PDA

View Full Version : Heroes VII preload starting today

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-24-2015, 09:48 AM
Hi Heroes,

With only a few more days to release, we can announce that you will be able to preload Heroes VII starting from today on Uplay & all supported PC platforms, so that you are ready to play on release day!

The M&M Team

unreal_az1
09-24-2015, 01:19 PM
It's 19 mins over :) I see no game!

RobvD84
09-24-2015, 01:48 PM
A shame we never get a confirmation that this game is ready to be released (i mean a demo ofcourse, this streaming ******** has no meaning for me). If we get a demo we can see for ourselves if the game is ready and we can play (or if it has game breaking bugs). Streaming at this point is useless in my opinon because everybody uses different pc's. And it is the best way to push ppl to buy it.

Marblethrone
09-24-2015, 03:50 PM
I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition (so, a physical copy of the game). Do I have to/can I preload too, or should I just wait for the game and install it from the ground up?

Wintermist
09-24-2015, 04:48 PM
I can't even preload because it tells me I either got no Internet connection or I got not space. Isn't 85 GB enough?!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-24-2015, 04:53 PM
I can't even preload because it tells me I either got no Internet connection or I got not space. Isn't 85 GB enough?!

Hi Wintermist, please could you contact Technical Support https://support.ubi.com

Wintermist
09-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Hi Wintermist, please could you contact Technical Support https://support.ubi.com

LOL, no. Do you know how many times I've contacted them to just get a standard copy paste message back? I'm not going to go through that again. Either the download will start atleast 2 days before release, or I'm simply going to cancel the order. I'm done with the constant hassle over things HoMM related.

Maverickk66
09-24-2015, 05:03 PM
I don't even have the option to pre-downlaod through Uplay, anyone else see this problem...I should of gone through steam :(

Wintermist
09-24-2015, 05:09 PM
LOL, no. Do you know how many times I've contacted them to just get a standard copy paste message back? I'm not going to go through that again. Either the download will start atleast 2 days before release, or I'm simply going to cancel the order. I'm done with the constant hassle over things HoMM related.

It actually started working now so problem solved itself. I would assume then that it's something to do with the download server for the game.

Marblethrone
09-24-2015, 05:09 PM
I don't even have the option to pre-downlaod through Uplay, anyone else see this problem...I should of gone through steam :(

Exactly, hence my question:

I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition (so, a physical copy of the game). Do I have to/can I preload too, or should I just wait for the game and install it from the ground up?

I would like an answer...because I too can't preload through Uplay.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-24-2015, 05:13 PM
It actually started working now so problem solved itself. I would assume then that it's something to do with the download server for the game.

Glad you got it working.

Usually with this error, you will need to check that you have administrator rights.

Maverickk66
09-24-2015, 05:21 PM
Glad you got it working.

Usually with this error, you will need to check that you have administrator rights.

I still can't download. I pre-orderd digital deluxe on Uplay. Some hlep would be nice. Thank you.

UnoPoo
09-25-2015, 12:16 AM

Thinking I read somewhere that if you ordered a Physical copy like you did (CE) then you will have to wait until then. Your product Key should come w/ the product and until you have the Product Key...Anyway, the upside of having your CE is that you get all the items in it...Downside is can't preload...If you want I can try and dig up the reference. Probably in the FAQ sheet if I recall.

Hope that helps and not sure why you didn't get a response from someone official.

Marblethrone
09-25-2015, 06:46 AM
Thinking I read somewhere that if you ordered a Physical copy like you did (CE) then you will have to wait until then. Your product Key should come w/ the product and until you have the Product Key...Anyway, the upside of having your CE is that you get all the items in it...Downside is can't preload...If you want I can try and dig up the reference. Probably in the FAQ sheet if I recall.

Hope that helps and not sure why you didn't get a response from someone official.

Thanks for the answer, and I did get a response from Ubi-Nox on the Shadow Council website yesterday ;). Here you can read our conversation: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/pre-loading-now-available#56041ef40c75f78f247d928e

With additional info: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/pre-loading-now-available#560426e129c8361f6e2a9046

Cope-a-lope
09-27-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm also having the same issue trying to pre-load. I get the same error message when I try to pre-load the game 'Failed to start download, check internet connection'. I have been in contact with Ubisoft support for the past week (in regards to accessing the Beta when it was still active) and still no solution. Frustrated to no end!

TheSerah
09-28-2015, 03:23 AM
I still can't download. I pre-orderd digital deluxe on Uplay. Some hlep would be nice. Thank you.

I'm also having the same issue trying to pre-load. I get the same error message when I try to pre-load the game 'Failed to start download, check internet connection'. I have been in contact with Ubisoft support for the past week (in regards to accessing the Beta when it was still active) and still no solution. Frustrated to no end!

Run the Uplay program (shortcut) with administrator rights. That is how I got the game to preload.

Right click the shortcut to do so and select Run as Administrator

I had this issue but it worked when I did what the Moderator said.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Run the Uplay program (shortcut) with administrator rights. That is how I got the game to preload.

Hi Cope-a-lopeand welcome to the forums,

Please try what is suggested, if the issue persists please open a ticket with our Support Team https://support.ubi.com including a DxDiag report.

Thanks

Cope-a-lope
09-28-2015, 02:21 PM

I tried exactly what you had said about run as administrator and it worked right away! Thank you so much, greatly appreciated!