PDA

View Full Version : More players for Wildlands

IMT47
09-22-2015, 11:52 PM
The present player limit is 4; please expand to 16. It limits playing with my Xbox friends and makes it a "first come first serve" opportunity when signing on.

ES-Ulukai
09-25-2015, 06:39 AM
16 is to much for the coop campaign !

Cortexian
09-26-2015, 11:30 AM
Agreed.

You're Ghosts behind enemy lines. You're not an invading army. ArmA III provides that "big army" experience if you'd like to try it out. Complete with transporting supplies from point A to point B, and patrolling on foot for hours looking for signs of the enemy.

strigoi1958
09-28-2015, 04:34 PM
I don't buy games that doesn't let me stay in a small group. I don't want to be 1 of 20 shouting over each other. 2 or 4 is ideal and 6 as a maximum suits me and my friends so yes there are players like me who buy for co-op ;)

RBD_MCRob
09-28-2015, 05:09 PM
I have to agree, for me i buy games that support just coop or both but at the heart of the campaign i think 4 or maybe 6 max as the party and honestly believe 6 is the sweet spot for a ghost recon group doing the story based missions. Now for multiplayer i do like how the first game supported groups from 4v4 up to a 12v12 because anything more then that and you would lag all to hell in those days lol but the maps supported it.

Its all about having the options for the style of and size of a multiplayer match and the ability to choose which maps you wanted to play in based on your suited group size or clan match. I do feel that 16v16 can and will get a little out of hand because at that point you have too many hands in the cookie jar to communicate with and still keep with the tactical feel and formation of the game even in multiplayer. This game has and always will be about smaller groups being able to communicate well with one another and as someone stated not feel like your always talking over someone to communicate key intel and information.

I know for me my sweet spot for clan matching has always been 6v6 or 8v8 and nothing more then that, its not saying i wouldn't enjoy a larger match with my clan once in awhile on a larger map but at the core ill take a 6v6 or 8v8 anyday. So my vote if anything for coop story mode would be to increase the party size to 6 because i think that would be a real sweet spot for teams learning to play together. The best way to succeed in multiplayer is going to be the group you played daily with on coop learning and enjoying the game but most importantly learning to work together as a team. I think the massive 16v16 just takes way to much away from this feeling and experience you get from the smaller groups and why people have clans so you can swap friends in and out and still enjoy playing with them, just my 2 cents.

strigoi1958
09-28-2015, 09:04 PM
I have no problem with how many people are in a multiplayer map... It is team size size that needs to be right. I have no problem with 8 teams of 6 in a map but building an understanding over a big team is difficult and communication is key. A small cell with the right weapons layout and tactics will be a bigger threat than 20 guys all talking.

Cortexian
09-30-2015, 02:11 AM
Yeah 6 players would be fine for co-op if they wanted to expand it. Possibly even 8. Obviously the enemy difficulty would need to scale up in a few ways, AI skill, number of AI, etc in order to compensate.

I can't see them scaling it any higher than 8 players though. They would need to add in so many extra AI to compensate for the number of players that it wouldn't be remotely realistic IMO. That would kill the immersion for me.

I'm of the opinion that your "campaign" will be 100% integrated with the open world cooperative multiplayer mode though BLUEFOX. At least, that's the vibe I got when I was in Paris (NOTE: not confirmed, it's just how I immediately imagined the game. 100% my opinion based on observation). Similar to how Far Cry has the ability to let other players "drop in" to your campaign session and help you out.

IMO Wildlands campaign will be the same as the cooperative multiplayer mode. The only difference being that you can "opt in" to having your campaign happen online and let your friends or other players join you.

Just doesn't make sense to go to the trouble of making a giant open world ideally suited for cooperative play, and then have a SEPARATE offline campaign. It'll be much like GRFS I assume. You can play the whole campaign with 3 AI or 3 other live players if you want. Wildlands will likely just have a lot more things to do. Side-missions so to speak.