PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - The Dreadful Crimes Trailer (PS4)

Locopells
09-18-2015, 02:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsjjuMSe9_0

VestigialLlama4
09-18-2015, 02:57 PM
Yay, the Clue and Flashback mechanic from AC3 is finally repurposed properly after Unity's lame approach.

Syndicate, innovating nothing since 2013.

ModernWaffle
09-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Nice trailer and glad to see a return of murder mysteries, but bit disappointed I can't play these set of missions as an XboxOne owner :(

VoXngola
09-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Man, that kid is already annoying to me.

Alphacos007
09-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Holy, this actually looks pretty good! I did not expect that. Those written clues with the lines linking them on the screen are awesome.

Pandassin
09-18-2015, 04:34 PM
Looks great! I'm loving the atmosphere too, it's looking really good.

EmptyCrustacean
09-18-2015, 05:06 PM
I continue to enjoy the light, quirky tone this game has.

BananaBlighter
09-18-2015, 05:21 PM
Wow this looks a lot better than I was expecting. Certainly better than Unity's murder mysteries, at least we have cutscenes!

dimbismp
09-18-2015, 07:29 PM
This seems like a big improvement on the ACU murder mysteries.First of all they seem that they are going to be more challenging and most of all,the protagonist(s) are actually speaking this time,unlike the super silent Arno.How many are they going to be in total?

I am happy that i am a ps4 owner,however this isn't fair for the xbox1 and the pc fans...

HDinHB
09-19-2015, 02:02 AM
Urchins. I think I saw urchins.

Man, that kid is already annoying to me.

Arthur Conan Doyle was about 9 years old in 1868.

He was born in Scotland. In 1868, he was in school in northern England, so this probably isn't him.

Alphacos007
09-19-2015, 02:15 AM
I am happy that i am a ps4 owner,however this isn't fair for the xbox1 and the pc fans...

I believe the PC version will also include them, as every single time the PC versions also had the supposedly PS4 exclusive content. I feel bad for the Xbox players though, I hope they at the very least get the option to buy it as a separate DLC later.

Xangr8
09-19-2015, 08:30 AM
I felt the chills watching the trailer. Love how they're elaborating the Murder Mysteries with cutscenes and more interaction with the crime scene.

BananaBlighter
09-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Feel sorry for Xbox owners...:(

Selestina118
09-20-2015, 01:14 AM
I hope that this will be an eventual DLC for Xbox. I really liked the Murder Mysteries and they look even better in that trailer. A little sad that its PS4 exclusive, but that's the way releases go. =/

Chipworm
09-20-2015, 10:55 AM
Bit irritating that I have the big ben edition ordered yet still wont get the full game, just because I happen to have ordered the Xbox version. This platform exclusive content on a multi platform game has got to stop.

I note that my xbox version isn't cheaper, despite having less content...

HDinHB
09-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Arthur Conan Doyle was about 9 years old in 1868.

He was born in Scotland. In 1868, he was in school in northern England, so this probably isn't him.

Update: Tech Times says the boys name is Artie...

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/86436/20150919/trailer-ps4-exclusive-dreadful-crimes-levels-assassins-creed-syndicate.htm

In Syndicate's mysteries, either Jacob or Evie Frye (your choice) is teamed with a (NPC) young boy named Artie, a huge Penny Dreadful fan and self-made expert on their subject matter.

HoyHoyJake
09-20-2015, 09:01 PM
Really like the tone of this trailer! I'm getting more and more excited for this game!

ninja4hire10
09-21-2015, 12:51 AM
My PS4 went kaput so I opted for an XB1, figuring I won't be left OUT of anything but rather I'd GAIN Rise of the Tomb Raider. Ugh. I feel so unloved.

So me, who has loyally pre-ordered every AC game and has purchased the Season Pass with every pertinent release, humbly and formally submit a request to the Community Managers to send this message up the ladder:

Gimme this here DLC for Xbox One. I can wait a little while for the exclusivity to wear off. Gimme gimme gimme.

HDinHB
09-21-2015, 03:58 AM
Exclusive DLC is almost as old as the series itself, There was Copernicus in Brotherhood, Benedict Arnold in AC3, Aveline in AC4. Did any of these make it to Xbox?

They were mostly okay, but I wouldn't cry over missing them (unless they were Xbox exclusives).

Locopells
09-21-2015, 11:17 AM
Nope, only PC, sorry.

Going4Quests
09-21-2015, 05:46 PM
So this is actually coming to the PC version? Source? :D

Farlander1991
09-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Hm, apparently (a user on reddit pointed this out, I never actually watched the release date part of this trailer :D ), the wording in the trailer makes it seem like at some point the DLC will come over to Xbox at all. (http://imgur.com/cP0Eeve)

PC seems like it has to go without saying as both Benedict Arnold and Aveline Sony exclusives were released on PC.

Going4Quests
09-21-2015, 06:10 PM
Why didnt I have the aveline stories? D:

Farlander1991
09-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Why didnt I have the aveline stories? D:

Sorry, forgot to mention a caveat, Benedict Arnold and Aveline are on PC, but they're available only in the PC Deluxe Editions of AC3/AC4.

ninja4hire10
09-23-2015, 12:15 AM
Ah, didn't catch the word "first" at trailer's end There's a glimmer of hope. I imagine it'll be a bit of a wait, but I'll do it.

Captain Tomatoz
10-30-2015, 09:47 PM
Assassin's Creed has always had playstation exclusive content so I have got used to it by now but they have always been just an extra mission or two. Now with syndicate they seem to have given playstation users an entire new mechanic. How is this fair to other consumers who buy the game for the same price. Console exclusive content needs to end otherwise its only going to get worse. The next AC will probably have an extra main character or something behind exclusive content at this rate.

LCD_Dave_N7
10-30-2015, 11:52 PM
I actually like the console exclusive content. As you said, it's pretty worthless and something you get used to. It's great to not feel like I have to get every worthless thing they put out just for the sake of having everything. With Assassin's Creed I always know ahead of time that I'm not going to have the full game, so I can actually pick and choose the DLC I purchase.

Captain Tomatoz
10-30-2015, 11:57 PM
I actually like the console exclusive content. As you said, it's pretty worthless and something you get used to. It's great to not feel like I have to get every worthless thing they put out just for the sake of having everything. With Assassin's Creed I always know ahead of time that I'm not going to have the full game, so I can actually pick and choose the DLC I purchase.

As I said I was used to the worthless missions being exclusive but the dreadful crimes seem like entire new mechanics that is being taken away from xbox (and pc) users for the sake of marketing to ps4 players.

LCD_Dave_N7
10-31-2015, 01:57 AM
Well, it's only PS4 exclusive until March. It's apparently well worth it, I just wonder if anyone will care by then.

RobertMcSassin
10-31-2015, 01:21 PM
Yes...It's very much well worth it...

This isn't a rubbing yer face in it post...But seriously, when it's available to you...It's a must get...

While it is a complete rip-off of Steven Moffatt's Sherlock way of doing things...(Won't spoil it, but you'll see what I mean)...Ye Gods it's brilliantly done...

I don't agree with console exclusivity at all...And feel hugely bad that not everyone can enjoy these as much as I did...At least, not yet... ;) ...

HDinHB
10-31-2015, 05:02 PM
Exclusive DLC is almost as old as the series itself, There was Copernicus in Brotherhood, Benedict Arnold in AC3, Aveline in AC4. Did any of these make it to Xbox?

They were mostly okay, but I wouldn't cry over missing them (unless they were Xbox exclusives).

I wanted to update my previous comments. I've only played a few of these dreadful crimes mysteries, but they are the best of the PS exclusive content and are better implemented than the investigations in Unity. Hopefully, everyone gets to enjoy these eventually.

RA503
10-31-2015, 05:09 PM
I play the Aveline thing in ps3 and find a bit disposable,they can't made something too Lore relevant or elabore,because if not will be disrespectiful to Xbox audiences...

ford1231970
10-31-2015, 09:15 PM
I have finished mem 3 but no dreadful crimes where are they?

HDinHB
10-31-2015, 09:53 PM
I have finished mem 3 but no dreadful crimes where are they?

Did you enter the code that came with the game? Does it show up in the e-store menu under "Browse my bonus content?"

Pr0metheus 1962
10-31-2015, 10:10 PM
I don't see it either. I seem to recall that the Dreadful Crimes missions don't go live until November 3rd, but I may be wrong in that.

BananaBlighter
10-31-2015, 10:55 PM
I remember downloading it and couldn't find it on my map despite it showing up on the e-store. Then I checked my PS$ download history and it wasn't there! I simply redownloaded it and it just appeared. Simple.

SofaJockey
10-31-2015, 11:18 PM
I find exclusive content on PS4 is a dreadful crime

Though I've just 100%ed so I won't miss it...

driveinns
11-01-2015, 08:35 PM
I have to say, I am upset this time around. I LOVE this game. The setting, the characters. It's great! And normally the PlayStation exclusives don't worry me all that much. Over here on Xbox or even Pc we never seem to get them. Even though every time we are told they are "timed exclusives" they never seem to be released.

This time however I am upset. I am a long time supporter of Ubisoft games, I really enjoy them. All the Assassins creed, watchdogs, far cry, the crew, plus some I've probably missed. I am upset because I never got to play the Aveline exclusive missions. I was told many times they were "timed exclusives" yet we never got them. Not even to purchase.

This time, I love it all! I WANT the penny dreadful missions. PLEASE Ubisoft, release them to Xbox users. I know most won't care, some won't pay for them, I will! I am a little miffed at having to practically beg for them AND offer extra money, but there is TEN EXTRA MISSIONS!!!!!!!??? Ten! That's a bit rich isn't it? That's a lot of gamely, just for owning a different system. Feels a little harsh to your customer, but whatever, my personal feelings aside, I WANT THAT STUFF, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE allow me to get it this time, in a reasonable time frame!

Thanks. I know a Ubisoft person probably won't see this, I hope they do! :-)

An Aussie.

crusader_prophet
11-02-2015, 03:09 AM
Is there a way to restart a murder mystery if a wrong person is accused? In other words, is there a way to restart the murder mystery missions to be able to get the maximum reward?

Thanks!

phoenix-force411
11-02-2015, 03:16 AM
I haven't checked if you actually can replay these missions, but if you did accuse the wrong person, you can restart the memory while playing the memory. You will have investigate everything all over again, though. Some of them are tricky, but I found them all to be enjoyable.

ModernWaffle
11-12-2015, 04:47 PM
After watching a walkthrough of these missions, I find myself disappointed with how Ubisoft has dealt with DLC this year. I don't have an issue with the idea of limiting some missions for the PS4 as part of whatever deal Ubisoft made with Sony, but I do have an issue with what content they have limited this time - i.e. the murder mysteries.

If, for example, the PS4 got the Darwin and Dic kens Conspiracy DLC as an exclusive then I think this would have sat much better with fans as we already have some missions from each historical figure in the standard retail edition of Syndicate. In general, I don't complain about DLC that just offers more of what already is in the main game. However, murder mysteries were included in Unity as normal side activities whereas in Syndicate they've been entirely omitted unless you seek out the DLC.

To me this feels like a step backwards - they created a good new side activity that stood out as one of the more inventive ones and then they completely removed them in the next game at a time when AC fatigue from the general public is arguably at its peak and which only reinforces the view that the franchise now has a lack of innovation. Of course, the omission of the murder mysteries hardly detracted from the overall fun I had from Syndicate, but it certainly reduces my overall perception and the quality of the franchise in the long term.

Why not make the Templar Hunts - some of the worse and more uninspired side activities in Syndicate - DLC rather than the murder mysteries, offering the better content in the main game which more people will be exposed to rather than giving the best parts of your game to a select few who have access to the DLC.

cawatrooper9
11-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Why not make the Templar Hunts - some of the worse and more uninspired side activities in Syndicate - DLC rather than the murder mysteries, offering the better content in the main game which more people will be exposed to rather than giving the best parts of your game to a select few who have access to the DLC.

As an XBox One play on Syndicate, I too would like to see the murder mysteries return (especially given the obvious connection to the setting!), but I don't think this suggestion would work. For one, Templar Hunts are critical to freeing districts, and you definitely wouldn't want that behind a pay wall or exclusivity.

If your argument is that Templar Hunts shouldn't be part of the district liberation anyway, I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with you. While most of these missions were pretty uninspired (and I wouldn't have minded seeing improved versions of them), they're integral to the series. It's Assassins Creed, after all, and even though these minor assassinations weren't much to write home about, I think they did a good job of really making you feel like an Assassin fighting a faction of Templars, rather than pursuing a handful of Templar targets and their armies. I haven't really felt that so much since the first game, with the Templar Knight targets.

(Yes, I know that almost every other game included minor Templar targets as side missions, but these in Syndicate just felt better built into the game).

ModernWaffle
11-12-2015, 07:34 PM
As an XBox One play on Syndicate, I too would like to see the murder mysteries return (especially given the obvious connection to the setting!), but I don't think this suggestion would work. For one, Templar Hunts are critical to freeing districts, and you definitely wouldn't want that behind a pay wall or exclusivity.

If your argument is that Templar Hunts shouldn't be part of the district liberation anyway, I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with you. While most of these missions were pretty uninspired (and I wouldn't have minded seeing improved versions of them), they're integral to the series. It's Assassins Creed, after all, and even though these minor assassinations weren't much to write home about, I think they did a good job of really making you feel like an Assassin fighting a faction of Templars, rather than pursuing a handful of Templar targets and their armies. I haven't really felt that so much since the first game, with the Templar Knight targets.

(Yes, I know that almost every other game included minor Templar targets as side missions, but these in Syndicate just felt better built into the game).

I agree with you but there are some things I would like to clarify. I should have been clearer but I was only using the Templar Hunts as an example; my actual point was that they prioritised old mission types over new ones - the Templar Hunts being the best example as it is essentially an 'identify and assassinate' mission, something we had since AC1. The District Liberation missions should of course stay as it's important to the context of the story and represents many of the classic mission types we had in older AC games which I still like, but there were too many of them.

For instance, if we're staying with the topic of Templar Hunts, I like missions where you 'identify and assassinate' such as the blackbox missions or the gang strongholds (assassination missions with a bit more innovation). But say in the Templar Hunts, you can easily find and kill your targets within seconds, there's no satisfaction in completing the missions, both from a story and gameplay perspective. I don't mind if they stay and pad out the game a bit, but don't make them a strong focus.

In terms of Syndicate's recent sales and reviews, it's obvious that popularity for the franchise has fallen; I want AC to go on as long as possible, but for this to happen, Ubisoft have to convince people that the series isn't dying and that the next entries will be worth buying. To do this, they have to offer real new gameplay elements for each entry - the more they have, the better - and this will convince people to stay invested into the series. The thing is, they do they have these new elements but simply don't emphasise them. Murder mysteries were a new type of side missions only just introduced in Unity and many people liked them. So why hide these new mission types behind DLC whilst keeping so much of what has already been regurgitated in past titles in the main game?