PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sorry for XIII Fans... but Prince of Persia Rocks! :-D

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 11:34 PM
XIII got 6.4 from Gamespot.

POP : SOT 9.0.

Same with all other reviewers, too bad game didn't turned out to be "exceptional", as hyped.

I think you will see lot's of reasons of buying POP : SOT now :-D

Play Prince of Persia : Sands of Time... Game of The Year (TM)!

P.S I hope you will not be offended by this post, there was a guy from this forum, used to drop on POP forum and post messages like "XIII will be better then POP blah blah...", so I thought now that game is released, why not compare both /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

--

Naveed

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 11:34 PM
XIII got 6.4 from Gamespot.

POP : SOT 9.0.

Same with all other reviewers, too bad game didn't turned out to be "exceptional", as hyped.

I think you will see lot's of reasons of buying POP : SOT now :-D

Play Prince of Persia : Sands of Time... Game of The Year (TM)!

P.S I hope you will not be offended by this post, there was a guy from this forum, used to drop on POP forum and post messages like "XIII will be better then POP blah blah...", so I thought now that game is released, why not compare both /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

--

Naveed

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 12:09 AM
You're comparing a FPS and a Third-Person platformer.

They're signifigantly different styles of games, and a FPS fan may feel like a 6.0 FPS is a 7.0. Not to mention that Gamespot grades on a curve. So if a good game is in a catagory (sp?) of lots of excellent games, it will have a signifigantly lower score.

Yea, XIII does have A LOT of flaws, particulary the ridiculous copy protection on the PC, but I just wanted point out that games of different genres are rated differently.

Anyway, It's not like I bought the game, I wait for the GS score too /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

---------------------------------
I find large signitures with lots of pictures to be annoying. I mean, who the heck cares about looking at a picture of your favorite game while they're trying to see the next post? Seriously folks...
Like so...
<marquee><Center><bold><font color=FFFF33> (Insert Sig here) </marquee></Center></bold></font>

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 01:56 AM
The game has some issues that according to e-mail I've gotten from tech support are going to be addressed in the first patch. It will be done when it's done.

The main issue is the quick save and full save. It can't be done mid-checkpoint. This is real frustrating, and it is an acknowledged bug. Once this is fixed, it will be a better game than it currently is.

I've seen rave reviews of this game and apparently Gamespot gives it whatever and that is the consensus of those reviewing. Remember a 5.0 is an average game, at least that should be the standard, so a 7.0 is good. This game gets a 7.0 from me once these problems are fixed.

I've had no issues with the copy protection. I have a Lite-On CD-RW with firmware updated as of 7/1/03.

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 07:17 AM
Vasilia wrote:
-
- I've seen rave reviews of this game and apparently
- Gamespot gives it whatever and that is the consensus
- of those reviewing. Remember a 5.0 is an average
- game, at least that should be the standard, so a 7.0
- is good. This game gets a 7.0 from me once these
- problems are fixed.
-

Yes, 5.0 is average. But it's not the standard. A 5.0 is a game which is not as bad as it could be, a game with few more strengths than weaknesses.

A game which is "standard" is a very fun, very basic game of a genre.

I haven't actually bought the game, but I played the SP demo and the low G.S. score seems slightly unfair. It could of course, be due to the ridiculous "Sadistic" copy-protection.

As aforementioned, G.S. grades on a curve. If a game is decent, and all the other games of its genre are very good, the game will recieve a low score. G.S. itself noted that the FPS genre is very competitive, so a XIII with good gameplay would be very overshadowed.

---------------------------------
I find large signitures with lots of pictures to be annoying. I mean, who the heck cares about looking at a picture of your favorite game while they're trying to see the next post? Seriously folks...
Like so...
<marquee><Center><bold><font color=FFFF33> (Insert Sig here) </marquee></Center></bold></font>

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 07:06 PM
I REALLY like this game.
I don't believe it can really be compared to any other game, FPS or not.
This game, just for the cel-shading alone, has no modern accurate comparison.
There is also the fact that the game comes with the unreal editor.
I believe that the issues will be addressed in future patches, Ubisoft is a good company that really seems to care about what they produce.

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 10:00 AM
You are fighting a lost battle. There is nothing wrong in being a fanboy, I am a POP fanboy! But, GOOD games get good reviews, period. Doesn't matter if it is FPS, Third Person, or Strategy. That is why I am not comparing two games directly but their reviews, and reviews of both games are independent. POP : SOT is an exceptional game, where as XIII turned out to be yet another average shooter, admit it!

--

Naveed

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 01:46 PM
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/557907.asp

I played the demo and the gameplay was very average.. absolutely nothing innovative. This game's saving grace was always going to be the gee-whiz cel shading graphics, storyline, and style... but apparently none of these things were able to make up for the lack of gameplay, as these review scores show.

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 06:28 PM
OK
But I did notice it was good enough for you to register and regularly visit the XIII forum...

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 11:21 AM
Nope.. haven't been here since the mp demo. And I'm gone again until this one hits the bargain bins.