PDA

View Full Version : Maximum online players possible?

Fangio11
03-17-2004, 08:14 PM
I have flown on the War_Clouds server with 31 players and it seemed to work great from my end. What is the maximum number of online players the game will allow?

IS it possible to have 64 players? Are there any plans to increase the number of online players in one game?

What about the "Holy Grail"... An IL2FB based massive Multiplayer Online Game? Any hope?

Fang

Fangio11
03-17-2004, 08:14 PM
I have flown on the War_Clouds server with 31 players and it seemed to work great from my end. What is the maximum number of online players the game will allow?

IS it possible to have 64 players? Are there any plans to increase the number of online players in one game?

What about the "Holy Grail"... An IL2FB based massive Multiplayer Online Game? Any hope?

Fang

Maj_Death
03-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Absolute max is 32 but it rarely works. Generally servers that big have a fair amount of lag even if all players have excellent connections. 24 is a bit more realistic for maximum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The F7F Tigercat in Aces Over the Pacific is overmodeled.

VFS-22_SPaRX
03-17-2004, 09:38 PM
War_Clouds has more then enough bandwidth and cpu power to handle 32 players. What happens is that some of the players connections cannot handle being on a server with that many players. I have a good ping to the server, and i do not see any lag from my end. What i do see is others with somewhat higher pings laggin. This is something we just learn to live with when it comes to online gaming. Generally, I do limit the servers to 30 players. But with only being able to run one server right now because they have yet to release the Dedicated server package, i just let it go to 32.

One thing i would like to clear up. There are alot of players that get on servers and see lag and immediatly blame the server. If the server is creating lag, then everyone on the particular server will be getting lag as well. Most of the time, the lag problem is not server side but client side. Not everyone can have a perfect connection to every server. Just because you have a great ping, does not mean you are not dropping packets somewhere to the server. I have seen players with 200ms pings playing all night long and never have one problem, but then there are some with 50ms pings that complain of lag all night. There are many things that will effect if you get lag or not. Video ram, system ram, CPU speed, and connection to the server.

I know this is a little bit off topic, but i do not like to see negative comments on the servers i run that are not justified. So i do tend to comment in threads where this is done.

Hope to see you all on the servers.
S~ and happy flying

SPaRX

www.war-clouds.net (http://www.war-clouds.net)

Fangio11
03-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Well, for what its worth I have seen no lag on the War Clouds server from Hyperlobby. It works great for me! The only problem I have had on the server is sometimes not being able to get on because its full!

On Hyperlobby there seem to be a few servers with large numbers (over 20) which I prefer and lots of servers with 4 or 5 guys. Often, its very hard to find a server open with lots of guys in it and the full realism specs.

Fang

BS87
03-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah, War clouds is awsome. I rarely get any lag, except for the occasional AEP related issue. That server will rock once dedicated server patch is out.

http://www.geocities.com/bs87cr/Sigfinal1.txt