PDA

View Full Version : For Future Patches

broui
10-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Greetings.

It's time to be constructive. Most of which I'm about to discuss is not bug related (though I'll cover the ones I experience below) but instead are comments and suggestions for the game that I think will make a difference for the better.

If other players are interested in contributing to a constructive post, I would be happy to add any input received to my list. The key word here is "constructive". Don't have time for anyone's negative $#%*@. Thanks.

Suggestions and Comments

1.) More artifact slots needed.
A. Pouch or Backpack (3 slots) There are those kinds of items (purse of gold, any resource producing item, etc) that do not need to be held all the time to be used. They ought to be in a pouch on the belt or simply active but in the backpack. I suggest 3 such pouches.
B. Rings. (2 slots) It shouldn't be a matter of a choice between a glove/gauntlet or a ring. A ring can be on the finger and the hand can still wear a glove. I'd suggest 2 being a max for the rings, but should be separate slots than the glove.

2.) Starting bonuses. In Heroes past, at the start of each map, we could choose between 3 starting bonuses - usually more creatures, resources or an artifact. No reason that should have gone away.

3.) Dynasty Traits (up to 5). Call them something else because the whole Dynasty thing is over, but the idea was a good one and welcome.

4.) "One or more Heroes still has movement. Are you sure you want to end your turn?" Please save us from boneheaded, accidental day ending.

5.) Air Elementals. I like the strike and return but feel the lightening is missing. How about a small % chance of a lightening strike and even smaller chance of Chain Lightening upon melee attacks.

6.) Heropedia. Cool and necessary. Woefully incomplete. Need a good deal of game mechanics in there. I still don't have a handle on most of the faction specific skills (Meta Magic, Blood Fury, etc). A more in-depth description in the Heropedia (as well as other aspects of the game) would be welcome.

7.) Make Campaign and Scenario Heroes available once completed. Ultimately, the more heroes available, the better. H6 was actually best with this.

8.) Skill Wheel. Every Hero should have a different set of skills available, none with the exact same 10. Solmyr proves this. Variety my friends. Variety.

9.) Skill Pizza too limiting unless there is a great deal more variety within each class (see #8). So either allow for some truly random skilling with some of the skills not essential to a given class, or mix them up like I suggest with #8.

10.) Specializations. I don't think they're bad per se. I just think they could be more. Consider Edric. Dire wolf affinity so +1 per week. Maybe at level 5, the Dire wolves get +1 initiative, and Level 10 they get speed, and level 15, they get an attack bonus and so on. You get the idea. Leveling up is one of those essential experiences with Heroes. So adding to the fun of leveling up is a win for everyone.

11.) Increase the pool of Neutrals to include most (if not all) the Ashan creatures not represented yet. I've put that out there before. For many, you can simply recycle. For the H5 creatures you couldn't but still. More neutrals = more variety. Improved with Patch 1.5.

12.) Expansion. Down the road, should an expansion or two come our way, realize that most people would want the old Sanctuary (which suffers simply because it was associated with H6), Inferno and Fortress factions. But should you consider a new one (always welcome) you've laid the foundation for some sort of Shantiri faction....

13.) Campaign: Some flags are too pale and are hard to distinguish from white. Please adjust.

14.) Hero Route Adjustments. If I set a runner hero to meet up with another hero to pass creatures, that runner's route ought to adjust as the other hero moves on. I shouldn't have to reset the route each turn.

15.) Health Bars This one is requested by my wife so of course she is right. ;) Health bars for creatures on the battle fields and the ability to know how many we've lost.

16.) Minimap. Garrisons and Towns look the same on the minimap.

17.) Necropolis faction really needs a 2nd shooter.

18.) Merging troops. Down arrow button for combining troops. Improved

19.) Battle maps. Obstacles (rocks, walls, etc) should change from battle to battle. (bridge should move, rock should move, etc. Improved.

20.) Creatures on the Adventure map. Creatures should periodically respawn (week of).

21.) Zoom. Adjust zoom so that we can get closer.

22.) Scale. Town size appears far too small on the adventure map.

23.) "Team Colors" More "team color" options.

24.) (from Nanni82) Hero movement on map: I find it difficult sometimes to move my heroes on the map: some mouse clicks are ignored (or the hero stops moving after a few steps) and some resources are difficult to gather (see point 2). Personally I miss the very useful horse-shaped mouse pointer that indicated which areas of the map were "walkable" and which were "activable". It was typical of every heroes game to the point that I began to consider it as a part of the lore http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/smile.png
Now we have the "gauntlet" pointer to indicate where to go and the "grabbing gauntlet" to indicate what to activate...

25.) (from Nanni82) Camera: I've experienced some situations in which it's very difficult to gather resources... I had to find the perfect angle and zoom in order to make the "gathering gauntlet" pointer appear because the goodie was covered by trees or similar obstacles. Possible solutions: Camera rotation? Transparency to let the player see covered collectibles, and to make their gathering easier? any other ideas?

~
26) Remove level cap. Totally unnecessary. If a campaign map requires it, put it in. Same with a scenario. Otherwise, there is no real reason to have it. It's limiting for the sake of limiting. 10 skills on the wheel to develop. Allow it. If the map warrants it, if it is achievable, then why artificially stop the leveling?

27) Melee for shooters. Shooters can`t engage in melee if I want them to.

28) Neutral Stacks. neutral monsters` number of stacks doesn`t change depending on hero army.

Before every creature had a power rating so there was a formula based on number of creatures in the neutral army and that in the hero. Also level of hero added some percentages to one side of the equation regardless of hero skills.

29) Towns don`t have special effect like they did in heroes5 (increase level 3 production by 1, give 2 mercury at the start of the week)

30) Battle sites should be improved. (See Natalia's analysis later in this post) Improved some

31) Tutorial!!! Seems an obvious need there. In addition, expand the Heropedia. Improved

32) Forts. Make forts selectable (clickable), without the need for a hero to be present there. Unless I missed something, I couldn't select a fort in one of the Stronghold campaigns without having a hero there, to order a caravan from another fort. Maybe it was a map design, but it doesn't seem consistent with the way cities behave. *** Okay, technically you can click on the flag above the fort and get in there without a hero, but this is far from intuitive.

33) Troops in battle. Make the game remember my unit arrangement in Tactical Combats. Note: It does remember it, but if I Quick Combat a battle, it will overwrite my arrangement with the AI´s for the next battle. Avoid that, please. Also, if you add troops from something other than town. Also when battlefield size changes from battle to battle.

34.) Hero Creation. I've seen this one a few times - there are those that want the ability to create their own hero.

35.) Subtitles for ALL voiced dialogue in the campaigns or otherwise.

36) Boats. Heroes should use up all remaining movement when getting on a boat unless they have Navigation.

37.) Whirlpools should take some troops each time unless the Hero has Navigation.

38) AI behavior. Suggestion: When improving AI, consider a more "Civilization" approach and have the AI behave with differing "personalities". "Imperialist" "Strong Defense" "Explorer" and so on.

39.) Embolden the colors. There are numerous screen shots out there where fans have made those adjustments and they really do improve the look. :D

40.) Creature Scale. If a fan can tweek the scale of the creatures, so can you.

41) Regen and Heal should resurrect a small amount of creatures IF hero is a Master or GM in the right skills.

42.) In between turns. Allow us to acquire more info while AI has their turns.

43. ) Editor. Make Editor more user friendly.

44.) AI. Continue to improve AI smarts and speed. Speed is improved. Intelligence is not. Why does the AI hire so many useless heroes?

45.) Kingdom Overview - An old feature that allowed you to call up one page in town that would show creature growth #s and income, etc.

46.) Max mana if hero stays in town over night.

47.) "Largest Army". Thieves Guild has too limited info. Allow for ranking of army size.

48.) Hot Seat. A Clear sound fx for it being a new turn in Hot Seat.

49.) Map Selection. When choosing a map, we ought to be able to know if there is an underground/see it on the screen next to the surface shot.

50) Boats. Unless a Hero is a Naga or has the skill "Navigation", it should use up movement for the day to embark or disembark from a boat.

51) Pixies and Dryads are too similar. Give Pixies the spell "Wasp Swarm" which does a small amount of damage, but can distract shooters for a round (so they can't shoot).

52.) Editor. Too few parameters available when setting up an RMG map.

53.) More Maps. You provided about half as many skirmish/scenario maps upon release as would be reasonable to expect. While the longevity of this game will depend in large part on fan made maps, it is you who know this software the best and in many ways, these provided maps should/could showcase all the game can do. Improving but we should still have more.

54.) Neutral creature dwellings need to be more distinctive. The "tent" or whatever that holds Griffins and Gold Dragons (presumably at least loosely allied) should look considerably different than the Lilams camp or the Shantiri creatures camp.

55.) Hero adjustment. New hero, "Ivor?" specializes in ballista but can only reach Expert in Warfare. Lethos does not have Earth Magic but poisons creatures? Another hero is fire magic specialized but can only reach Expert. These are but a few examples of heroes that need a little more thought put into them.

Bugs

1. 3 crashes on start up (Windows 10) in 41 hours. *** Game will sometimes crash "not responding" on start up. Restarting usually works though.

2. Editor simply gets stuck, unresponsive. As of patch 1.3, this is still true. Occasionally, with great patience, I find that it recovers for a while but making any changes on a RMG map is nigh impossible.

3. Heroes glide rather than gallop on the adventure screen. (Improved)

4. When battle field is a different size than the previous one OR there were additional creatures since the last battle, some creatures seem to disappear, becoming unavailable for the fight. They return after the fight. Some times if I move the creatures around, the missing return.

5. AI still pretty slow - not Beta 2 slow, but slow. (Much improved)

6. AI is often not picking up resources or taking already flagged mines.

7.) Sound drops. Sometimes music. Sometimes creature effects. Sometimes all of it. (Improved)
8.) (from a Fyrestorme post - I get this too) If I have several creature stacks in my castle, and several in my hero, i move my hero inside my castle to stack ontop of the creatures there and it completely rearranges the troops in my hero http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/frown.png Why? Please don't do this.

9) (From Fyrestorme - I get this too) Also, when you do anything with adding troops to your hero, upgrading troops in your hero, or whatever, it changes your combat formation, so every time you have to rearrange your troops in combat before starting..annoying!

10) (from Nanni82) Camera after a fight: when the camera zooms out after a fight I always experience a 1 second "lag" (let's call it that way) in which no keyboard or mouse command is processed, although it looks like the zoom-out sequence has ended...

11) Had 2 Heroes close to each other. Ported one Home to the city for creature restock. To my surprise the other hero could still do a Trade with the ported hero on the location where the first hero ported from. In doing so the ported hero retuned to that location. Pretty Gamebreaking if you ask me :P *** (haven't seen this one myself)

12) Item Stats (+Might i.e.) dont apply immidiatly when you exchange them. But seems to be just an display issue.

13) Flags of defeated heroes stay up on radar. Seemingly fixed.

14) Life Drain doesn't seem to work.(Improved)

15) My specifically named saved games disappear. I can access the game close to where I was via autosave, but the other disappears. Also, it claims it can't sync with the cloud.

16) In quick battles "arcane knowledge" set to 0. This means that heroes missed about 40 spell power for perks like "air wisdom" and leads to might>>>>>magic
The results can be seen in movie here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...n-in-this-game (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1303005-How-rekt-have-you-gotten-in-this-game) ,
The numbers of damage for spells and buffs amounts are too low because of this bug

(cheked spell formulas and its seems that it has no impact on spells but its still set to 0.)

17) It is no longer clear if the Dryads' ability is working.

18.) Not all quests are "tracked" on the minimaps of campaigns - meaning markers are not always present.

19.) as of patch 1.3 perk "hide" from master of malassa is broken, worked before patch 1.3

20.) In battles, it will tell me that the Landsknecht's sweep will hit more than one stack but then only attack one.

21.) Game did not register my winning the Sylvan campaign. Seems I'll have to do map 4 over again.

22.) Healing Tent or Sister will say they'll resurrect a number of creature, but doesn't.

Paroxuno
10-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Definitely more slots, ring & gauntlets should be separate, or at least multiple slots.

Rakshasa Raja's need to hit any enemy square touching them, they are pretty terrible at hitting multiple people currently.

More heroes or heroes are not locked in once recruited. In my 8 player game VS the computer, I didn't hire very many heroes early on (only 3) and towards the end there were no more heroes to recruit, I could not get up to 8. I had defeated 1 computer player and killed all but 1 of the next computer player, which means there should be plenty of heroes available, but none showed up for me to hire. It seems that once they have been hired by a player, they will never be available to another player. That was the beauty of earlier versions, kill a hero, then hire him later.

broui
10-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Definitely more slots, ring & gauntlets should be separate, or at least multiple slots.

Rakshasa Raja's need to hit any enemy square touching them, they are pretty terrible at hitting multiple people currently.

More heroes or heroes are not locked in once recruited. In my 8 player game VS the computer, I didn't hire very many heroes early on (only 3) and towards the end there were no more heroes to recruit, I could not get up to 8. I had defeated 1 computer player and killed all but 1 of the next computer player, which means there should be plenty of heroes available, but none showed up for me to hire. It seems that once they have been hired by a player, they will never be available to another player. That was the beauty of earlier versions, kill a hero, then hire him later.

Yep. It feels more like a bug than design.

PewSquare
10-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Honestly, lets just wait out the patches that are fixing things. If there are still artists in the dev team (which i doubt at this point), they should be focusing on improving the UI.

Its not that the ui is the worst there is, its not really good. Its actually pretty bad, and the styles of different menus clash pretty badly at times.

For the artists that work with 3d models? Something like what you said, maybe reuse some older units and just bring them up to date, can be used as neutrals, or for a future town (no inferno sucks).

The artifacts should stay, they are powerfull enough already, no need to add more slots. For most of the ones that bring added gold/ore/resources you can dump on alt heroes that are there to pick up things.

broui
10-06-2015, 12:55 AM
Honestly, lets just wait out the patches that are fixing things. If there are still artists in the dev team (which i doubt at this point), they should be focusing on improving the UI.

Its not that the ui is the worst there is, its not really good. Its actually pretty bad, and the styles of different menus clash pretty badly at times.

For the artists that work with 3d models? Something like what you said, maybe reuse some older units and just bring them up to date, can be used as neutrals, or for a future town (no inferno sucks).

The artifacts should stay, they are powerfull enough already, no need to add more slots. For most of the ones that bring added gold/ore/resources you can dump on alt heroes that are there to pick up things.

Respectfully, PewSquare, among the purposes for doing this are to A) focus on something constructive and more importantly, B) last time around with H6 all they did was scramble trying to fix the game and lost sight of the long term vision of it. These are smart people. They can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Wintermist
10-06-2015, 06:14 AM
Personally here, I think the graphics is great, I never saw a need to change anything. "Don't fix what isn't broken" thing. The only thing I still don't like is that the town screen still isn't 3D, I love how it was in HoMM5, spinning the town around having a look. This is where they really could have improved by going back to 3D again, and add people (beasts, whatever) moving around looking busy.

PewSquare
10-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Respectfully, PewSquare, among the purposes for doing this are to A) focus on something constructive and more importantly, B) last time around with H6 all they did was scramble trying to fix the game and lost sight of the long term vision of it. These are smart people. They can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Fair enough, i guess i don't give them enough credit after they shipped a game in this state. Its clear that a ton has to be done. Lets just hope they are willing to work fast and hard on it, because i doubt ubisoft is going to be funding them for a lot longer.

Nanni82
10-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Hello,
I'd like to add my 2 cents, if I may.

Improvements:

1) Hero movement on map: I find it difficult sometimes to move my heroes on the map: some mouse clicks are ignored (or the hero stops moving after a few steps) and some resources are difficult to gather (see point 2). Personally I miss the very useful horse-shaped mouse pointer that indicated which areas of the map were "walkable" and which were "activable". It was typical of every heroes game to the point that I began to consider it as a part of the lore :)
Now we have the "gauntlet" pointer to indicate where to go and the "grabbing gauntlet" to indicate what to activate...

2) Camera: I've experienced some situations in which it's very difficult to gather resources... I had to find the perfect angle and zoom in order to make the "gathering gauntlet" pointer appear because the goodie was covered by trees or similar obstacles. Possible solutions: Camera rotation? Transparency to let the player see covered collectibles, and to make their gathering easier? any other ideas?

Bugs:

3) Camera after a fight: when the camera zooms out after a fight I always experience a 1 second "lag" (let's call it that way) in which no keyboard or mouse command is processed, although it looks like the zoom-out sequence has ended...

I agree with everything it has already been pointed out...

Hope it helps,
Bye

MMHAwS
10-06-2015, 10:34 AM
3.) Dynasty Traits (up to 5). Call them something else because the whole Dynasty thing is over, but the idea was a good one and welcome.

Nope!

We play multiplayer almost every time..., the dynasty traits/ weapons everything just broke the balance of the game. (I could creep even the "deadly" enemies on the map wiht no losses at the first week/ day). So please don't want these back.
We always played with this setting "OFF".

lotoreo1
10-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Thats a very neat list, hope the devs read it!

Antalyan
10-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Most of broui´s original ideas are right according to me and we should definitely get them! Listen, Ubi!

NataliaDrumeva
10-06-2015, 05:36 PM
2) It gave before gold, precious resource, artifact . Creatures were in campaigns only.

24) Most easily fixable issue - remove level cap

25) Shooters can`t engage in melee if I want them to.

Those two above are easily fixable just the developers need to have time for that.

26) neutral monsters` number of stacks doesn`t change depending on hero army.

Before every creature had a power rating so there was a formula based on number of creatures in the neutral army and that in the hero. Also level of hero added some percentages to one side of the equation regardless of hero skills.

27)Towns don`t have special effect like they did in heroes5 (increase level 3 production by 1, give 2 mercury at the start of the week)

28) Battle sites are a total mess.

Elemental Forge
army 1 - 8 of each elemental
army 2 - 10 of each elemental
army 3 - 12 of each elemental

In heroes 5 they were 5-10-15-20 which gave more and more resources. Now all rewards are the same and same for resources. Further problem is we can mod only predefined army -> artifact reward but resources stay the same for all armies.

Dangerous cave
only one army..10 Sand Wyverns 1 Cyclops 1 Behemoth. I like the theme here maybe because my favorite faction is Stronghold. Regarding modding we have a problem again because we can`t add more predefined armies.

Something is very wrong there..

Dragon Utopia
Green Dragon(Emerald)
Bone Dragon(Spectal)
Shadow Dragon
Gold Dragon

army 1 = [6,4,3,2] army 2= [6,4,4,2] army 3= [7,6,5,3] Second and third army have upgraded versions.

Here you got more creative and the armies really grow but not much. Army 3 has 5 more dragons than army 2 while the other has only one dragon more. With this variety in dragons I suggest you make one Gold Dragonish utopia, one Emerald Dragonish etc. and also increase number of dragons a bit. This will be very diverse. By Gold Dragonish I mean 12 Gold Dragons 4 Emeralds 3 Shadow Dragons 3 Spectrals. Rewards stay the same for all armies..what a shame and moreover everybody here knows the feeling to get two relics from utopia and your reward stays the same for all armies: 1 relic 1 major 1 minor and 2 scrolls

Shantiri Ruins

4 x 120 Shantiri golems
2 x 5 Shantiri Titans
Same as dangerous cave - only one prefixed army, can`t mod ..

Haunted Ruins

3 x 150 Skeletons
1 x 200 Skeleton Hoplites
2 x 200 Ghosts
1 x 10 Vampires

Same as above..

Crusader Commandery

2 x 50 Sentinel
1 x 50 Legionnaire
1 x 50 Crossbowmen
1 x 30 Dire Wolf
1 x 15 Guardian

Same as above but at least here we can mod and add more armies.

To sum up I saw many people sharing my opinion that these should be changed I hope you will listen to us and make the appropriate changes.

Regardless modding... let`s hope we won`t need modding but even in the basic editor we need the option to hide army/rewards. Then next important issue is that resources can`t be scaled and the last is to give us opportunity to add more predef. armies to the sites which currently don`t have.

broui
10-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Updated to reflect feedback. Keep it coming folks!

zachiah
10-07-2015, 04:18 PM
add subtitles to scenes that do not already have text.

zachiah
10-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Indicate if a city can, or cannot be upgrade. I past versions you could tell at a glance if you could upgrade a city. Now you have to go to each city and check what has/has not been built.

I would change it so that the icon on the screen be as follows: Green - upgrade available... Red - Upgrade available, lacking resource. This would exclude the tear of asha upgrade..... Grey - fully upgraded/already done for turn.

wolfing1
10-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Just two notes:
- Dynasty anything: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I don't want the fact that I'm online or offline affect my gameplay.
- Ability to see creatures health in tactical map. I believe you can already do that, I know I turned it on but then turned it back off because the health bars were too big for my taste.

Also I think you missed the most important thing missing IMHO: A popup warning you that one of your towns can build something and you didn't build anything this turn. I forget to build something like half the turns because I'm too involved in checking my heroes that I forget the town.

abishia
10-07-2015, 07:29 PM
I really love Destiny from Heroes 6.

anyway when can we expect a DLC because i love Heroes 7.

jakhalso
10-07-2015, 08:00 PM
I cannot relate to most of these "improvements". I like the simple adjustments such as showing hoe many troops are lost but rly, necropolis dont need a 2 nd shooter for instance. I dont wanna go in the detail of every idea but i hope this wont make it to the game, but thats just my opinion.

broui
10-08-2015, 12:33 AM
I cannot relate to most of these "improvements". I like the simple adjustments such as showing hoe many troops are lost but rly, necropolis dont need a 2 nd shooter for instance. I dont wanna go in the detail of every idea but i hope this wont make it to the game, but thats just my opinion.

Few if any invented by fans here. The overwhelming majority is stuff that has been successful in past versions of Heroes. The skill wheel idea being an exception because so far this seems like an idea that needs development. Specializations too. Other than those, it's tried and true stuff for the most part.

Bob__Gnarly
10-08-2015, 01:29 AM
Indicate if a city can, or cannot be upgrade. I past versions you could tell at a glance if you could upgrade a city. Now you have to go to each city and check what has/has not been built.

I would change it so that the icon on the screen be as follows: Green - upgrade available... Red - Upgrade available, lacking resource. This would exclude the tear of asha upgrade..... Grey - fully upgraded/already done for turn.

There are already icons on the left hand side next to each of your towns you own that already indicate this.

The icon is green if you can upgrade and red or grey if not. Can't remember the exact colours, but it's already in game.

LordGorchnik
10-08-2015, 01:36 AM
Thats a very neat list, hope the devs read it!

Hahahaha. I mean I would love that too but who are we kidding. Great suggestions OP but I fear they will be falling on deaf ears.

Quique30
10-08-2015, 03:00 PM
* A tutorial explaining all the features in the game. I can't tell you how much time I wasted trying to find out how to "dig" the Tear of Asha.

* Make forts selectable (clickable), without the need for a hero to be present there. Unless I missed something, I couldn't select a fort in one of the Stronghold campaigns without having a hero there, to order a caravan from another fort. Maybe it was a map design, but it doesn't seem consistent with the way cities behave.

* Make the game remember my unit arrangement in Tactical Combats. Note: It does remember it, but if I Quick Combat a battle, it will overwrite my arrangement with the AI´s for the next battle. Avoid that, please.

These are the ones I can remember, for now. I'll post more in the future.

Raisti1
10-08-2015, 03:25 PM
@broi

Healthbars seem to be already included.

There are many complains against creature sizes in battles. Creatures are actually too little or sometimes almost invisible (especially when health bars are turned on)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/490121928362831394/

But dont ask me how to activate them.

As for Bugs i can provide some more :D

1) Had 2 Heroes close to each other. Ported one Home to the city for creature restock. To my surprise the other hero could still do a Trade with the ported hero on the location where the first hero ported from. In doing so the ported hero retuned to that location. Pretty Gamebreaking if you ask me :P

2) Item Stats (+Might i.e.) dont apply immidiatly when you exchange them. But seems to be just an display issue.

3) Flags of defeated heroes stay up on radar

Quique30
10-08-2015, 03:41 PM
@broi

Healthbars seem to be already included.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/490121928362831394/

But dont ask me how to activate them.

Alt+H, IIRC. A good way to find out what you can do, is to check the keybind settings.

EL-Diablo-
10-08-2015, 04:40 PM
nice list, but I s missing the option to create your own hero

broui
10-08-2015, 05:06 PM
* A tutorial explaining all the features in the game. I can't tell you how much time I wasted trying to find out how to "dig" the Tear of Asha.

* Make forts selectable (clickable), without the need for a hero to be present there. Unless I missed something, I couldn't select a fort in one of the Stronghold campaigns without having a hero there, to order a caravan from another fort. Maybe it was a map design, but it doesn't seem consistent with the way cities behave.

* Make the game remember my unit arrangement in Tactical Combats. Note: It does remember it, but if I Quick Combat a battle, it will overwrite my arrangement with the AI´s for the next battle. Avoid that, please.

These are the ones I can remember, for now. I'll post more in the future.

I will include these. As to the fort - click on the flag and you can open up the screen. Not very intuitive, but I figured that one out by accident. Ought to be easier.

Antalyan
10-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Great feedback, broui.

You should join the UbiLimbic team ;)

Hopefully devs will listen and implement/fix most of the features you decribed.

NataliaDrumeva
10-08-2015, 08:02 PM
they messed artifact merchant too. In editor tested and one time I got 3 relics and the other time it was full of minors and scrolls... Super balanced .

One guy here said about building possiblities and color and there is :
green = can be built
red = no resources
gray = already built

broui
10-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Updated. Bump.

Black_Weaver
10-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Good job broui, let me join.

First, I want to pay attention on bugs with skills and creature abilities. They are the most annoying bugs in the game (you found a great strategy, but you just can't use it because creatures abilities that it's based on don't work properly!)
1) For example justicar. Great and super useful unit. But if she is under legionnaire's defence, she doesn't retaliate to enemy attacks. Her own ability works only in one case out of three.
2) Druid elder ability "Thorns" doesn't work.
3) Celestial' resurrection doesn't work properly.
4) Dragons don't use their breath when doing a critical hit.
5) Swordmaster' ability "Indomitable" doesn't work properly.
The same problem is with skills (for examle Prime magic' GM). Please fix this all.

Now concerning suggestions.
1) Lilim was a flying creature in H6, but in H7 she can't fly.
2) Elementals should be elementals. Right now they are living creatures (life drain, poison etc can affect them).
3) There are no forbidden magic school for Sylvan towns, I guess Fire magic should be.
4) I want the starsilver from beta 1 back, I don't like its new look.

elshaz
10-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Hello all. Long time heroes fan here. I would just like to add back a few more things that I think would make the game better:

1. I miss the Kingdom overview screen which neatly showed your creature growths, incomes etc.
2. I miss the fact that you used to be able to fill up to max mana by spending a day in town
3. Definitely miss the bonus resources at the start as someone else pointed out (I used to love that random starting artifact!)
4. I would appreciate a general spell book somewhere so that new players would have a good idea of what spells were available in each school before they chose one to have an extra chance of getting when you build your mage guild. Also that place ought to explain the spells somewhat in terms of their damage or utility power.
5. I miss the 'largest army' thing from older games as it gave you a sense of who was in the lead.
6. I miss the awesome and clear sound effect at the beginning of each new turn in Hot Seat play (e.g. from Homm 3) - somehow it made the experience richer.
7. I miss the colours of the player showing the centre of the screen when it was their turn in Hot Seat.
8. I miss ammo carts! I know most people don't like them but I thought they were a cool tactical thing. Range seems way too overpowered now.

As a counter point to what someone said earlier in regard to max levels of hero abilities I think this is a good thing and should stay. It forces you to make tough choices about what you can and can't get and thus makes games unique as you try out new strategies (as opposed to simply building to the same uber hero each time. The entire Mass Effect series used limited skill levelling options brilliantly to force these hard choices too.

But all the new cool stuff you've put into this game I am exceedingly thankful for. Great job =)

broui
10-16-2015, 02:52 PM
Bump after editing.

victorash
10-16-2015, 04:15 PM
​Here are my suggestions for the game till now (I didn’t read what is posted here so I might be repeating them):
1. Make available more sorting maps options – by size, players, etc. For example if you choose to sort the maps by:
- size = you see all maps but you can arrange them in order – first in the list will be small, then medium and so on.
- players: first in the list could be the maps with 2 player, then 3, etc. or the other way around - first the 8 player, then 7, etc
This is especially useful for later when the fan maps will appear and you’ll want to find faster what you want to play.
You can implement this option like this: where now it write Size or Players would be clickable buttons. When you click on them you arrange maps using that criteria.

2. Make available the option to see if a map has underground before starting the map.

3. Make available info (on double click) for the hero that is in the garrison.

4. Make available to auto-skip the starting movie of the game.

5. Implement this feature that was in Heroes 6 from what I remember – being able to turn camera around left and right while holing right click. For now I have to work combined keys + mouse

6. During battles make available this info when right click on the unit – what was the initial stack number. For now I have to memorize that in order to know when/how much to use heal spell

7. Give us something to do during opponents turn. Meaning the ability to inspect town, buildings, heroes, etc. in order to plan out next moves. And make this available even when the opponent is engaging into battle (there is no need to see his turn).

8. Battle deployment phase - being able to zoom out in order to see all the battlefield’s obstacle.

VodevilX
10-16-2015, 06:05 PM
It'd be great if the game's loading times got better. It takes much time, even on a powerhouse PC to start up the game, and then load up your save.

HP bars!!! Checkbox option needed in the settings, not some hidden shortcut... Also it needs to be reworked, since it is HUGE, when you zoom out it hides everything, you can not see the unit stack count

Also +1 for the Kingdom Overview window!!! It's a must!

Jolrael23
10-16-2015, 09:35 PM
Great list OP.
Hope they listen to suggestions.
Games live longer if publishers do ;)

oh and shootes unavailable to go to melee is definitely a bug for me.

Thx and keep it pushed here.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Thanks for compiling this broui and for keeping it updated.

I will pass this along to the development team.

werto1987
10-17-2015, 11:37 AM
if your unit has 2-2 dmg and it gets +1 min dmg it has now 3-2 wich means it will do 3 dmg so its dmg increased by 50%.
After that you maybe find an artefact and get +1 min dmg agin and your unit will do 4 dmg wich is 100% more then base.

Try it out play stronghold take a hero with offensive get the gnolls and upgrade them now skill T1 offensive talent wich adds +1 min dmg and your gnolls will do 50% more dmg.

I think its oke that you try to give us skills so our core creatures will be usfull in late game but i think you should put skills like this at the end in the skill tree so i dont get them on level 2 (if you pick pick a hero like Bilashi)

Hoo_the_fool
10-17-2015, 06:52 PM
+1 for 8, 9, and 10.

masky007
10-17-2015, 11:16 PM
Despite the fact that i was so frustrated i will try to help - since the 1.2 patch the game is at least playable for some (my brother in example) i did not bought the game but played with my brother.. i was so frustrated to that point that i wanted to start kickstarter campaign to buy the rights from Ubi- the post was removed because it was considered defamatory against Ubisoft..
I never really wanted that - i want to buy the game play it and enjoy it! (but unfinished game releases are stepping hard on my nerve).. in the hope of fixing this great game i will share my ideas.

My suggestions:

Functionality:
AA: Random map generator in-game. Without the need to go in the editor and create one - it kills the surprise when you see the map, also its a drag to close the game go to the editor create a map etc.. that really sux - don't forget most gamers are lazy people so.. (with options! like in HoMM V but with improvements as well.. don't leave out important stuff - something like (not able to choose factions on the maps - and all maps generated from the RMG should be able to be played in multiplayer etc as well.).
1. When i right click on a unit/building a window pop ups (i.e. in the world map on a creature, if i try to move my cursor up and see more info about the creatures in the stack the window goes away. Why? We need that information. Maybe i want to check again what kind of abilites and/or base damage has that creature etc.. (the same applies to the town hall screen as well and everywhere else actually.) In short - while i keep my right click down when i hover over an icon that can show info it should add up to the previous.
2. Rotate camera- remember HoMM V? You could rotate the camera really easy with right click - this time make it with a shortcut i.e. while holddown ctrl + rigth click and drag rotate the camera freely.. - it is really hard sometimes to see what is happening.. if this gets implemented i think easy camera reset is also needed i.e. ctrl + middle click resets the camera.
3. Safe end turn (this one has already being mention but ill add to it) - If some of my heroes has movement points, before ending my turn please remind my that i do. Also include an option to put heroe in sleep mode (or camping- how it was called in H3) At some point some heroes become usueless but you don't want to dismiss them or to move with them anymore.. so for those heroes i would like to be able to turn off the "Safe end turn".
4. When in the screen "Hall of heroes" i want to be able to see the skills of the selected Hero right of the bat. Almost always, i need to click Skills (check the skills, and close the window) change another hero and same again for all available heroes for that week - it's highly unintuitive and dull. Plus add an option (i.e. left right arrow to cycle trough the heroes that are available to be bought - also this should work when in the Skills screen as well)

AI
Please make this work - it is a must - it is way to weak even on heroic (also after 1.2 patch)

Graphics:
1. Add an option to adjust and optimize the gamma/contrast etc in game..

Gameplay:
AA Game modes
Get all the old hardcore players back and all the new comers and make most of them happy. I know that since HOMM4, fans split between more conservative ones where they liked how the game was in HOMM3, and those who liked innovation and like to experiment with new tactics, making it real hard for the devs to make all of them happy (made the game victim to its own fans) - so is this problem solvable. YES IT IS! with the introduction of "game modes" in the Heroes series. Since HoMM3 is considered to be the classic and standard of a Heroes game today..
-Legend mode: A heroes game allot close to the original HoMM3 with it's expansions (units, heroes, skills, levelign system, damage formulas etc - say it replica of the last patch of HoMM3 with brand new game engine and graphics in HoMM7) so all the hardcore fans will get to experience the beloved by many HOMM3 game all over again with new skin and lots of new content, with allot of improvements in terms of usability, balancing, optimization, and graphics than it was back in 1999. Once this is done it wont need much work - but should get support - balancing improvment of functionality etc..
-Classic mode: The classic heroes game as you see it now in HoMM7..this is where the inovation can flourish..
-Custom mode: Divide all those options into checked/uncheked (make allot)- let those people who want to play the game as they want.. let them make their own mode pretty easy in-game before starting the map- i.e. some want to have the converting town ability - some don't - you can make them happy if you allow them to choose whilst keeping the main game in Classic mode as you have decided.

most of the stuff i left out in this post was already said in the previous comments - great thread - i hope some good stuff can be learned from this..

advice to Ubi - Do not release unfinished product - why do that? Tons of bad reviews on first release - angry fans.. loosing your reputation - for what? - Say honestly "we need more time to deliver you AAA game as you deserve" and we shall wait months if need be! - you would be surprised that even if you made the game more expensive how many would still bought it - just make it worth it please.

edit: #? Please add links to the units in the Town Hall - so when i want to decide between Transept of Heaven or Halls of Honour i would like to be able to see the units and compare them right there before i build a structire

Ctpitti
10-18-2015, 01:02 AM
My Suggestion : ( I hope are not already been said )

1- More random buff like Heroes 5 e.g 10%HP buff for the troops in the next battle \ the random buff where u can Hit +2 attack for the troops or +2 defense or 1+ movement etc
2- As victorash and more pppl said " being able to turn camera around left and right while holing right click " it works in the Editor i know because i use it :D
3- Fix the editor for make ppl like me happy :p ( is very very hard do map right now )
4-Add more Neutral moobs like Phoenix everybody was totaly scared to see it defendig something
5- FIX the AI is totaly r3tard
6- Well u guys alredy said all :cool:

Ozpa
10-18-2015, 10:37 AM
Just wanted to praise broui for this amazing list, I hope most of it gets implemented soon.

Theselva
10-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Does any other company would be interested in investing in MMDoC ? Best would be for the game to be managed by those interested in it. You can not make a leverage game with a ridiculous management of these . The presentation of new cards last expansion released showed well what it is. Contrary to what had been done, the last expansion was disclosed as if people were at the end of the day. No doubt the BB Momi does not understand anything about the game . Anyway with such stupidity can not but end up as it is now .

Fakirbocko
10-18-2015, 11:04 PM

7. Give us something to do during opponents turn. Meaning the ability to inspect town, buildings, heroes, etc. in order to plan out next moves. And make this available even when the opponent is engaging into battle (there is no need to see his turn).

this pls, i want to read heropedia while i wait :D

broui
10-18-2015, 11:06 PM
Another bump for another update. Thanks for the credit but this list is a team effort here. They don't know what we don't tell them.

WSPhoenixfire
10-18-2015, 11:27 PM
Good list. I agree to all points. The most important one for me is removal of the level cap. I can see that you want a limit on skills, which is fine, but why not just stop skill progression after lvl 30, and then let us have +1 attack/magic when we level up?

And some additional points:

1. Seriously where did all the maps go? I hope you give us additional maps with each patch because the number of playable maps right now is shockingly low.
2. Get rid of level cap :)

There is allot of stuff from Heroes 6 that you got rid off that I think is great. Good riddance. However, some good things was left out, and I't makes the game feel unpolished.

3. Why isnt there any ingame achivements? Heroes 6 had a ton!
4. Whats up with the score screen? It only tells you number of days used? I would at the very minumum see a rank! Then other stats would be satisfactory as well!
5. Can we customice Heroes? I havent found it yet. More Heroes are welcome as well!
6. I really liked the dynasty system, I'm happy its gone, but I would welcome a very light version where you can purchase new heroes or at least perhaps some customization for your profile.

Graphics and UX
7: High res textures please, in city sieges you can se pixels :(
8: Town Screens: I like how they look, and you nailed the music! However, flat design on a painted screen that is supposed to be interactive? I guess the reasoning goes something like "everyone uses menus anyway"? Well now we definitely do! I would need some highlight, and hover with description to see what Im poiting at. Homm 3 nailed this pretty good if you need inspiration!

Bugs:

1. Ice Strike(the spell that applies water damage to attacks): This spell is bugged beyond comprehension. It triggers up to 5 times on one attack sometimes on certain creatures. Try it on the Sylvan Sprite. It even makes the Sprite attack twice for some reason. So with a mastery in water magic and some pixies/sprites you can one shot almost anything. I even killed off Heroic armies that outnumber me 5:1 with this! I suspect that it triggers wrongly in combination with other mechanics, perhaps skills...

wolfing1
10-19-2015, 03:27 AM
Bugs:

1. Ice Strike(the spell that applies water damage to attacks): This spell is bugged beyond comprehension. It triggers up to 5 times on one attack sometimes on certain creatures. Try it on the Sylvan Sprite. It even makes the Sprite attack twice for some reason. So with a mastery in water magic and some pixies/sprites you can one shot almost anything. I even killed off Heroic armies that outnumber me 5:1 with this! I suspect that it triggers wrongly in combination with other mechanics, perhaps skills...
Better report this bug in the Bugs forum. We shouldn't expect them to read every line of every post to see if someone maybe posts a bug/exploit.

NataliaDrumeva
10-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Mentor should be removed at all from skillwheel. This perk was OP before and now we have governer heroes which makes it way too OP.

Valderrama1990
10-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Mentor should be removed at all from skillwheel. This perk was OP before and now we have governer heroes which makes it way too OP.

Its hard to figure out if its OP or not with a multiplayer that doesnt work, so you cant really test it against other players only against bad AI's

Vasily.Tkach
10-21-2015, 10:46 AM
Good thread

Can you add to Suggestions and Comments:
No GM Destiny in game - Need fix to sylvan ranger class as in blog (in game ranger has gm warfare and not gm destiny)
Warfare skill need tuning - as of now good only to place the tripple mark for sylvan, and weak for others

kerbner
10-21-2015, 10:48 AM
- Yes, no level cap.
- Truly random skill wheel (except the class defining and restricted skills)
- Buff weak skills. (warfare, give it some scaling for the end game. A power rating based of city garrison would be nice )
- Option not to restrict some skills to expert level, let us choose witch skill we want to upgrade to grandmaster !
- Better textures and full camera rotations (more zoom and don't block / restrict camera)
I like to look at the units and terrain from up close, in the battlefield and on the adventure map.

VodevilX
10-23-2015, 10:20 AM
The game should remember the last placement of units at the start of a battle!
Now it doesn't save the line up, always starts with default auto deploy, also it should remember those units, I choose not to deploy. Most of the time I can roll with one shooter and one though guy, no need for the others. If i want them, I'll place them, then the game can remember the placement of those aswell, until the next time I choose again not to use them, and remove them from my deployed units.

Vasily.Tkach
10-23-2015, 11:24 AM
to Bugs:

In quick battles "arcane knoledge" set to 0.

perk "hide" from master shroud of malassa not working as patch 1.3

broui
10-29-2015, 11:39 PM
Edit bump.

broui
11-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Another edit bump. It is clear that based on today's (11/4/2015) announcement on the development blog, that we are being paid attention to here. Keep those comments and concerns coming!

Alexander_HMM
11-04-2015, 07:45 PM
It would be great to implement some HUD improvements:

- make ability to move adventure map by pressing and holding left button of the mouse;
- line of portraits on the battle screen (make ability to turn them off) it makes the game feel very cartoonish;
- mini map doesn’t disappear on the town screen (you may display the list of towns on that place);
- hero's artifacts and skill wheel on separate pages (on all “classic” series from 1 to 4 they where on one screen);
- artifacts displaying scheme (around hero profile) is worse than it was before - in H3-4: when for every type of artifact was box that was situated on place where this artifact should be worn eg sward - in the heroes hand etc;

MoritzBradtke
11-05-2015, 01:39 AM
would it be possible to give the supposed to be angel hereos orna and murazil the celestial model of H VI instead of the current, what were u thinking when u gave female heroes male models?

Ondra8923
11-05-2015, 09:55 AM
I would like to ask if it is possible to add some sort of Custom heroes editor directly to game. I would like to create my own characters also in skirmish maps and add them between original 10 heroes in each race which would caused them available to select in another yet created maps (original or custom). Is there anyone else how would be pleased with the option to add custom heroes to original 10 in each faction an thus expand number of heroes in each faction by his own characters playable also in any other maps?

GMnemonic
11-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Ubisoft do what this guy and these people say, they are good designers.

Get some descent experienced map designers AI gameplay mechanics designers in this team and dont be afraid to completely overdo some gameplay systems or art.

next to that please go back to the old resources instead of the hyped branded ones like shadowsteel etc. the old resources had distinctive qualities.

Redo the color and the scale on the adventure map

GMnemonic
11-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Dear developers be brave and repass some flawed sytems entirely, this should've been done before release but fans will be very thankfull to you and it will make a game woth building upon.

Repass..

Scale of buildings trees -> kills immersion like satureation -> use trees of homm 6, texture work they are blend and VERY repetative atm.

Go back to the old resources -> had better quality variety to them

Repass -> every creature on abbilities give them all new ones.
Repass -> Skillwheel system is flawed (random homm5 system)
Repass -> spells
Repass -> AI (in this game there is no AI at all

Biggest flaw of this game is immersion, maps are off in every aspect, theres no cohesion between elements.
Gameplay systems are monotonous -> repass that variety is interresting game.
variety first then balance this is the way to go.

Gyurmacko
11-05-2015, 02:45 PM
The Dungeon skill "Coordination" is bugged. After getting that skill all of my units have double attack no matter if retaliation occures or not. This is a huge balance-breaking bug. Please fix it!

Sussugamon
11-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Hello, broui. Something that grasped my memory regarding a feature I find most alarming is the special weeks. I chose to write here before I forget in the hope that it might have your attention, however I might not know if you'll share the same point of view as mine.

Given that I don't own this game, I cannot list properly all Week Effects, but to name some, I would like to take as examples all those special weeks where:
1. You cannot use ranged attacks;
2. Your troops cannot retaliate;
3. Any week where a whole feature is promptly pruned.

I heard that the number one is called Week of Storms? Something like that. And someone in SC pointed out that, apart from having that name and suffering the effects of not being able to perform ranged attacks, the sky is clear blue.

Regardless how difficult it would be to implement, but more like a brainstorm activity, minding that I'm not fond of this game at all, what I would feel like they could 'fix' with this issue is, then, adding random Weather Effects. A whole week with that penalty is simply too much. But sudden random weather effects could happen every now and then, as a non controllable factor, similar to a global Luck/Misfortune. One of these effects could be Stormy. I think the game weather effects could hint as the likelihood of starting a storm in mid-fight, or blizzard (on snow terrain), dust storm (on sand terrain) etc.

Having a whole week with that penalty is less of adaptable strategy than sudden, more numerous, adaptable circumstances, and pretty much fairer in Multiplayer situations (when Multiplayer starts working, that is).

That's that for now.

broui
11-22-2015, 02:17 AM
Bump after editing and updating after patch 1.5.