle missions I just refuse to count as you are a ground kill waiting to happen.

Did it happen in real life...I'm sure. I'm equally sure that if you delete a pilot upon death as I do you will never achieve more than 10 to 20 missions before your back to square 1

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.

leadbaloon
04-20-2004, 11:47 AM
I play 99.5% offline, and always play so that if I survive I move on. It adds to the immersion for me, I couldn't imagine that if you failed to intercept a load of ground attack aircraft before they hit your troops you'd have to go out and do it again, with the enemy obligingly coming in in the same numbers, at the same altitude and from the same direction.

the_pool_guy
04-21-2004, 01:56 AM
Thanks fellahs - that makes sense to me.

Okay, I'll delete my current campaign career and start over again.

Cheers!

bird_brain
04-21-2004, 05:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by the_pool_guy:

Any advice for me?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can add the Spitfire to any campaign you like by adding the Spitfires to the Planes...dat file in the DGen subfolder for that nationality. The syntax for the Spits is a bit obscure as it does not match the others.

SPITFIRE5B
SPITFIRE5BCLP
SPITFIRE5BLF
SPITFIRE5BLFCLP

Add these lines to the files and you will have the spitfire. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You can add other planes too. For those, just look at how they are names in the Paintschenes folders.

BTY, Welcome to the group. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://hstrial-jyarbrough.homestead.com/Jug.jpg

"Go in close, and then when you think you are too close, go on in closer."
Major Tommy McGuire, USAAF ~ 38 victories in the PTO

the_pool_guy
04-21-2004, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I plan to stay here! Thank you for having me.