PDA

View Full Version : [BUG} Sever AI Issues

Maverickk66
10-02-2015, 05:37 AM
**SEVERE not Sever :/
The AI needs a serious overhaul, not so much the combat AI but the adventure map AI. You weren't joking when you said in your stream that you shifted focus from the gameplay AI to the Combat AI. Why would you even divert any focus from it? Here are some major issues:
1- It does not see the need to visit Adventure Map objects to get more powerful.
2- Only fights neutral Stacks if they are guarding a Mine. Once in a blue moon it will interact with a neutral stack for some loot.
3- Very VERY rarely does it try to obtain Artifacts. In Past heroes games I knew that I had to hurry and seize the good loot because the AI would soon be after it. In H7 I have all the time in the world, because they aren't going for it.
4- Once they got their mines they stop leveling because they don't go get anything else. Once this happens they just make hero after hero and lag up the map with stupid empty heroes.
5- They have absolutely no strategy to them, they just wander aimlessly and its terribly boring. I'm already sick of it.
6- Combat AI needs work too but not as much, they don't make sense on the spells they cast, I had one enemy hero that just kept casting haste on his unit that already went first anyways....brilliant. They don't attack powerful stacks of shooters or try to block them.
All you have to do is play ONE map and you'll see this, PLEASE GET THIS PATCHED along with everything else so we can enjoy the game some of us paid $100 for. !

Maverickk66
10-02-2015, 05:48 AM
Also the Stronghold Faction Ability Bloodrage is Bugged. It says that you should only loose 2 blood rage at the end of the round, or if you wait or defend. When you attack though it also takes away 2, when it clearly isn't suppose to. By the time my army attacks in the first round its down to zero. Completely useless. Please Fix.

Maverickk66
10-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Warcry GM ability does not last for 2 rounds but still only 1 round.

victorash
10-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Yes, I also found bood rage to be bugged.

What difficulty are you playing?

For the future I plan to write a thread on AI bugs and stupidity and how it can be improved. For now the best AI I played against is in Heroes 3 Horn of the Abyss, if you know what I mean....
Stupid AI is a game breaker for me. Usually AI is programmed for the Campaigns and there it is competitive, but in Skirmish is not that bright so is boring. This is one of the reasons I stopped playing H6, no challenge with max difficulty settings

Maverickk66
10-03-2015, 04:34 AM
I play on Heroic, with hard map settings, this way at least the AI is forced to kill larger neutral stack for their mines and thus level up their hero more to make it a little more of a challenge. But still its not even a challenge. It just disgusts me how a game out in 1999 can have a better AI. I'm not a big online player so I enjoy a challenging AI, and its not even close to being there :(

victorash
10-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Yes, this is a pitty, that even in Heroic mode the AI is not that competitive. Let's hope for a better future :)

Alexander_HMM
10-04-2015, 12:07 AM
I confirm, that game isnt interesting cause of stupid AI...The most stupid AI from all HMM series!