PDA

View Full Version : Clan Websites [PS4]

StiffNasty
09-22-2015, 01:24 PM
Does the community prefer clans that have their own websites and forums for communication, or does everyone prefer clans with less structure like just a recruiter with a gamertag to hit up in game?

MajorStains74
09-22-2015, 01:33 PM
I joined a clan over 6 years ago that has its own forum and have never looked back. To me it adds an extra dimension to this everchanging landscape.
Members come and go over the years and some just inhabit the PS/ X1 chat facilites, or Facebook groups. But I guess at the end of the day we all want something different from a clan.
I personally love the extra element forums bring and will miss them if Sony's new update brings a decent community app where people will communicate all the time.

As we are a parent gamer clan, the forum sometimes brings so much more depth to its members, sharing jokes, news, reviews, family births/ deaths, the whole lot.

StiffNasty
09-22-2015, 01:40 PM
I like the same thing, but over the last few years it's almost like I've seen a shift in the majority of gamers thinking the opposite.

iB.Jatobi
09-22-2015, 02:38 PM
I like the same thing, but over the last few years it's almost like I've seen a shift in the majority of gamers thinking the opposite.

Over the last few years you have a ton of younger kids making their own "clans." They don't have the tools or know-how, or funds, to have their own website and forums.

Let alone console gamers typically don't have such a thing in general. PC gamers nearly every clan has a website/forum and voice communication (TS3, Ventrilo, Mumble, etc.). If they don't, they're not serious and probably aren't a real "clan."