PDA

View Full Version : p80 ?? help

fordfan25
03-12-2004, 09:12 PM
just got aep and i have been flying the p80. why doest the jet stop running when i push my throttle wide open some times even when i do it slow like in the me262. also when it does go out half the time i cant restart it.o 1 more thing why do some planes register 100% and some 110% throttel.

fordfan25
03-12-2004, 09:12 PM
just got aep and i have been flying the p80. why doest the jet stop running when i push my throttle wide open some times even when i do it slow like in the me262. also when it does go out half the time i cant restart it.o 1 more thing why do some planes register 100% and some 110% throttel.

FI-Aflak
03-12-2004, 09:16 PM
You gotta be nice to the P-80

We have the YP-80A, a prototype, so no fancy things on the engine such as "the little peice that makes sure it goes"

If you are gentle to the 262, be a hundred times gentler to the P-80. Also, the P-80 will loose engine if you throttle back too quickly.

Go slow. On takeoff hold your brakes until you get the engine up to a respectable RPM.

you CAN airstart the P-80. just keep pressing I until you see the engine starting message.

P-80 and other jets only go to 100% because they don't really have a 110%. On a piston engine you can shove more fuel and air in and make it go faster, but it heats up and explodes if you aren't careful. When you are putting dangerous amounts of fuel and air in, its called >100%.

the safe operating power on a jet as I understand it is limited only by temperature, so the faster you are going (and hence the more cold air going into your intake) the higher power settings you can run. If you put the P-80 at 10,000 feet, you can probably run 100% throttle without overheat if you stay in a shallow dive.

Actually, most of this info is peiced together from things I've heard somewhere, but it might be right.

Thrawn888
03-12-2004, 09:29 PM
that is true, actually a little bit of info on this and the he162, u CAN keep throt on 100% simply because if u go fast ur engine is cool this applies more the the 162 since it goes faster than the p80 but g-lcoks alot mroe and dont have a k4 gunsight.