PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed X:A Hideo Kojima game

dimbismp
09-24-2015, 12:51 AM
Now that Hideo Kojima will leave Konami,would you want him to direct the AC series?

Regardless of what we want,i think that it is nearly impossible,as Hideo wants full creative control of his games,while Ubisoft uses the infamous annual schedule.

ze_topazio
09-24-2015, 12:55 AM
Kojima would never work under Ubisoft's typical schedules.

LoyalACFan
09-24-2015, 01:31 AM
Kojima would never work under Ubisoft's typical schedules.

This, but if we're just entertaining hypotheticals... I love Metal Gear, but I wouldn't want Kojima's trademark campy humor in AC. Though I do think that AC, if it's going to stay relevant, eventually needs to be handed over to a mad genius who can just run wild with it.

VoXngola
09-24-2015, 02:24 AM
Kojima's talent would be wasted in Ubisoft.

strigoi1958
09-24-2015, 03:33 AM
I wouldn't want AC games as clunky as MGS V

LoyalACFan
09-24-2015, 03:56 AM
I wouldn't want AC games as clunky as MGS V

Dude what

VestigialLlama4
09-24-2015, 04:50 AM
I don't know, do we need longer cutscenes, semi-naked female stereotypes, clunky controls and more nonsensical stories? That's being rude and unfair but you know that's as much a part of the package as good stealth and decent boss-fights. With the exception of Snake Eater, I was never impressed by Metal Gear both in gameplay or in story, but then Snake Eater is a game great enough to invalidate any other weak game.

It would be more interesting if Ubisoft asks Kojima to make his new IP, or something of that sort.

I-Like-Pie45
09-24-2015, 05:48 AM
no

the boss is a lie

Kojima is QUATTRO BAJEENA

la le lu li lo le lu

I NEED ANNUALIZATION 61 QUIET DOWN

You see this? Ubisoft, our new homes

Aphex_Tim
09-24-2015, 06:12 AM
When it comes to game design and creative freedom, Kojima is a genius. But when it comes to portrayal of women... :rolleyes:
Imagine if he did Syndicate. Jacob would look like he does now. Evie would be barely clothed with breasts three times as large and taking on sexy poses all the time. But that's okay because she turns out to have a condition where her skin just needs air and needs to be moisturized all the time and we should be ashamed of ourselves for thinking she's being objectified.

Alphacos007
09-24-2015, 06:59 AM
I think he would be cool as an adition to the team, but not the main director like he was on the MGS games. He is not afraid to go into mature themes and create WTF moments, so it would fit pretty well with the narrative, but on the other hand, his storytelling is always full of flaws and contradicting stuff, so someone experienced on the series to work with him would be needed. I don't think his humor would be a problem, it would actually be cool on an AC game IMO, but I would have a problem with an AC game using his art direction, in his cutscenes the main character barely talks, leaving most of the explanations to be done by the side characters. Oh, and whenever there is a woman around the camera focuses on the breasts or the butt :rolleyes:

TL;DR: Yes, but with some limits.

RVSage
09-24-2015, 07:37 AM
Not a big fan of MGSV, like strigoi said earlier, the game series at times has been clunky. And as others mentioned above, I skipped MGSV the second "Quiet" was introduced in an objectifed way. The entire character felt like "We put Quiet in there with that design , with all the poses, because it sells"... Yes he has been a great story teller and has been the lead for a historic series. But No thanks, I am happy with AC being in the watchful eyes of Darby and his team, who have been there for a while. They can fix and improve narrative more than Kojima can for AC. But I would be excited if Kojima joins ubisoft for a new IP

killzab
09-24-2015, 07:38 AM
i wouldn't want ac games as clunky as mgs v

rofl !!!!

Xangr8
09-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Please no! I've never liked that dude for some reason. He's kinda creepy and feels evil. Yes. That's my opinion.

Sorrosyss
09-24-2015, 08:37 AM
No thanks. I prefer our female characters clothed and able to speak. :p And can you imagine those credits before and after every sequence? Brrrr.

I concede he's a great cinematographer and his MGS cutscenes are amazing, but story wise they have always been pretty mental. I do feel MGSV is very overrated though. As a stealth game it's great. Open world, passable. But its story was terrible compared to the rest of the series (Snake barely spoke most of the time. And don't even get me started on the "true" ending).

I don't think his trade mark quirkiness and sexual objectifications would fit with a western developer. And even if he could fit in, without his trademark craziness I'm not sure what he could bring to AC.

Xangr8
09-24-2015, 08:42 AM
No thanks. I prefer our female characters clothed and able to speak. :p And can you imagine those credits before and after every sequence? Brrrr.

I concede he's a great cinematographer and his MGS cutscenes are amazing, but story wise they have always been pretty mental. I do feel MGSV is very overrated though. As a stealth game it's great. Open world, passable. But its story was terrible compared to the rest of the series (Snake barely spoke most of the time. And don't even get me started on the "true" ending).

I don't think his trade mark quirkiness and sexual objectifications would fit with a western developer. And even if he could fit in, without his trademark craziness I'm not sure what he could bring to AC.
Right! Talking about females. Ubi has done fantastic work not sexualising their female characters. Evie, Aveline, Elise. I mean, look at Quiet. Like what is she even doing with that outfit out in the field?

Alphacos007
09-24-2015, 09:01 AM

I agree with you, but I'm curious why you don't like the true ending, would you mind expanding on that? Don't forget to use the spoiler tag since a lot of people here also play that game :p

Right! Talking about females. Ubi has done fantastic work not sexualising their female characters. Evie, Aveline, Elise. I mean, look at Quiet. Like what is she even doing with that outfit out in the field?

If you played the game, you'd know why she uses such outfit, there's an actual decent (in MGS standarts) explanation. And after she becomes your friend, you can make her use actual military clothes. It doesn't change the fact that she was indeed sexualized, since in most of the cutscenes with her, the camera focuses on her "statuses".

GunnerGalactico
09-24-2015, 09:35 AM
I don't think AC would be Kojima's type of genre. Sure, he might do a lot to improve and enhance the existing gameplay mechanics but, I just don't see him being interested in working on a game that is loosely based on history. Maybe games like FC and Splinter Cell are more to his taste.

I pretty much agree with everyone else about his portrayal of female characters, Ubi does a much better job on that department IMO.

The4orTy67
09-24-2015, 03:03 PM
I can totally see Kojima cleaning the toilets at Ubisoft HQ and imagine him being quite good at it.

RA503
09-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Will be cool as a non canonical AC game developed at his own time while the main team works in the standard yearly canonical ones, I love his craziness, nowdays developers is too founded in ''realism'' ,AC have also his own bunch of craziness, First Civ stuff and memory time travels,is because of that I become a fan of Assassins Creed,is the most crazy western series,and Darby is a fan of Metal Gear he comment the games on twitter...

A cross over will be awesome,I will like to see Juno possess a Metal Gear...

HoyHoyJake
09-24-2015, 09:26 PM
would definitely play. I think it would be cool to see his style adapted to the AC universe.

cawatrooper9
09-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Honestly, I'm not a fan of Kojima- though I really was looking forward to his new Silent Hills project, before it was cancelled.
I just don't think his style would mesh at all with the AC series.

It's like asking for Quentin Tarantino to direct the next season of Game of Thrones- it might sound like an awesome idea at first, but you'll regret it when there's a thirty minute scene next season with Jaime and Cersei in bed smoking cigars and talking about how if they covered themselves in cheddar they'd be Royals with cheese.