PDA

View Full Version : roadblocks?! online? prologue?

legendarygreg
01-11-2004, 08:40 AM
ok i have a few questions, the roadblocks are just one of them.

1.) what are these roadblock things i keep running into during the game that keep me from going further? they look like roadblocks, and i find it hard to believe that uru would have a puzzle to destroy them or move them.

2)How do i play online? i cant find a single link on the site that allows me to join a game. And if i cant because of the beta test, why do i have an account? my free trial will end soon, so thats kind off agravating.

3) What is the prologue? why are they doing a beta test now? shouldnt they have done that before the game was released?

thank you for your time.

legendarygreg
01-11-2004, 08:40 AM
ok i have a few questions, the roadblocks are just one of them.

1.) what are these roadblock things i keep running into during the game that keep me from going further? they look like roadblocks, and i find it hard to believe that uru would have a puzzle to destroy them or move them.

2)How do i play online? i cant find a single link on the site that allows me to join a game. And if i cant because of the beta test, why do i have an account? my free trial will end soon, so thats kind off agravating.

3) What is the prologue? why are they doing a beta test now? shouldnt they have done that before the game was released?

thank you for your time.

kpgdenver
01-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Here's my understanding, as a fellow explorer:

1)The roadblocks are set up by the DRC to keep us away from areas that aren't "safe".

2&3)If you have been invited to join the prologue, you can play live right now. You start the online game from the Uru launcher. The first option on the launcher should have two popups, one that says "Uru: Ages Beyond Myst" and one that says "Uru Live". You want the second one.

The prologue is sort of a public beta of the online part of the game. (Officially, Uru is a standalone game, and the online part is extra.)Your 1 month free trial starts after the prologue ends.

: Kahlu :: KI#00645864 :
...to see with eyes unclouded by hate...

legendarygreg
01-11-2004, 11:08 AM
k thanks. one problem. i downloaded the new Uru 1.2 patch, and i tried to play uru live like you sed. it said "checking for updates.....unable to downlad update file" what is the deal with that?

and by the way, about the "arent safe" thing, do they become safe as you unlock other puzzles in different worlds? like you beat a level, and you can then access it?

Thanks for your time.

Kwartha
01-11-2004, 11:12 AM
legandarygreg: No, some of those roadblocks you can never get past. And the only time they will disappear is when the DRC removes them, after ensuring that an area of the cavern is safe to explore.

Or, to put it another way: They're a part of the Prologue debugging and a part of the DRC Restoration storyline. Once Uru Live launches, the Restoration phase of the plot begins. Once Restoration is over, almost all the barriers will (likely) be gone, and the further exploration will begin.

Pepsi1953
01-11-2004, 03:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by legendarygreg:
k thanks. one problem. i downloaded the new Uru 1.2 patch, and i tried to play uru live like you sed. it said "checking for updates.....unable to downlad update file" what is the deal with that?

and by the way, about the "arent safe" thing, do they become safe as you unlock other puzzles in different worlds? like you beat a level, and you can then access it?

Thanks for your time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi! legendarygreg Welcome to the Uru forums. If you haven't already found out yourself here is a Link (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=8271034) to the tech section where they can hopefully answer your question about the checking for updates problem and get you up and running.

Good luck and home to see you in cavern soon.

~Pepsi~

In Cavern: Pehpsee
Member of the Guild of Greeters
Atrus KI: 725577
Neighborhood: GOG II
Katran KI: 147811

-When you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worthwhile.-