PDA

View Full Version : Western Front sea forces

DLJC
03-19-2004, 01:43 AM
Just woundering if perhaps there may be a couple more sea vessels for Normandy landings. Maybe a landing barge? It could run aground then have a few soldiers run out like when you strafe convoys of trucks. I think they were equiped with a couple of .50 machine guns (US). Maybe a cruiser (US or English)to provide costal arillery support to the landing forces, that would be nice! The Germans need a destroyer, the mine laying ships are OK but no match for a destroyer. A Liberty ship or some kind of troop transport would be cool just as long as it has cranes so it looks like a transport for the barges. On a diferent note just woundering if we will ever see any French aircraft (AI) perhaps some tanks ie Char series and the renault light tanks + a couple of pre invasion of france french squadrons? It's just that I like to make invasion of france missions and dressing up a russian bomber works OK but even one would be a god send! I'm Ok as far as fighter's go with what is in the IL2 FB I'd just like to pilot it. And what's with the Italian's, OK so a squadron served on the western front but what about the mine layer, It just seems to be lacking maybe a destroyer? I know the Italy's only had a few dozen and most were sunk in the Mediterainian. An Italy destroyer and cruiser would be awsome even though most were sunk early in the war! Maybe a Mediterainian Pack could be a distant prospect? Vichy French, Crap Italian light tanks, British Crusader Mk II's and Vickers MK IV, Rommel, Tubruck, Malta, HMS Ark Royal, Swordfish, Some African/Desert maps, Bitish cruiser and destroyer, The german "condor" plane, Mediteranian Map, Italy Map (43 INvasion)! I know some more Italy planes are on the expansion so thats much gratitude to you all, now I can launch bombers against my english (russian ships)enemys trying to supply malta and the african coast while shoting up their long range air cover with my fighters (Bristol Blenhiem long range cover)!!! (Finish coast online map)Will we ever see typhone tank destroyers, Mosquitoes or Beaufigters (Beaufighters a must for pacific campaign as are B-24 and The P whatever "Black Widow" for convoy desrtoying duties.) Aussies used Beaufighters extensivly and even made them in OZ. But I digress. MOstly I'd like some French pre invasion of France 1940 aircraft/ vehicles and tanks + relevant air squadrons. Also a few BEF squadrons + Matilda tank & vicker MK IV perhaps as bonus on BOB. (a desert map and perhaps an Italian tank just to blow up with a crusader MKII. As an extra special treat)

DLJC
03-19-2004, 01:43 AM
Just woundering if perhaps there may be a couple more sea vessels for Normandy landings. Maybe a landing barge? It could run aground then have a few soldiers run out like when you strafe convoys of trucks. I think they were equiped with a couple of .50 machine guns (US). Maybe a cruiser (US or English)to provide costal arillery support to the landing forces, that would be nice! The Germans need a destroyer, the mine laying ships are OK but no match for a destroyer. A Liberty ship or some kind of troop transport would be cool just as long as it has cranes so it looks like a transport for the barges. On a diferent note just woundering if we will ever see any French aircraft (AI) perhaps some tanks ie Char series and the renault light tanks + a couple of pre invasion of france french squadrons? It's just that I like to make invasion of france missions and dressing up a russian bomber works OK but even one would be a god send! I'm Ok as far as fighter's go with what is in the IL2 FB I'd just like to pilot it. And what's with the Italian's, OK so a squadron served on the western front but what about the mine layer, It just seems to be lacking maybe a destroyer? I know the Italy's only had a few dozen and most were sunk in the Mediterainian. An Italy destroyer and cruiser would be awsome even though most were sunk early in the war! Maybe a Mediterainian Pack could be a distant prospect? Vichy French, Crap Italian light tanks, British Crusader Mk II's and Vickers MK IV, Rommel, Tubruck, Malta, HMS Ark Royal, Swordfish, Some African/Desert maps, Bitish cruiser and destroyer, The german "condor" plane, Mediteranian Map, Italy Map (43 INvasion)! I know some more Italy planes are on the expansion so thats much gratitude to you all, now I can launch bombers against my english (russian ships)enemys trying to supply malta and the african coast while shoting up their long range air cover with my fighters (Bristol Blenhiem long range cover)!!! (Finish coast online map)Will we ever see typhone tank destroyers, Mosquitoes or Beaufigters (Beaufighters a must for pacific campaign as are B-24 and The P whatever "Black Widow" for convoy desrtoying duties.) Aussies used Beaufighters extensivly and even made them in OZ. But I digress. MOstly I'd like some French pre invasion of France 1940 aircraft/ vehicles and tanks + relevant air squadrons. Also a few BEF squadrons + Matilda tank & vicker MK IV perhaps as bonus on BOB. (a desert map and perhaps an Italian tank just to blow up with a crusader MKII. As an extra special treat)